Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Providers in the UK and Europe

Hi, i will be seeing Mr Toh on Thursday and should be having my band fitted at clare Park Hospital (BUPA) on 24th Nov, the cost here is £6,950, £1000 more than if i was to have it done in Portsmouth, so will be asking Mr Toh about having it done there as only hour down road anyway so thank you littlenan for putting the cost of your surgery up.

:faint:cripes..............just got another bill from Mr Toh for £1,000 so sorry Lisa for misleading you:embarassed:

apparently the inclusive price did not include his fee!

Hope it went o.k for you today.

I would highly recommend Dr Mignon in Belgium. You can book through

ELYZEA : The gastring banding

Consultation and fills are available in London and Manchester

Good luck!!

Chelle x

hi chelle

can ask does dr mignon do fills when you have had the band done by another doc if he does do you know what he charges

meny thanks joanne xx

:faint:cripes..............just got another bill from Mr Toh for £1,000 so sorry Lisa for misleading you:embarassed:

apparently the inclusive price did not include his fee!

Hope it went o.k for you today.

No problems LittleNan every thing is cool, decided on Clare Park in end

Main reasons

Unlimited fills in the first year

They stitch the band in place (not common practise in Belgium, (hearsay))

Should the band need replacing due too complications, Clare Park will replace it in the fist year.

Hugs Lisa

I had mine done on the NHS. Excellent!

I don't understand why so many people take the private route. My hospital was great, very, very clean, top staff, caring, supportive and understanding.

Go on, tell me why you don't use the NHS.

Hi Maincat,

You were very lucky to get your op on the NHS. The reason people are going privately is because even though you meet the NICE requirements, ie bmi of over 35 with co-morbities or bmi of over 50, - is that the funding is not there for surgery.

It's another case of postcode lottery, - I am aware of some people getting their op within a few months, - and getting plastic surgery afterwards for tummy tucks and breast lifts.

However, I have a bmi of 43 with co-morbities and have been trying to get surgery for two years. I've finally bitten the bullet and opted for private surgery in Belgium with Dr Marc Focquet.

Anji

Hi just like to say i had an op done in Prague, went thru Bodies Beautiful, Nick and Gavin sorted evrything ou for me they were great, and my armlift is sweet, where do u hav ur fills done? & do u feel ok? i need to book a surgeon soon. Liz

Hello.

Does anyone know where in Manchester banding is done?

A mum at school had her's done on the NHS, but she moved and I can't remember where it was.

It was on Oxford Road in Manchester, I think, and she told me the surgeon was lovely and very caring.

Thanks for any help.

I had mine done on the NHS. Excellent!

I don't understand why so many people take the private route. My hospital was great, very, very clean, top staff, caring, supportive and understanding.

Go on, tell me why you don't use the NHS.

I didnt get YES as an answer from the NHS. Had to fund op myself or wait untill my BMI got above 50. I would love to have gone with the NHS and spent my £8000 on something else!

Hi laney

Like you i would have loved to spend my £7000 on something else but no chance of NHS funding here either, but so glad i did, worth the debt i am in, Some people just don't know how lucky they are.

Lisa

I'm Booked To Have My Band Fitted In Dolan Park Bromsgrove, By "why Go Abroad" I Looked At Having The Surgery Done In Belgium Which Was A Lot Cheaper Than Here In The Uk, But By The Time I Took Into Account The Travel Expence, My Husband Would Need Time Off Work To Go With Me And Then The Children Would Have To Be Left And Someone Look After Them, It All Added Up But With Why Go Abroad The Whole Thing Is Costing Me Just £4950 With 1 Fill, It Only A 2 Hour Drive And I'll Be Away 1 Night. I Would Suggest Its Worth Looking Into.

Good Luck To Everyone

I had my surgery with WGA a mnth ago. wasnt bad at all at least at the moment.

hi I am thinking of having a band and going to Dr Marc. Wot the life expectancy of the band u got from him? I want one that can stay in for ever if that's possible.

julia x

Hi yana

I have got an appt with Dr chris next week for my 1st consultation. Do you mind me asking wot the life expectancy of your band is? Will it need to be replaced after a certain time? I have no idea how to go about choosing a surgeon. If you've got the the time I'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts on Dr Chris and how you've got on.

julia x

hi!

I am looking to get a lapband and am hunting around for surgeons at the moment! have you been pleased with your one? ive been looking at going to Brussels and thought i'd possibly get a consultation with Dr Mark Focquet. Do you mind me asking what the life expectancy of your band is? I's prefer to have a band that can stay in for good. one of the surgeons I've spoken to from Brussels (Chris de Bruyne) tells me the bands last from 2to 15 yrs. I thought they lasted longer than that. Just wondered what yours was?!

Kind regards

Julia x