Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for vets and those sleeved longer than 6 months

Once you have reached 6 months post op did the amount of weight you lost each week go down drastically? I am guessing that I will still have about 60 pounds to lose and I was wandering what to expect. I know each person is different but I would like to know how it went for all of you. I appreciate your reply!!

I was sleeved 1 year ago today, and yes I have found it much harder to lose after the 6 month mark.....just my experience. My first 60 lbs basically fell off, but to be truthful I haven't been giving it my all, it's time to get with it and lose those last 30-40 lbs.

I was sleeved 1 year ago today, and yes I have found it much harder to lose after the 6 month mark.....just my experience. My first 60 lbs basically fell off, but to be truthful I haven't been giving it my all, it's time to get with it and lose those last 30-40 lbs.

I still have just under 2 months before my 6 months and would like to have at least 70 pounds lost by then. I would still have about 60 pounds to lose and I have been a slow loser to begin with and I honestly don't sabotage myself. It kind of freaks me out that I could end up never reaching goal. I think I am being paranoid but this whole thing is a head trip sometimes.

I can't answer for the vets further out, but I hit my 6 month 9/1. I have consistently lost 2-3 lbs a week. I have about 70 lbs more to lose before I'm content. I will also admit (keep you comments to yourself... you know who you are lol) that I have worked out a handful of times since surgery. I will also say that since my loss hasn't been so drastic all at once, that my body has adjusted quite nicely and I don't have a lot of sagging skin. I'm going to have to have my arms done but knew going into it I would. They were bad before, they really flap in the wind now haha. I've been very pleased to this point, and don't regret my decision to have the surgery at all. I am at the point where I'm not completely exhausted and drained, and plan on starting to exercise in Nov when the gym around the block opens. I think starting out with so much to lose, it really put my body into shock. For the first 4 months I would come home so exhausted I couldn't cat h my breath. Now that my Protein intake is great and I eat some carbs everyday (not many, whole grain only) it's really improved everything. By birthday is in two weeks, and losing 100 lbs is the best gift I could have ever given myself. Ok, the new SUV when I hit 50 lbs wasn't too shabby either :)

I can't answer for the vets further out, but I hit my 6 month 9/1. I have consistently lost 2-3 lbs a week. I have about 70 lbs more to lose before I'm content. I will also admit (keep you comments to yourself... you know who you are lol) that I have worked out a handful of times since surgery. I will also say that since my loss hasn't been so drastic all at once, that my body has adjusted quite nicely and I don't have a lot of sagging skin. I'm going to have to have my arms done but knew going into it I would. They were bad before, they really flap in the wind now haha. I've been very pleased to this point, and don't regret my decision to have the surgery at all. I am at the point where I'm not completely exhausted and drained, and plan on starting to exercise in Nov when the gym around the block opens. I think starting out with so much to lose, it really put my body into shock. For the first 4 months I would come home so exhausted I couldn't cat h my breath. Now that my Protein intake is great and I eat some carbs everyday (not many, whole grain only) it's really improved everything. By birthday is in two weeks, and losing 100 lbs is the best gift I could have ever given myself. Ok, the new SUV when I hit 50 lbs wasn't too shabby either :)

Thank you! I am fine if I continue to see loss even if it a little at a time. I to have some serious arm issues and have to be careful if the wind is blowing strong or I might take flight!! I need to get more serious about my exercise and see if I can pick up the weight loss. I am losing about 2 pounds a weeks but would like to make sure I have lost at least 70 pounds at the 6 month mark.

I had losses, gains, and stalls but I averaged my weight loss by the formula...pounds lost divided by days out of surgery. Almost a pound a day at first then it went down to .3 pounds a day, then .1 pounds a day. But the thing is..on the average it still was going down. It got real slow right around my goal weight. Now I am 8-10 pounds under goal weight.

I concentrated much more on exercise than I did on weight loss, turned myself into a lifelong athlete. I have quit working out now, my daily work with my nephew in the dock building business is far beyond workouts. I seldom weigh myself but I notice that my saggy skin appears to be tightening up a bit. My muscles are rock hard.

I really felt like my weight loss slowed to nothing after 6 months but now that I'm almost a year out and I compare pictures of myself from then I can see that I was still losing inches and things were shifting around. I am not to goal yet, but I'm not giving up!

I really felt like my weight loss slowed to nothing after 6 months but now that I'm almost a year out and I compare pictures of myself from then I can see that I was still losing inches and things were shifting around. I am not to goal yet, but I'm not giving up!

Thank you for answering this. Do you think you still lost a pound or so each month or did it literally come to ounces each month?

Thank you for answering this. Do you think you still lost a pound or so each month or did it literally come to ounces each month?

I guess I lost 2 - 3 lbs per month on average, but it feels agonizingly slow.

I guess I lost 2 - 3 lbs per month on average, but it feels agonizingly slow.

That is definitely slower but still encouraging. :)

I am 5 months post op and was just whining yesterday that I've only lost 6 lbs in the past month.

Better than having gained 6 pounds though!