Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I understand your hesitation, but please help me out.

H

H

[

Amanda, I hope you are able to get the medical care you deserve. I'm personally wary of linking to FB in any way because I'm not out there on FB with my weight loss journey. I guess in this day and age everyone is a little nervous but please know there is a lot of concern for your well being and best wishes for finding a solution.

Bandista - I'm with you on this. I have friended a couple of people from here on FB, but there is zero talk about the band, weight loss.....any of it. If there is any talk about it, it's a private message. I'm very private about this journey, and the only place I discuss anything about it, is here on LBT.

I'm confused, on all but 1 post from the original poster all I see is 1 letter of the alphabet. I have no idea what this is all about

Bandista - I'm with you on this. I have friended a couple of people from here on FB' date=' but there is zero talk about the band, weight loss.....any of it. If there is any talk about it, it's a private message. I'm very private about this journey, and the only place I discuss anything about it, is here on LBT.[/quote']

I hear you on that one. Only 3 folk in my walking life know of my intentions. And i'll be darn if i share my intent on FB! I feel homegirl is a band hater and is trying to expose us in some way. Just my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I see Mrs. Wiggins left the building......we "banded" together and ran her off!! Oh i'm killing myself laughing over here!!!

I see Mrs. Wiggins left the building......we "banded" together and ran her off!! Oh i'm killing myself laughing over here!!! Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Actually I am not a "band hater" just hope to be where you are one day. I left because I encountered many negative people. Thank you for thinking about me enough to speak my name again. This obviously wasn't the right forum for me and I respectfully ask that you refrain from talking about me anymore. It took a lot of courage on my part to even post as my husband is the only one who knows my plans.

Actually I am not a "band hater" just hope to be where you are one day. I left because I encountered many negative people. Thank you for thinking about me enough to speak my name again. This obviously wasn't the right forum for me and I respectfully ask that you refrain from talking about me anymore. It took a lot of courage on my part to even post as my husband is the only one who knows my plans.

Sorry to have offended you. Im done with this particular forum that you started. I hope you find your way to what you want .

I'm confused' date=' on all but 1 post from the original poster all I see is 1 letter of the alphabet. I have no idea what this is all about[/quote']

You would have had to have seen this early this morning to have read what she posted. She obviously edited her posts to remove the content. She was basically asking for money to pay for her surgery through some link to a Facebook video.

I absolutely was not! I asked you to like a post so that I may have a chance at winning a lap band surgery. Hence why I deleted my posts, extremely negative and untruthful people.

If that is true Amanda I say this to you, there has been several scamming post made here lately along with several scamming private messages. Due to this, your timing of asking people on here to do something way out of the norm was completely terrible for you. This is a very tight group of members but they are overly welcome of newbies. Just as they took your post with hesitation, you took their post as negative and rude. It basically boils down to lack of communication and background. I'm sorry you feel offended or ran off but that is never anyone's intent. Everyone tries to protect the interest of everybody involved here and truly wants what is best for our fellow members. If you feel you were cheated, present your case again. Present it in its entirety instead of cliff notes. You said the story was too long to tell. When it comes to this site, no story is too long. You just have to be prepared for honest opinions and feelings because that is the basis of this site.

Thank you for that, truthfully. Maybe one day I will do that. I am still working with united healthcare but was hoping for what I would consider a gift of a lifetime. Thank you for your input.

I will say this to you. I have to wonder what doctor on this earth would play with your health like that and make you get " likes" on Facebook in order to have a life changing surgery? :o We here have thought long and hard about going through this process. Some folk are still contemplating the surgery. This is a "support" site to uplift others, praise and encourage. There are people who are getting loans and tapping into savings because they don't have insurance to have this surgery. I think you should start over with your full and complete story. We would like to welcome you with open arms and definitely not make you feel like a castaway. You have to be truthful here. Some of us have not even told close friends and family members of out intentions. This is out safe haven and we don't need any unnecessary exposure to a social media other than the ones we choose. I thought United Health Care covered Bariatric? I think so, they just have different requirements and a longer waiting period. Try again. We are just leery.