Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Kuri in Mexico? I am scheduled for March 20th

HI,

I have purchased air fare and paid the deposit for the lap band surgery in Mexico with the Dr. Kuri Team. I have studied this particular team for the past 2 years.

Anyone else have any experience in Mexico lap bands?

Trana

:clap2:

weight.png

i have heard good things about dr. kuri, i almost went to him , then at last minute i went to dr. huacuz. mostly cause it was cheaper to go to huacuz. but im glad i did. i think you just have to go with the gut sometimes. i had a good feeling about huacuz going in. but kuri is supposed to be experienced and i never heard anything bad about him. doctor huacuz has a brand new surgical center. he did another surgery for me there unrelated to my band. it was so nice. he is my doctor for everything now. i can call and talk to him and ask questions. he is so concerned that his patients understand and do well. he is also a funny and cool guy. everyone just loves him. his staff loves him. when you are there everyone is so happy. i like that about his staff. good luck whomever you choose. have fun down there. its fun to go and shop and i go to rosarito and ride horseback on the beach. the people are so nice. its safer there too now that they have a new president. i met some really nice guys there too, all so cute. ya babe!

Hey there,

I had my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Kuri and my experience was absolutely great. I would recommend him to anyone. Miguel picks you up at the airport and takes you right to the hospital for your pre op stuff. The hospital was beautiful. They let us go for dinner after our tests and we went to the TGIF right across the street. The hotel was also beautiful.....we didn't feel much like sitting by the pool but our room overlooked the pool so we stared at it out the window. I have absolutely no regrets about going to him. Good luck, I'm sure things will go smoothly for you. Take care.

Hi there,

I don't drink diet coke anymore because that was tied to smoking for me so I quit em both...I do have a diet root beer every now and then. People have mixed opinions on the soda thing. I definitely don't drink them like I used to. As for the hotel I can't remember the name. All of that was taken care of for us by the facilitator. It was very nice though.

:clap2: DR. KURI IS THE BEST !:clap2:

Don't give it a second thought about going to Mexico or seeing Dr.Kuri..As you probably know he is one of the best Dr's around Mexico or the USA doing Lap band!! I had my surgery 1/31/07 and had no probs. All the staff is very professional along with the Dr's....

If I had it to do all over again I would do it the same way, with only one change. I would not go to the hotel they sent us to. Palacio Azteca hotel was clean and pretty nice, but the bed was as hard as a rock we did not sleep good at all,we got about 3 hrs of sleep.:phanvan (bed is not good for people just having surgery ) So just find out what hotel it is before you go and ask for a different hotel with softer beds.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !! Oh ya try the Mexican restaurant across the street from the hospital next to TGIF it will be the best Mexican food you probably have had, and the margaritas are fantastic ( We had 2 each)and try the chocolate coffee too..:hungry:

Hello Jabell76,:P

I be glad to give Dr. Kuris info to you. :clap2:

OK here we go !:eek:

Admin. office here in the states : 1 - 800 251-6497

Dr Kuris office in Mexico : 1-888-223-4046 ( this is the one you can talk with the Dr. if he is not in surgery)

Web : belightweigh.com:clap2:

If you go there please tell them that a patient of there's(TED) gave you the info and recommended Dr. Kuri , I think you will get a bit of a discount and me to. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!:clap2:

I have also heard very good things about Dr. Kuri although in the end I chose Dr. Ortiz - also in Tijuana. I researched extensively, talked to the doctors and several patients as it appears you did. The both are very experienced. I was initially quite scared of surgery and surgery in Mexico but was pleasently surprised and i think the care and facilities far exceeded anything i've ever had in the U.S. There are some risks that are there that aren't in the states - no way of malpractice suits should something go wrong but that seemed minor when I knew of the doc's track record etc.

Good luck on your journey.

Jabell76 : you don't need a passport yet, you just need ID like your drivers licence for getting back to the US ,not for going to Mexico.

I am excited and have really checked this team out. Thanks for answering. Do you drink any diet cokes?

I can't comment on Dr. Kuri but the soda question....I used to be a diet coke addict. Since banding, even a sip of soda causes me to throw up. People are all different with tolerances but I believe that the recommendation is to avoid carbonated drinks after banding. At least this is what my doctor recommends. Good Luck!