Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to board the plane... will be keeping you all posted!

Wow ... you are a brave woman. Congrats on being on the other side. I'm sure you will do great in your recovery.

When do you fly back home?

I am doing fine everythng is normal but hard.

i was very insulted to discoverythat I had A cups once underarm skin was excluded..haha. Respectable C now' date=' just what I wanted.

Plastic surgery recovery is no joke. Pain isnt a problem, it is the tight garments, the swelling, etc etc It will get better but today has been rugged.[/quote']

Yeah those binders are a pain. And laying in the same position day in and day out gets tiresome. But it's manageable.

You're a trooper and just think that all the pain will be worth it!

I'm sure you've already been warned, but whatever you do....do not allow yourself to get constipated these next 2-3 weeks. You do not want that right now. Worst pain imaginable. Sneezing and coughing is not far behind it. The ragweed is kicking my butt right now and every sneeze is like a mule kick to the belly and I'm 15 days post op.

I guess a question to ask: is it worth it? I mean both bean and Jane are considered athletic people, yet still made a decision the do the surgery with out of pocket cash. The pain. The recovery period. Both are reasons why I have leaned away from considering it. At what point does one decide to do it? Not meaning to derail anything about the decision you two made as I know both have thought through it quite deeply and for a long time. A good set of decisions, for you. Would you say the decision is highly personal and comes down to what you want out of your appearance? how you perceive yourself? How others perceive your appearance? At this point, I do not know what is the decision point that we should be considering. First off, I do not have the cash. Second, I do not feel unhappy about the way I look. Sure I have some loose skins in the stomach region, but I still like the way I look overall in the mirror. Strong. Good body composition. Athletic build. However, I can still grab an inch of loose skin around the belly button where I would like a six pack. I am secretly hoping that someday I will get a six pack from the workouts I do, but it hasn't happened so far. It should. Anyways, rambling on. Perhaps you have a more succinct way of identifying a decision point for athletic type folks. So guys - Should I find a reason to undergo the TT? Dunno.

I guess a question to ask: is it worth it? I mean both bean and Jane are considered athletic people' date=' yet still made a decision the do the surgery with out of pocket cash. The pain. The recovery period. Both are reasons why I have leaned away from considering it. At what point does one decide to do it? Not meaning to derail anything about the decision you two made as I know both have thought through it quite deeply and for a long time. A good set of decisions, for you. Would you say the decision is highly personal and comes down to what you want out of your appearance? how you perceive yourself? How others perceive your appearance? At this point, I do not know what is the decision point that we should be considering. First off, I do not have the cash. Second, I do not feel unhappy about the way I look. Sure I have some loose skins in the stomach region, but I still like the way I look overall in the mirror. Strong. Good body composition. Athletic build. However, I can grab an inch of loose skin around the belly button where I would like a six pack. I am secretly hoping that someday I will get a six pack from the workouts I do, but it hasn't happened so far. It should. Anyways, rambling on. Perhaps you have a more succinct way of identifying a decision point for athletic type folks. Should I find a reason to undergo the TT? Dunno.[/quote']

I know for me, if the extra skin interfered with life, I would consider it. Bean had enough extra skin he had to wear a compression garment to run. You are lucky to have so little extra skin. Everyone's skin is different. Mine has sprang back reasonable well, considering I'm closer to 60 than 50, but you won't catch me wearing short skirts or shorts or a bikini. And my neck has quite the gobbler.

Lynda

Also, if I were younger, I would be more concerned with appearance.

Lynda

I guess a question to ask: is it worth it? I mean both bean and Jane are considered athletic people' date=' yet still made a decision the do the surgery with out of pocket cash. The pain. The recovery period. Both are reasons why I have leaned away from considering it. At what point does one decide to do it? Not meaning to derail anything about the decision you two made as I know both have thought through it quite deeply and for a long time. A good set of decisions, for you. Would you say the decision is highly personal and comes down to what you want out of your appearance? how you perceive yourself? How others perceive your appearance? At this point, I do not know what is the decision point that we should be considering. First off, I do not have the cash. Second, I do not feel unhappy about the way I look. Sure I have some loose skins in the stomach region, but I still like the way I look overall in the mirror. Strong. Good body composition. Athletic build. However, I can still grab an inch of loose skin around the belly button where I would like a six pack. I am secretly hoping that someday I will get a six pack from the workouts I do, but it hasn't happened so far. It should. Anyways, rambling on. Perhaps you have a more succinct way of identifying a decision point for athletic type folks. So guys - Should I find a reason to undergo the TT? Dunno.[/quote']

Is your extra skin preventing you from doing something you really, really want to do? If it is, then that's a different kettle of fish. If not, why do it?

Well, I am no pup - almost 40. I do not care that much about my appearance, but it would be nice to look 100% awesome with shirt off at the pool. Now I would say it is about 80% ok. The rest of the body is no issue - arms, neck, chest, thighs - all strong and muscular. Darn stomach is the challenge; it just does not want to get muscular in appearance. However, I can feel the strong core underneath.

Is your extra skin preventing you from doing something you really' date=' really want to do? If it is, then that's a different kettle of fish. If not, why do it?[/quote']

No, does not interfere with anything except looking like atlas in a swimming suit. It is about 1 inch, maybe 1/2 inch of skin grab. Would a TT fix this? Is it worth it?

I guess a question to ask: is it worth it? I mean both bean and Jane are considered athletic people, yet still made a decision the do the surgery with out of pocket cash. The pain. The recovery period. Both are reasons why I have leaned away from considering it. At what point does one decide to do it? Not meaning to derail anything about the decision you two made as I know both have thought through it quite deeply and for a long time. A good set of decisions, for you. Would you say the decision is highly personal and comes down to what you want out of your appearance? how you perceive yourself? How others perceive your appearance? At this point, I do not know what is the decision point that we should be considering. First off, I do not have the cash. Second, I do not feel unhappy about the way I look. Sure I have some loose skins in the stomach region, but I still like the way I look overall in the mirror. Strong. Good body composition. Athletic build. However, I can still grab an inch of loose skin around the belly button where I would like a six pack. I am secretly hoping that someday I will get a six pack from the workouts I do, but it hasn't happened so far. It should. Anyways, rambling on. Perhaps you have a more succinct way of identifying a decision point for athletic type folks. So guys - Should I find a reason to undergo the TT? Dunno.

Only you can decide. It is similar to the wls decision... not for everybody.

For me I want to look normal and due to massive extra skin I didn't.

I didn't do this for anyone else- I did it for me.

No' date=' does not interfere with anything except looking like atlas in a swimming suit. It is about 1 inch, maybe 1/2 inch of skin grab. Would a TT fix this? Is it worth it?[/quote']

If that's all it is, you may be closer to atlas-hood then you give yourself credit for. It's that thing in us that constantly strives for perfection instead of focusing on progress and success, right? What does your wife think? She would know.

I am here with the help of a lifelong girlfriend. She is retired so could make the trek. Her support has been wonderful especially the emotional side.. This clinic s amazing. RUNS 1-2 nurses per patient right now so outstanding care.

My ex is caring for the farm.

Bean described well what is hard..not so much the pain but the immobility and limited acivity and the tightest garments you can visualize wearing. No tighter then that. I am continually warned about not over doing it. When you are us e to being active its painful to be stuck in a recliner.

Did the first shower today so a bit . Of an unveiling... no more tummy sitting on the bike seat, My arms no longer look like wrinkled elephant legs and I have breasts. Again. I think I am quite pleased. My friend cried when she saw the transformation. It takes awhile to see the results but looks quite promising.

No' date=' does not interfere with anything except looking like atlas in a swimming suit. It is about 1 inch, maybe 1/2 inch of skin grab. Would a TT fix this? Is it worth it?[/quote']

Fiddle, if you looked at my before pics on my TT thread, you'd see that I had more than an inch. I had 2 hand fulls. Not only did it interfere with my activities on a daily basis, as well as the way all my clothes fit, but it prevented me from seeing the results of all my hard work. I still looked and felt fat.

I didn't wanna do all that work to still feel fat forever. That to me was the deciding factor. Now when I look in the mirror the image I see reflects the hard work I continue to put into my health.

Fiddle' date=' if you looked at my before pics on my TT thread, you'd see that I had more than an inch. I had 2 hand fulls. Not only did it interfere with my activities on a daily basis, as well as the way all my clothes fit, but it prevented me from seeing the results of all my hard work. I still looked and felt fat.

I didn't wanna do all that work to still feel fat forever. That to me was the deciding factor. Now when I look in the mirror the image I see reflects the hard work I continue to put into my health.[/quote']

That's a good answer (and so are the rest above). Thanks. I feel that way sometimes about my stomach region. I hope you two recover swiftly and can be back on your feet in short order. You inspire me.