Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ghosts...

~c~

Has anyone had any weird experience or experienced anything

unexplainable?

I haven't but i sooooo want to!

Ooooooh! LOVE this topic. I have nothing good to relate personally... :) When I was younger I was terrified I would meet up with a ghost, so I made a pact that I'd believe in them if they promised never to show themselves... lol

Now that I think I'm a little braver, nada, nothing, zilch... I've tried to retract my bargain, but to no avail.

I've heard so many stories it's hard to NOT believe. But as scientific as my mind is, I tend to lean towards, "If someone claims it's true/happened, I believe it's possible until proven otherwise."

:D

Please share, those of you who've had experiences!!

You may think I'm nuts......The ex-husbands Mom, who died in the house as well.

I had been dating him a few months and decided to move into his home just prior to marriage. The first time I saw her she was just a blur of a tall lady with short brunette hair down a long hallway. I thought I was nuts, apparently I described her to a T. Late at night if I got up and went pass the family room the rocking chair would be rocking. The oddest thing was one day cleaning around the house and doing laundry I kept going back and forth past the kitchen table out to the garage. There was a penny on the floor next to the kitchen table at the foot of a chair. Everytime I passed that penny It was like she was telling me to pick up the penny. Finally I picked it up starring at the chair as if she was sitting in it and I said "Are you happy now, I picked up the penny" When I told the ex-husband his jaw dropped and he told me how she always sang this song about pick up the penny, whenever there was a penny on the ground. I got used to her being around it was her house.

My sister and my mom visit me in my dreams, Its like they never died.

Ooooo!!! See, I LOVE these stories!!

Vera, that is too cool. I keep willing my Dad to come visit me, but I have only had the rare dream about him. Sometimes we have weird light spots on our digital photos around Christmas time, and I always say that's him. Sometimes I smell cigarette smoke in my house, and I always tell him "Hi." He was a heavy smoker, and no one has smoked in my house in the last 3 1/2 years since he died.

My sister and I joke that he'll never come visit, 'cause he always insisted there was nothing afterwards, and we always insisted there was, and he HATES to be wrong, so refuses to visit us now... lol

MY BF has promised to come visit me from the other side "in the least frightening way possible." lol Hopefully that is a long, long time away!

We've had weird coincidences happen, like one of the Admins here at work had bought a sympathy card for us at the time of Dad's death and collected a bunch of signatures, but had forgotten all about it and never passed it on. About 7 months later she was cleaning up her desk and came across it, and brought it to Mom. Just happened to be the day of Dad's b-day. How cool is that? :)

Ghosts?

It is so wierd that you asked this question today. I have never experienced anything unexplainable that I can remember - until this morning. When I got up, I made the bed - complete with 2 sets of pillows, 2 shams and a Teddy Bear. When I came back into the bedroom to get ready for work, the pillows (on my husband's side only) were on the floor and the covers were neatly turned back. My side was still made. My husband swears he didn't touch it and the dogs couldn't have pulled the covers back like that. I'm freaked!

Well, now.

I've had my share, all of them wonderfully eerie, and frightening.

This is my all time favorite:

The Lower Peninsula of Michigan is traversed by a well marked trail, called the Riding and Hiking Trail. It goes from East Tawas on Lake Huron to Empire on Lake Michigan.

The year I graduated two friends and I had made a pact to walk across the State on the trail, some 220 miles or so. We set out with backpacks full of food and clothes, and minimal survivalist gear.

It was a great trip for some young men, male bonding and all that. We could walk fifteen, twenty, twenty five miles in a day and we were making good time.

We were several days into the trip when we came to a sandy two track that led to the Boardman River. We had just left Kalkaska after stocking up on food there and were pretty beat. As we usually did we decided to camp just before dark.

This spot, where the Trail crossed the two tracker going down to the river seemed like a perfect camping area for the night. My friend Terry, a stocky lad of eighteen, with dark hair and ill fitting glasses, was elected to stay and set up camp while Dan and I walked the two miles to the river to fill up our Water bottles.< /p>

Dan was a tall lad, a hippie long before it was popular. He was lanky, and almost tireless in any physical trial. We each had two gallon jugs for Water, and three canteens.

It was a good plan. A two mile walk, fill the bottles, put the halizone tablets in, and two miles back. By the time we made the return trip the tablets would be all mixed in and the water would be safe for use. We had a flashlight with us as we knew darkness would fall long before we started back.

In the tall forest, where there are no lights, no homes, and no clearings made by men, darkness comes swiftly. The trees block out the dusk, and there is no diffused light from the world of humans to ease the blackness.

We were walking back from the River, canteens and water jugs banging against our backsides, and the songs of the forest night ringing in our ears. Our boots made no noise in the soft, grey forest sand that marks the Northern Michigan piney woods.

We talked, as young men do, about girls, and cars, and motorcycles. Mostly motorcycles. As we drew closer to our camp we could see the campfire Terry had made, and catch his shadow crossing it's path of light, now and then. The fire was much to large, it would keep away the creatures of the night, but we would be way too warm sleeping next to it.

Then, as we watched Terry moving to and fro, getting our supper ready we noticed something cross our path between ourselves and him. What we saw was a white light, followed a few feet behind, by a red light, moving from right to left.

Even though we heard nothing we believed an off road equipped motorcycle had crossed on the hiking trail, even though they were prohibited. But, we were camped right at the crossing, and this bike seemed to be closer than that, about half way between Terry and us, and Terry was nearly a hundred yards away.

We looked for tracks all the way back to camp, but found none. Terry had seen nothing. In the morning, after a sleepless night, when a lazy sun had finally cleared the treetops, we looked for tracks, and found nothing.

Yet we had seen the lights, they acted like a bike, and it simply rode out of our sight, making not one sound, and was unhampered by dense undergrowth.

Gave me chills then, and still can raise a hackle or two now.

ok, here goes!

Many many years ago, when I was just out of high school, I worked the midnight shift in an all night diner. There was an older gentleman who would come in a few times a month. He would sit in a booth by himself and order 2 breakfasts, one for himself, and one for the saint. When he left, 1 Breakfast was always untouched.

One time he came in late at night and ordered 2 steak dinners. The second dinner was for someone new. This time it was for satan. Again, when he left, the second meal was untouched.

The busboy, Johnny,an older guy who'd been working there for years, came up to me and asked if there was something wrong with the steak. Not wanting to get into a big explanation, I just said the guy had to leave before his friend got there. Johnny looked at me with huge eyes. He said it was the strangest thing he had ever seen. They were no where else in the restaurant, but that 2nd steak had been covered with flies! We never saw the old gentleman again.

Ohhh You guys are giving me the chills..

I love this stuff.

Ok Here is are my favorites.

When I was younger my Nana passed on and left me her favorite music box. I left it on my dresser, never touched it, just left it there. On special days, birthdays anniversaries.etc. That little old music box would start playing. It was not even scary it was soothing to know she was wathching over me.

My Daddy died when I was 14 and he comes around every now and again.

I can smell him. Like Donali said about the cig. Smell. But I smell My dads Pipe tobacco he smoked some apple cherry stuff.

My Brother hears my dad whistle some times..

Amy

Amy

My Dad smoked a cherry pipe tobacco, too! Amazing what just one whiff of that does to me!

OK, this stuff is giving me the creeps!

I have one to share, but its not about ghost, its an angel story. I certainly hope it doesnt offend anyone, Ive thought about sharing this all afternoon.

Two summers ago, Marcus, my son (6 at the time) had an accident. He had to have emergency brain surgery. After he came home from the hospital, my sister would come over every night to sleep with him (I was 5 months preg. and also had a 1yr old.... her help was greatly appreciated)

Well, about the 3rd night he was home I woke up around 12:30am and could hear them talking in his room, so I got up to "fuss". When I went in his room, my sister was sitting straight up in bed. Apparently when they were going to sleep, Marcus kept looking at his door and when sister asked him what he kept looking at, he told her that he saw his angel standing there.

He was CERTAIN it was his angel... "he has BIG black wings with gold ends, a red "night gown" with a gold belt and he just keeps looking at me smiling," is what he told us!

Later he told me that when he went into surgery, he saw 2 angels standing over him and one spoke to him and told him "Dont worry Marcus, your gonna be just fine".

I believe him!

wow you all are scaring me:phanvan

Here's mine:

I lost my Mother and Father 10 days apart from each other. I have always believed in Angels, and I jsut thought I would feel so much better if I could hear they were alright. I use to say, give me a sign. Well I walked into my bedroom one day and one of the artificial flowers form the basket of flowers (from the funeral home I kept) was laying on the bed by my pillow. Now let me tell you that the arrangement was on the dresser 3 foot from the bed. I was freaked out, but thought something must have hung on to it and it just landed on the bed. I lasughed about it and put it back in with the rest. The next day, the flower was back on my pillow. So, I thanked everyone and told them I was now at peace because I knew they were o.k. Since then, the flower has stayed where it belongs.

Betty

Ahhh Betty! I love that story! My parents are both deceased and I often feel their presence. My Mom had white hair and over the years it started falling out. She had a lot of it and I was always finding hair all over my house! At the time, it drove me nuts! Now that she's gone (since 4/01) I love it when I find one! It's usually at the time I need it the most! But gee, I'd sure like a flower on my pillow! Ha!

Paula, it's always great to have that reassurance that our kids have guardian angels! Red nightgown and black wings huh? Do you live near DeLarla?!? Just kidding! I'm glad Marcus is fine! Does he remember his angels?

My husband was horribly sad on the 6 month anniversary of his mom's death, so we went to bed early. I got up at 2 a.m. to find our sliding glass door wide open with the wind blowing the curtains inside. Our Cockatiel, Max, was gone, with just a few feathers in a trail out the door. As I walked by his empty cage crying, I got Goosebumps and heard myself say out loud, "Carol loved that bird." Max was a very mean bird that bit everyone, but my mother-in-law loved him and always held him and talked to him when she visited.

I woke up Chris crying. I didn't mention my goosebumps or feelings I had about his mom. After he searched the neighborhood, we wondered how both of us could go to sleep with our door wide open. We lived in a bad neighborhood and were overly cautious about locking up at night. We both recalled locking up that night.

Later, we took a nap together, and Chris woke up white as a ghost. He said, "I talked to my mom for the first time since she died!" He said in his dream, she acted like everything was normal. He asked how she was and she matter of factly said, "fine Honey, how are you?" He said, "Not so good, Mom, Max is gone." She said, "Oh, I know, he's here with me."

He was convinced she came and got Max. When he told me that I had goosebumps for a week. The image of the opened door, curtains flying inside the house, the words that came out of my mouth that, "Carol loved that bird" and his dream really helped Chris deal with his mom's death, and there was something comforting about losing Max. Now you know why he just bought me 4 new Cockatiels? And the one that looks like Max is just as mean and sounds exactly like our other Max. But I call him Eddie -another Max would be too weird.

I've had a lot of experiences - there's no doubt "something else" is out there.