Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Mississippi? River Oaks Transformations Program?

Anyone here from Mississippi or that have had surgery at River Oaks Hospital in Flowood, Mississippi? Just wondering about the doctors, facility, process and length of time between beginning and surgery..

Im going to Transformations. I had to do a 6 months diet plan because of my insurance (BCBSAL). Had my 6th visit 10/15/13, go bk 11/4/13 for final weigh in . I have done everything required (PCP letter, blood work, psyc eval) and waiting on an all day class I have to attend. My dietitian say my surgery should be sometime in Nov.

Hello! Great to have someone else here that is in the Transformations program. The jury is still out for me on the issue of me having met my 6 month diet plan. I am going to get my pcp records and try to have the surgeon submit them for insurance approval next week just to know where I stand. At the most I have 3 more months to go. I have my 6 months in but I had other health issues while going through and those issues kind of took precedence over the weight loss so the weight loss plan may not be documented well enough for BCBSMS. I have done my psych evaluation and will hopefully have my pcp recommendation letter next week. I have a meeting with the surgeon or his np next week as well. Wish you luck on your journey.

I noticed u have BCBSMS, thats MY insurance. When I talked with them I was told they did not cover bariatric surgery. So I used my husbands ins. What did u do? What are their qualifications? Out of pocket expenses? If u don't mind me asking.

BCBSMS required 6 months medically supervised weight loss 3 of those months consecutive, within a 2 year period, a bmi greater than 40 I believe with no Co-morbid illnesses or bmi greater than 35 with 2 illnesses. The 6 months can be obtained free through active health, your pcp or through transformations (3 months $550). I actually have 2 insurances so I was told there won't be any out of pocket expenses with regard to the actual surgery. It could be that my primary insuarance bcbsms is the state ahs network. Im not sure but my secondary insurance is Cigna.

Anyone here from Mississippi or that have had surgery at River Oaks Hospital in Flowood, Mississippi? Just wondering about the doctors, facility, process and length of time between beginning and surgery..

As you know, I'm a Transformations patient too. So far, I've genuinely enjoyed by experience with them. I had previously consulted with a local surgeon's office (all they do is lap-band) and they are not anywhere close to being a thorough and comprehensive as Transformations. I contacted Transformations because I did not want to commit to lap-band without knowing all my options and the pros and cons of each approach. After attending the first session at Transformations, I knew RNY would be best for me and my lifestyle. The thoroughness of the program alone gives me a much higher level of confidence in the team I'm permitting to enter and alter my insides. It may take longer but what's an extra few months if it's the difference between receiving the highest level of care or not. I'd really like to have surgery by the end of the year but I also understand that insurance approval, especially this late in the year, may take several attempts and/or challenges. At the end of the day, no matter what happens with insurance, I'm committed and will find a way of funding this surgery. I'm not willing to accept being morbidly obese the rest of my life, I have too much to live for and a family that I want to be around to enjoy as much as the Lord allows. I have an appointment next Thursday, October 31st to meet Dr. Adkins. I understand that after meeting the surgeon, Transformations will file the paperwork for insurance approval and once received, I will need to complete the all day education class and complete the tests across the street at River Oaks hospital (chest x-ray, EKG etc) before I'll have an actual surgery date.

I have an appointment on the 30th to meet my surgeon, Dr. Carroll. I am very excited. I have been very satisfied with my Transformation's team and even though I am excited I am very patient with the process because I believe that everything will open when its time. They have been with me every step of the way and seem to be just as concerned about my.post op well being as pre op.

I have an appointment on the 30th to meet my surgeon' date=' Dr. Carroll. I am very excited. I have been very satisfied with my Transformation's team and even though I am excited I am very patient with the process because I believe that everything will open when its time. They have been with me every step of the way and seem to be just as concerned about my.post op well being as pre op.[/quote']

Sounds like you're having the same positive experience I'm having. I hope we get to meet sometime, if not before surgery, perhaps during a support group meeting on the other side!

I look forward to it.

Hi, ladies! I'm also a patient of Transformations. I had my surgery on Aug. 5th. I've lost 60 lbs and seem to be stalling now. Dr. Erin Cummins is my surgeon. I see someone has Dr. Carroll. I've heard a lot of good things about him. I wish you all the best of luck throughout this process. You'll be on the losers' bench before you know it. Good luck! :)

I,too have Dr. Carroll. Since u have been thru it can u kind help me with a time frame. With the holidays coming up, (job purpose) I kinda need to know how long before surgery. Ive completed 6 months supervised diet, going for my final weigh on on 11/4. Ive had psych eval and blood work. Can u help and tell me what to expect next??

Rossjr, you should have a surgery date very soon if you've completed the 6 months of weight management. After I completed Active Health, everything moved very swiftly. Actually, I don't even remember them submitting my case to BCBS. The patient coordinator called me with a date to see the surgeon, a date for the class, and a surgery date all at once. Depending on your surgeon's surgery schedule, you could have your surgery date 2 weeks after seeing him. You'll need those 2 weeks for your pre-op diet. Handle all of your personal business now and enjoy your favorite foods because your life is about to change...for better. ;) I was off work for 6 weeks. Take it easy post-op. You'll be very lethargic at first, but you will get better.

Hello ladies. I have my first meeting with my surgeon or his practitioner today. Does anybody know what this visit normally entails? Just wondering what to expect.

My appointment went well, it was with the surgeon's nurse practitioner. I lost 2 pounds! They just had me sign financial, collection, and privacy agreements. There was also a brief surgeon questionaire. I was weighed and my blood pressure taken. The practitioner went over my.medical records in detail, gave me the results of my previous labs and answered my questions. She said that as long as you have met your 6 month medically supervised diet (if required), had your psych eval and have your pcp letter of recommendation for.wls, then they submit to insurance asap. She said that there is still time to get the surgery before years end. I don't think I will meet the requirements before years end but it's good to know they are helping those to get in that have. She said there are no.further appointments until approval when you would then come in and.speak with the surgeon, attend an all day class, get your surgery date and start your 2 week pre op diet. All other tests (pulmonary function, ekg, abg & chest xray) will be performed day of surgery. Recovery is 2 weeks. She said the doctor doesn't like to go beyond 2 weeks but will based on the patient, because it makes it look like there were complications. I had to pay 25 for this visit.. I was advised to.start taking 5000 units of Vitamin D and zinc. She said most people she's hair the first 3 months but it comes back quickly and the.zinc would help with this.

(sorry if you read this twice. I posted this under both threads where I asked the question earlier and wanted to share my experience)