Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. So I was sleeved on tues. The 22nd. And I am in so much pain! My incisions are just so tender and I am suppose to go home later today (which I can't imagine) I keep taking the exlixer every 4 hours but by the 3rd 4th hour its just too much pain. Ive had two c section and this is 100 x worse. Its also very hard to drink anthing. I feel pain in my chest. Anyone else? And any advice when it starts to get better?

I was also sleeved on the 22nd and I have been in a lot of pain. They gave me loratab and that helps take the edge off but it hurts really bad at the top of my stomach which gets really intense every time I drink anything and the dr said that is caused from the hernia repair that he did and it will be really tight in there for a few days. But man the ride home from the hospital was horrid! I thought I was going to die! lol

You already went home? You're bra e. I'm so nervous to go home and be in pain. How much medication did they send you home with? I'm on 15mg. Everyone says it will get better, it has to right? Lol

Yeah they sent me home yesterday afternoon. I was scared to go home but now that I am finally home I'm glad to be home! They just gave me 50 loratab .5 they seem to help but the pain of the tab going down is so painful so I usually take one and try to go to sleep!

It will definitely get better. I was personally happy to leave the hospital (though I'm so terrified of hospitals that I had the worst panic attack of my life the first night I was there!) and left the second morning.

I was in a morphine haze those first two days and then went home with loratab, I believe. After a few days, I was down to regular old Tylenol. Which I took for probably two weeks straight afterwards.

It took me about 3 weeks to really start feeling better, but it does! It hurt to drink Water at first. It took me an HOUR to eat a yogurt cup. Now I can eat that yogurt in 2 minutes if I had to :)

It'll get better soon!

Make sure you tell your surgeon how much pain you are in! I had the same problem and the only reference point I had was a c-section. Like you the pain I was in was 100 times worse. Turns out that my c-section scar had adhered to my abdominal wall and with the air used for surgery and the swelling afterwards, the adhesion was tearing away from my stomach (worst pain ever). They had to go in and do a second surgery to cut the adhesion. Your surgeon should do some test to ensure you don't have an infection, leak, or like me an unexpected complication.

Edited by Camella

Thanks guys. Great advice and stories. I also had 2 csections but this is WAY worse. Plus for csections they aren't in a hurry to get you out of hospotal. I feel like here late they want you out!

I was sleeved yesterday morning about 7:00 and just got home. I was in SEVERE pain when I first got out of surgery, but also had a hernia repaired. It has gotten some better, but still having some pain in center of my chest and after I drink something. Hoping this gets better soon! Much worse pain Than my c section!

I just had my drain pulled out. Which was a very odd sensation. But since then I have been able to pass gas. Which makes my stomach feel much better.

I'm wondering if it's gas I'm feeling. When i drink it hurts in my chest and I can feel it bubble Back up some. I didn't have a drain though.

Wow you didn't have a drain. That has been draining Fluid and used for the leak test. Which I passed. I just had my last heparin shot a dang thats sore. Still sore! I'm sure its all just gas in our stomach and chest. I mean they blow us up with air to do surgery.

I didn't have a drain either! Whats it used for?

hey guys :) I was also sleeved the 22nd and I was released at 9am today.. I am 21 years old and my highest weight was 307. I lost 17 lbs on my preop diet and my surgeon says my surgery went flawless. the funny part is my hair got died during the leak test and I have blue tips!! ahaha

night one was literally the worst for me.. nothing could stop the gas pain I was experiences and I began walking as soon as I got to my room. I suffered from terrible dry mouth and couldn't keep any Water down.. I literally rubbed the ice chips on my lips put them in my mouth and spit them out... I literally forgot how to pee as well.. but as soon as my body got caught up from the anestisia I peed like 8 times every hour.. I found the best way to take in Water besides the iv was the "lollipops" but honestly that night was very uncomfortable.

day 2 was a lot easier I began burping and I got to drink my first Protein shake and the nausea was pretty much non existent.. my pain from the gas was still there but walking is the most important!!! it may be terrifying to get out of bed but indepence is key! my throat was and is still killing me..

day 3: I was released at 9 am on day three I would recommend who ever is bringing you home gives you a pillow to hold to your stomach for the ride home... I felt fine until the car started going and with every turn and bump I felt so sick.. when I got home I sat in my recliner and as soon as I sat I had to pee.. it was pretty difficult to get out of the seat because of my fear of a tear or leak.. I then decided since my restless nights in the hospital a nice nap in my bed would be perfect I ended up calling my dad almost crying because my bed felt so low to the ground and I couldn't figure out how to get into bed..but little did I know that that was just the beining.. getting out of bed was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.. and my throat feels like knives every time I swallow still.. when will this all pass I am so panicy...

I was in the hospital for maybe 35 hours. I think i really needed another day. Each day I feel better.