Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First consultation tomorrow

That is the motivation I needed to hear! I told my husband about this site & how awesome it is! He's encouraging but sometimes its not the same.

I know it is a life changing experience and truthfully its up to us to really decide whats best for us. In the Hispanic cultural we were taught to eat with tortillas as our forks and for 44 yrs thats all ive ever known, so unless u decide to change that homemade fork to a real fork and make it work in ur favor, that alone is a huge accomplishment:).

I know it is a life changing experience and truthfully its up to us to really decide whats best for us. In the Hispanic cultural we were taught to eat with tortillas as our forks and for 44 yrs thats all ive ever known' date=' so unless u decide to change that homemade fork to a real fork and make it work in ur favor, that alone is a huge accomplishment:).[/quote']

Well said!

That is the motivation I needed to hear! I told my husband about this site & how awesome it is! He's encouraging but sometimes its not the same.

husbands and or wives are great support teams and are well needed. The thing about this site is we have all had the band or are waiting to get it. So we can help with questions that a partner can't. Sometimes the waiting game can be very long. Mine was 10 months, because of hospital take overs and my age.

I am so glad I have the band. Good luck.

husbands and or wives are great support teams and are well needed. The thing about this site is we have all had the band or are waiting to get it. So we can help with questions that a partner can't. Sometimes the waiting game can be very long. Mine was 10 months' date=' because of hospital take overs and my age.

I am so glad I have the band. Good luck.[/quote']

Exactly! My waiting period is 6 months. How's it been with the band?

Hello! I had my lap band back in June of this year and was done by doctor Wright thru True Results! My insurance asked for 3 weight ins before surgery! Started going in Feb, and lots 27lbs on my own before surgery! Last week I reached a total lost of 70lbs lost, so far im loving the results! This morning I saw my doctor and my labs look very good! He took me off the crestor for cholesterol and the metformin for diabetes its awsome! Best of luck!

Jesus how exciting!!! Well I got my self of metforin while on the liquid stage just because my sugars were going haywire but in a good way. I feel great and I even started a brief walk/run today. My goal is to do a 5k in a few weeks, so im very excited. Im 2 weeks post op this wed and to be honest I feel like it was the best decision for me.

Hey,hey,hey!!!! SA(San Antonio) in the house! I'm in San Antonio too at True Results! Call or text me at (Two-ten) 454- Thirtysix-Fifteen!

My insurance...no love there lol! So I am a stash the cash patient! Hope to have surgery some time in Jan.

I am with you Rose! I am not doing it to be skinny. I'm in my late 30's and my mother had her first heart attack in her late 40's. Getting asthma finally was the last straw. I don't understand your co-workers comment and thought she would be more understanding since she had a similar procedure. Interesting.

I know it is a life changing experience and truthfully its up to us to really decide whats best for us. In the Hispanic cultural we were taught to eat with tortillas as our forks and for 44 yrs thats all ive ever known, so unless u decide to change that homemade fork to a real fork and make it work in ur favor, that alone is a huge accomplishment:).

LOL!!! That explains everything! My weight was pretty good...until I moved to Texas! The food is so awesome here!

LOL!!! That explains everything! My weight was pretty good...until I moved to Texas! The food is so awesome here!

What part of Texas are you in

Hey' date='hey,hey!!!! SA(San Antonio) in the house! I'm in San Antonio too at True Results! Call or text me at (Two-ten) 454- Thirtysix-Fifteen!

My insurance...no love there lol! So I am a stash the cash patient! Hope to have surgery some time in Jan.

I am with you Rose! I am not doing it to be skinny. I'm in my late 30's and my mother had her first heart attack in her late 40's. Getting asthma finally was the last straw. I don't understand your co-workers comment and thought she would be more understanding since she had a similar procedure. Interesting.[/quote']

Hey!!! Love your post! I'll be 35 in March. I to see my mom struggling with her health and sadly her health is too bad for the Lapland. I'm not sure everything my insurance covers but feel blessed to have the benefits I do .... and save away girl that's pretty awesome your doing this all outta pocket! And yes I agree my "friend" should be more supportive we haven't talked since that happened and now she's coming around ... I can tell she wants to ask me if I'm gonna do it but my lips are sealed dont need that negative around me!

What part of Texas are you in

I'm in San ANtonio.

I was banded exactly one year and 2 days ago by Dr Carcamo in San Antonio through True Results. I have nothing but great things to say about both the surgeon and the staff at TR. So far I have lost around 100lbs in this year. For me I wouldn't take back my decision of getting banded because its a great tool to get your life back. I was weighing at my heaviest 270 lbs and im only 5'2. Needless to say I had no energy for anything. Im not going to lie and say its been easy but nothing is ever easy. Take the 6 mos of surgery prep and really think about why you want the surgery. I dont want to sound negative or anything but the lapband is a tool its not a get skinny quick scheme. If the tool isnt being used the right way it wont work. As long as you listen to the do's and don'ts and follow them you will be very successful. If you have any questions send me a message.

-Roxie