Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Huron Lap Banders??

Any Port Huron Lap Banders on here??? We've started the process and have our meeting with Dr. Bhesania on the 15th of March. Both hubby and I are looking to have the surgery done..

I'm having surgery March 19 with Dr. Boutt.

I still have to send in all my paperwork but he doesn't think I'll run into any problems.

I live right outside of Port Huron, about 15 minutes from the hospital.

Good luck to you both!

I'm having surgery March 19 with Dr. Boutt.

I still have to send in all my paperwork but he doesn't think I'll run into any problems.

I live right outside of Port Huron, about 15 minutes from the hospital.

Good luck to you both!

Thanks!! We are 4 hours away, but feel it will be worth the drive. We are really pumped to get this done! What kind of insurance do you have??

When I talked to Dee in insurance at the hospital, she didn't seem to think there would be a problem. I sure hope she's right! They are really on the ball there and have done this 1,500+ times so I am confident they know what they are doing both with the insurance and the surgery.

I'm sorry, I have BCBS PPO, too.

My husband is a teacher/vice principal at a catholic high school.

Do you have to have the 12 month supervised diet? I'm hoping to skirt that one or make on up if need be. I just don't have it mentally anymore to diet on my own. If I did, I wouldn't need to be banded! :)

deb

Do you have to have the 12 month supervised diet? I'm hoping to skirt that one or make on up if need be. I just don't have it mentally anymore to diet on my own. If I did, I wouldn't need to be banded! :)

deb

When I asked Dee about that, she asked how long I had been seeing my PCP and I said about 20 years and she asked if we had talked about weight and I said yes, every time I saw him. She said she saw no problem with the supervised diet issue. I also have 12 months at Curves documented..

deb

Well, you won't be dieting on your own deb... you'll have the lapband backing you up. I myself have muttered MANY times "if I could make a diet work for me, I wouldn't be asking for :crySURGERY:omg: to help lose the weight. Even so they constantly told me I'd have to follow a 'diet'..... including the month before surgery when I thought I was proving I didn't need surgery in order to qualify for the surgery.:faint:

But don't kid yourself deb.... this ain't magic! You will have to follow a diet.... most of the time you will have to rely on yourself, but if you weaken, the band should give you a hand slowing down or stopping. I know how you feel..... diets are awful and diets that don't work are even worse, and we all would love to never follow another one-- :hungry:EVER! This banding can work..... but it can be beaten (easily according to the stats) so you will have to work at it. I'm not trying to convince you to not go for it..... but if you think the band will do it all, you are bound to fail, so save the money, the stress, and the risk: just skip it.

It CAN work...... if you make it work!!:clap2:

Good luck!!

I wish I could say I was going to Port Huron, they are among the most experienced in the state (them and Dr. Deol). Sadly my insurance does not pay for me to go there, and Dr, Deol charges $800 for a mandatory support group fee that is not covered by insurance.

I wish you all luck, I think it's wonderful you are getting banded at PHH! I researched them quite a bit and everything I found out was very positive.

I would double check with your insurance company about EXACTLY what there requirements are for the 12 month diet. My company requires not only 12 months PHYSICIAN supervised weight loss, but I MUST attend 80% or my visits in that 12 months, which means *10* visits in 12 months, with weights and discussion of diet/exercise at *each* visit. Your insurance company should have a complex case manager who is very familiar with this stuff. Mine is wonderful.

Best wishes!!!

Rick..

Deb was talking about the PRE op supervised diet that most insurance companies require..

Oooooooooops! :tape:

I'm a Port Huron Lapbander. I had surgery on August 3rd by Dr. Boutt! *yummy* and I love the lapband center and him. I've lost 42 pounds so far and things are going great. I am a state employee with BCBS PPO also. My insurance covered me with no issues. I did have the letter from my doctor with the 12 months of weight loss attempt history. If you need any info or advise feel free to msg me or put it on here. I love Port Huron! I live outside Lansing but it's worth the drive!

Hi there Josette...

We leave tomorrow for Port Huron and our consult with Dr. Bhesania. Hopefully we will have a surgery date when we leave the office tomorrow!!! Our doctor has turned in our letter already. We have our psych evals on the 19th and 29th. We're hoping for an April date sometime after Easter. Hubby is a pastor and we can't really have anything done before Easter.. it's too busy a time to be recovering from surgery.