Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh QueenBee I'm so sorry your feeling crappy as well. I totally hear ya about "everyone says it gets better". I'm just hoping it's true. My issue is, I would think the further out we get from surgery, the lesser our symptoms get...... but that is not the case for me AT ALL! my symptoms are getting worse. I don't know if I'm 100% at that point of regret, but it sure is making its way there..... and quick. I hate to be so negative, but I am reminded if the viciousness of vomiting every time I swallow. My throat is just raw and my stomach, back and rib muscles ache all the time.

I'm sorry your having this trouble. My surgery was Oct. 7 th and I know exactly how you feel. I want my stomach back. I'll go on the worst diet and P90X twice a day. This is horrible! I can only keep down ice chips and Popsicles and that's about it. Oh, and pepto Bismol watered down over ice. (Nasty) :( I'm worried I'm dehydrating because I'm not getting anything down really. I can't take a drink of anything. Even sipping hurts when I swallow it and then it comes right back up.

Hi I had my surgery back in July and though I never regretted it for a moment there are some hiccups along the way! I have had really Bad GERD for years and after surgery I really didn't have much, or so I thought! I never took anything post op and in a few weeks ago I was having a lot of pain after eatting and was vomitting after eatting!! I was thinking I had a stricture however I was advised to start taking OMeprazole! I did however I was reluctant because " my GERD" was not that bad! After taking daily for 3 weeks my symptoms have gone away and I feel great! All that being said I strongly suggest everyone take something for heart burn! Even If you feel fine!!! It is amazing how your stomach changes!

Neuro surge nurse, why are you not taking Zofran? It helped me through really rough times and no sedation, to speak of. Phenergan is so sedating so is the scopolamine patch. I would then attack my Dr as to what size he made your stomach. Why are you not able to sip simple Water. The levison is good for the cramping, but why are you having this symptom? You know Dr's some don't care unless you make them care. On the plus side you are only 10 days out and it was buyers remorse for at least that long for me. I am hoping you are going to feel better but make your surgeon take care of you. You are a nurse and we do know how to make those surgeons help those that need the help, this time it is you.

I was having the same issue and ended up in ER for dehydration my doctor gave me a sublingual zofran rx that helped me huge! Since I put pill under my tongue and didnt have to swallow it my nausea was finally controlled and I was able to keep fluids down.

I was sleeved on.10/7 and I took Emend pill the morning of my surgery and never have thrown up or been nauseated one time! I also got my gallbladder out and a hiatal hernia fixed! I swear this was a lifesaver drug! Also, my doctor gave me Reglan for nausea and Rx Prilosec to be on 4 months and Lortab as needed for pain! I'm not bragging at all but if I can help any fellow sleevers I'm glad to do so! Hope you all can get relief and start feeling better! Best of Luck!

Neuro surge nurse, why are you not taking Zofran? It helped me through really rough times and no sedation, to speak of. Phenergan is so sedating so is the scopolamine patch. I would then attack my Dr as to what size he made your stomach. Why are you not able to sip simple Water. The levison is good for the cramping, but why are you having this symptom? You know Dr's some don't care unless you make them care. On the plus side you are only 10 days out and it was buyers remorse for at least that long for me. I am hoping you are going to feel better but make your surgeon take care of you. You are a nurse and we do know how to make those surgeons help those that need the help, this time it is you.

I was never offered Zofran. The weird thing is, I don't have much nausea. I eat or drink and within a few minutes, there is no warning and up it comes. I am going to go in tomorrow to speak with my surgeon to see if I am having a stricture issue or I might need my throat stretched which is a common I hear. I was able to keep some mashed potatoes down today. So keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thank you to everyone that has posted on this topic. I knew this was going to be a hard road when I signed up for this. But I just don't think you can ever be "ready" enough. Forums like these really help and I thank you all!

Another medication what might help, if not used is Reglan. We use it a lot in the unit (NTICU) on our vent patients. It is used for nausea, GERD, and delayed gastric emptying (think tube feeds). The surgeon who did my sleeve gave it around the clock if you did or did not have any symptoms of nausea while in the hospital. I don't know how much nausea problems they have had to deal with but he sent us home with scripts for; Zofran ODT, Reglan, and Compezine suppositories with instruction to use the Reglan first then the Zofran and finally the Compezine. It's worth a suggestion. Good luck.

They gave me Zofran for nausea and I also spent an extra night in the hospital because of vomiting there, I think my problem then was more related to the pain medications then anything else. I stopped them the day of the surgery and things slowly got better. I realize you said you are not taking any pain meds so that does not apply. The vomiting was horrible though. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon

I am right there with you I am regretting my sleeve too its just horrible I was just discharged from the hospital for nausea and vomiting and I had to have my gallbladder removed and now im home and I ate a small bit of advocado now I have the foamies again I don't know what is wrong with me either but I wish I could give this sleeve right back and my life back. Everyone keeps saying it gets easier but I don't feel like it is. So I understand how you feel. I hope you feel better soon.

One of the nurses said to have some hot tea 30 minutes before and it helps eliminate the foamies

I was on so many anti nausea things in the hospital that if I was nauseated I wouldn't know. Started with a patch behind my ear that was incredibly dehydrating and then they pumped me with anti nausea the whole time and if I needed it I was given phenegran drips. Then I had zofran at home and phenegran suppositories as well. They do not want you throwing up. Please stay on them about it until you find a solution!

I can tell you I threw up for 3 days straight starting when I woke up from surgery. It was a few months till I could drink Water at all without throwing it up, and food very often just a bite of it would feel stuck, and I would throw it up. It got better. Still dont get water down well, but way way better. I think we eat too fast alot of times, but if you don think that is the case, perhaps they need to look to see if there is a blockage, or something as a result of swelling, or scarring. There is a solution, and you must fight to make them find it, because a few months down the road, you are gonna be happy you have this, when your health and body are so much better improved. My only regret now, is waiting so long to do it, and I even have had my rotator cuff torn as a result of positioning from surgery.. Still glad for the sleeve. the cuff tear..not so much :(

Sounds like dumping to me..pls mk sure everything is sugar free..

I hate my sleeve also. I was sleeved oct 3 and it's awful. I'm so thirsty and nothing helps. I'm sick more then not.