Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is 2 weeks long enough to wait to ask for another fill?

So here i am almost 2 weeks since i got a fill and other than when i was at the top of a mountain i have had No restriction what so ever.. I can still eat what i want and how much i want. i've kept my choice as healthy as possible but i have not lost any weight with this fill in fact i put 2lbs on.. :( having experience the restriction once i now know i am not where i need to be.. i'm so ready put this tool to work. right now it's just such a struggle and hard to keep positive at the same time

I don't think it is too early to ask -- the worst that could happen is that they say wait a little longer. I let my fills fall to the bottom of my priority list for the last year and I regret it... take charge. It is your band, your health, your life! :) And don't beat yourself up for not losing, just make the best choices you can and do your best. You've got this girl!

Depends on your Dr., but every 2 weeks was my Dr.'s schedule for fill appointments.

It takes me about 2 weeks for my stomach to adjust to a fill. So for me, no. But many others do as you can see.

i would say the (i eat what i want and how much you want) could be issue

just because you can eat whatever/however much doesnt mean you should..

you need to try and eat your allotment, healthier options and exercise

to gain true weight, you must take in more calories than you burn off

are you eating over 3500 calories a day as that is a pound (ate or drank)

hang in there...it will come

I had only 3 weeks between fill 1 and 2. I was told that I'd have to wait the full month once the volume in my band was increasing as it takes time for any swelling irritation to settle. I understand your frustration and eagerness to get underway... You'll get there soon.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

So here i am almost 2 weeks since i got a fill and other than when i was at the top of a mountain i have had No restriction what so ever.. I can still eat what i want and how much i want. i've kept my choice as healthy as possible but i have not lost any weight with this fill in fact i put 2lbs on.. :( having experience the restriction once i now know i am not where i need to be.. i'm so ready put this tool to work. right now it's just such a struggle and hard to keep positive at the same time

The time to elapse between fills does vary by physician, so look into your surgeon's policy regarding this.

My surgeon will refuse to do any fills unless a minimum of 6 weeks has elapsed from the prior fill.

That policy taught me how to manage my hunger without needing to rely entirely on fills to lose weight.

ok guys it's time to be positive.. I'm going to wait the 4wks for my second fill. I'm going to trust in my Dr and his staff that they know best.. I am new to this and i need to learn patience.. 2lbs is not a huge gain..i will lose them... my prob really is I have very little self confidence.. and My MIL is coming to visit in Nov which has put me in a panic.. i know I've lost weight but i just know i'm going to have to sit through her critical stare but i'm not going through this for her i'm doing this for me :lol: But if i can't learn to control what i eat and how much - getting that restriction i yearn for might just cause more trouble than it's worth... although lately i have been at or below the recommenced daily calories so things are improving.

If your doctor will give you one, I say go for the fill. With a MIL on the way, do you really need the stress of worrying about gaining weight? And since you were at a higher elevation and felt restriction it's hard to loose it afterwards.

I know flying makes me feel more restricted, so much so that I watch what I eat the day before I fly- just liquids and then that day liquids again. On longer flights it can take 2 days for me to go back to normal.

Getting into the green zone can take a while- and with bigger cc bands it seems to take you guys a lot more fills (just what I've noticed on here).

I've been at the zero restriction point a few times- due to a slip and complete unfill and this was after years of having a band. It's not easy. As you actually do feel hungry. The only thing you can do at that point is eat healthy, exercise and avoid food at non meal times. I find crocheting and knitting keep my hands busy enough that I don't mind when everyone is snacking during prime time tv or a night time movie.

Intelirish does mil stand for monster in law..? Lol. Mothers in law are always critical.. She can't have a clue what your going through.. Its YOUR life changing experience not her's!!! Concentrate on the fact we all love you and are rooting for you all the way!!

So i called just to find out the pollicy and they moved it up by one week. i now have an appointment on the 12th rather than on the 18th :lol: Zingy..... yes MIL stands for monster in law. and your right no woman will ever be good enough for that woman's sons.. but i really did marry a mommy's boy and i guess i just have to live with it.

I go every two weeks.

The thing is, im at 7.5ccs for 2 days now and although i now feel the restriction, it never lasts long. So this is why i make my appts 2 weeks apart and no ones ever said anything to me

Its about to be thanksgiving for crying out loud. I want to EAT the Turkey, not look like one!

CTHU!!!!

I wish there was some way we all cld do these fills ourselves. Ugh!

Its really frustrating the waiting to get to a level of restriction that suits you. but its vital really, it needs to be gradual. As for doing the fills yourself..its a big problem in the uk people filing their own bands and causing problems for themselves. I don't fancy that at all..

while i like the idea of being able to control my fill.. i really don't think i could ever stick a needle that bing into my self.. it's hard enough knowing someone else is doing. it.. the dr office said every 2 wks is ok they just couldn't fit me in any sooner so i'm going to keep to that schedule until i get restriction and then slow it down. i managed to lose the 2lbs i gained so i'm back to my lowest weight so far... YEA me.. just got to keep it going.. :rolleyes:

Its really frustrating the waiting to get to a level of restriction that suits you. but its vital really, it needs to be gradual. As for doing the fills yourself..its a big problem in the uk people filing their own bands and causing problems for themselves. I don't fancy that at all..

Oh really??? What problems do they cause doing their own fills? I'm dying to know.

2 nurses in my clinic says they do their own fills at home or to each other there in the office.