Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my goodness Pati! I can relate to you somewhat. June 2013 I tore my rotator cuff while on vacation. That is truly the worst surgery I have ever had. I am still in physical therapy for it. I can't even imagine having that on top of this surgery. I certainly know everyone is different when it comes to recovery from surgeries, but man I am sure waiting for that moment I can smile and say "I am so glad I did this". it is just miserable vomiting everyday. I don't think it's dumping syndrome because I'm not taking in hardly any sugar. I eat SUPER slow and right now I bet I'm only getting 700 calories a day and probably puking half of that up. I know this was probably the best thing I could have done for myself, but geesh, when does this end?!?!?!

10 months out and was in hospital for IV fluids just Yesterday.....it is long road with many ups and downs....take it one day at a time....some days you just don't eat, then the next day you can....drink Water as much as you can. but I understand, gotten IV fluids Many Many times over the past 9 months...................

10 months out and was in hospital for IV fluids just Yesterday.....it is long road with many ups and downs....take it one day at a time....some days you just don't eat' date=' then the next day you can....drink Water as much as you can. but I understand, gotten IV fluids Many Many times over the past 9 months...................[/quote']

Oh my goodness! I would have never thought that! I'm really trying to stay positive but it is getting very difficult when all you do is vomit. Right now I have buyers remorse bad, but I am hoping to see the greener grass.....and hopefully very soon. I'll send prayers your way. :)

Hi everyone! Wanted to update you. I am being admitted today for dehydration and a possible upper GI to have my throat stretched. This morning I was so dizzy I was running into walls. My kids sure thought it was funny, but I knew otherwise. I can't keep hardly anything down. I am really trying to stay optimistic. I know in the long run this will be so worth it. I just wanna get over these hurdles. I don't want people reading this and changing their minds about surgery because I know the end result will be added years to my life. However; 3 weeks of vomiting and dying of thirst, well,,, just plain sucks. I will keep everyone posted. I honestly don't know what I would do without my VSG family. Huggs to all!

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress. Sending prayers your way and to all others that are not having a good experience. I truly hope it gets better for everyone.

Edited by ReEstDec2013

I am right with you... Total regret here... Living hell since day one.. Just want to feel good/normal. It's hard to be positive when you never feel well. 3 months out and I thought I would be feeling better, physically/mentally and emotionally. Just want my life back.

I feel for everyone here who is still having problems. I regretted it the first month but kept hanging in there because of all the support I got here. It gets better for most people, but there are risks for every surgery and it sucks if you are the 2% or whatever the statistic is for problems. Emend is a great anti-nausea med (used for cancer patients) and Reglan helped me a lot with acid backing into my esophagus. Every body is different. Hang in there and best wishes to everyone. Let us know how things turn out.

I have not had surgery yet so I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I hope and pray it gets better for you soon.

The verdict is still out for me. I have gone throw so much and fir me the problem was a partial obstructed bowel. Here's how it went. On Sept 10 I was sleeved. When I woke up I was nauseated and this continued. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days/3 nights. Went home and 36 hours later I was in the ER. I was admitted for dehydration . Nausea continued and IV fluids were started. After another 3 days I went home. Five days after I went home I felt better and seeing the end of the tunnel began to focus on my health goals. I moved through purée phase and started soft foods. Then on the morning of 10/3 I was doubled over with pain and went to the ER I was vomiting uncontrollably, my side was in pain and Ithe nausea was relentless. The started doing tests- upper Gi CT scan, etc... I had to drink the terrible Fluid while the radiologist watched it move through. I warned him there was no way I would keep this foul tasting liquid down. He patted my shoulder and told me " it'll be better than you think. After vomiting everywhere ( including the radiologist) I consumed enough for them to discover a full bowel obstruction. My surgeon wanted to see if the stricture might open up on its own ( I have a complicated med history) so I had the ng tube inserted through the nose and down the throat to pump out my gut (Ouch), got a pic line for feeding because I couldn't hold down anything, and I was given phenegren, zofran and other drugs that eventually started to work. Finally on 10/9 I had another surgery to clear the obstruction and do a complete hernia repair. The surgery was done laparoscopically but it produced 16 new incisions ! I finally left the hospital on 10/13 yup that means I was there for 10 days + 4 + 3 for a grand total of 17 days in the hospital. I've been home for 10 days and I can say it is getting better everyday. I still need to take my nausea meds but I figure it can only get better from here. Hang in there and write down every reason why you did this. I helps keep me focused.

Belize that is one hell of an experience. I am so glad you are starting to get better. Thank you for sharing.

Hello all! Well I got 2 bags of Fluid, a shot if Thiamin, and 2 piggy backs of nausea meds. I do feel so much better. When I arrived there my BP was 131/110!!! even at my highest weight I have never ran that high, however; I know that was due to the dehydration. After 2 hours BP dropped to 139/97 then at 4 hours back to normal 127/74. My Dr doesn't want to stretch my throat at this time just yet, so he went ahead and sent me home. He did switch me to suppositories and 2 other meds for my stomach. So I'm hoping the next 24 hours will be uneventful. I am still trying to be optimistic and positive! Getting over this bump in the road will be a blessing! Thank you my VSG family! I don't know what I would do without you!!!! God Bless each one of you!!!!!

The verdict is still out for me. I have gone throw so much and fir me the problem was a partial obstructed bowel. Here's how it went. On Sept 10 I was sleeved. When I woke up I was nauseated and this continued. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days/3 nights. Went home and 36 hours later I was in the ER. I was admitted for dehydration . Nausea continued and IV fluids were started. After another 3 days I went home. Five days after I went home I felt better and seeing the end of the tunnel began to focus on my health goals. I moved through purée phase and started soft foods. Then on the morning of 10/3 I was doubled over with pain and went to the ER I was vomiting uncontrollably' date=' my side was in pain and Ithe nausea was relentless. The started doing tests- upper Gi CT scan, etc... I had to drink the terrible Fluid while the radiologist watched it move through. I warned him there was no way I would keep this foul tasting liquid down. He patted my shoulder and told me " it'll be better than you think. After vomiting everywhere ( including the radiologist) I consumed enough for them to discover a full bowel obstruction. My surgeon wanted to see if the stricture might open up on its own ( I have a complicated med history) so I had the ng tube inserted through the nose and down the throat to pump out my gut (Ouch), got a pic line for feeding because I couldn't hold down anything, and I was given phenegren, zofran and other drugs that eventually started to work. Finally on 10/9 I had another surgery to clear the obstruction and do a complete hernia repair. The surgery was done laparoscopically but it produced 16 new incisions ! I finally left the hospital on 10/13 yup that means I was there for 10 days + 4 + 3 for a grand total of 17 days in the hospital. I've been home for 10 days and I can say it is getting better everyday. I still need to take my nausea meds but I figure it can only get better from here. Hang in there and write down every reason why you did this. I helps keep me focused.[/quote']

Oh my goodness! you have had such a rough time. I will keep you in my prayers, please keep us updated on how you are doing and thanks for posting!

You need to at least TRY Prilosec or Omeprazole because it sounds like you "MIGHT" have acid reflux! My symptoms were just like yours. Try it for a few days, it takes that long to work. That's what worked for me. It might help you.

Oh my goodness! you have had such a rough time. I will keep you in my prayers' date=' please keep us updated on how you are doing and thanks for posting![/quote']

Thank you for the prayers. They are appreciated. As I said each day is better than the last . I am still nauseated but the meds keep me going. Everyday when I wake up and something hurts I remember ..... I did this to prevent my cancer from reoccurring, to give myself the best shot to beat it if it does come back... Plus all the lifestyle benefits but it is beating Cancer that keeps me hopeful all of this will work out. I think it is important that we all take a moment when things get hard to say our reasons for being sleeved out loud. I hope your reasons help you all keep fighting the fight to be healthy and fit. God bless all

Hey all! I just wanted to give you a quick update on how I'm doing. I'm doing so much better! My surg put me on Prilosec 40 twice a day and Protonix twice a day. it took a while but that did the trick. I'm doing better with eating and holding most everything down. I went for my first walk today and had some dizziness which I'm wondering if it's my potassium. calling doc tomorrow about that. thank you all so much!!!!! I truly don't know what I would have done without you!!! God Bless!