Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ghosts...

~c~

Another thing, my Mother had crippling arthritis, and her hands were so bad, they hurt her all the time, but when she died, and we were at the funeral, we put in rose in her hands to help hide them a little, well when we went to do that her hands were so soft.

Betty

I guess I shouldn't say I'm a skeptic. I've posted several stories here that show I've experienced something, though I don't know what.

But I can't believe all the new age stuff, any more than I can believe that there isn't anything out there, greater than we are.

Try as I might, I can't believe there is no God. And I can't say that I'm not a Christian. But I know plenty of people who claim to be Christian, who do not seem to believe in anything.

I do.

I believe in magic. I believe in miracles. I look around me and I know that dreams come true. Your clothes, your shoes, the car you drive, this computer, the desk you sit at, the toothpaste you used this morning. All were once just dreams. They rattled around in the heads of their creators and they were made into reality. It's a world of miracles if you look at it that way.

My parents are deceased. Yet I feel them looking out for me, here and there.

I have lost friends. And I know they are friends still. Where ever they are.

We have all found each other, here in this nowhere land of cyber space. Is that not miraculous?

You don't have to believe in God, or Angels, as long as they believe in you. And to DeLarla, and Iluvharleys, and all you others who love the two wheeled life:

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

My guardian angels get bored riding next to me. They flap their wings yelling, "for goodness sake, get the damn thing outta 2nd already!" Soon, very soon.

Originally posted by Debra

Amy

My Dad smoked a cherry pipe tobacco, too! Amazing what just one whiff of that does to me!

I know it just sends me right back to when I was a kid and my dad sitting in his chair smoking his pipe. It is so hard for me to remember him at all, but when I smell that scent it is so easy to picture in my mind...

Amy

I've got too many of these stories, and I'm afraid you'll all think I'm well....................................... a couple of tacos short of a combo plate.

But, here goes:

When I finally moved out of my parents house I found a cute little place to rent on the other side of our small town. I filled it with what meager furniture I had and it was enough. I was single, I was young and dumb. It was wonderful.

One thing I remember about moving in was a built in dresser in the walk in closet. When I opened the top drawer I found a pair of gold post earrings. I thought nothing of it and threw them away. I then filled it with my underwear. I was smaller back then and it took more than one pair to fill a drawer. Ah me. Well, back to the story:

The next morning when I went to get my underwear out there were those earrings on top of my clothes! I threw them away again, thinking that perhaps I had meant to toss them last night, but had forgotten and just lay them in the drawer.

The next day, yes, you guessed it, they were back. I held them up and said "This is my place now, I dont' want you to store your stuff here." Then I made a big show of taking the earrings and carrying them to the kitchen to throw away.

I never found the earrings again, but, several days later I found a large and used (ugh) pair of ladies undies (the big cotton granny kind) wedged in my recliner. A couple days after that I found a pair of tube socks. Very used.

I spoke to the air again, feeling more than just a little foolish, and told the ghost that they were dead, and they had to go to God now. I'd take care of their house and all their stuff but they couldn't stay here anymore.

I never found any more items. But, every night I would go to bed and close and latch my bedroom door. In the morning it would be open. Hmmmmmm.

Later my landlady confessed that previous renters had left because the house was haunted by Mrs. Heck, who had lived there into her old age and passed away in that very bedroom I slept in.

Ms. Heck, get the HECK outta here!!!!!!!

That was a good one!

Thanks Ryan, now I feel a little more "sane" - I ALWAYS speak to the "air" whenever I get spooked or something feels weird. (hopefully thats why Ive personally never experienced anything unusual)

My in-laws up in N.C. bought a 200 yr old farm house. When they were cleaning it out, they found MANY O L D things, like the very first edition of the National Geographic mag.; just odd things like that. But the MOST interesting thing was a records book when the house was used as a store during the Civil War. (creepy, eh?)

So, since we live in Louisiana and they live in N.C., guess where we have to sleep when we go visit???? Yep, in that house!!! And EVERYTIME we go, I walk though that house yelling, "OK, were here again, so please dont let me see you, hear you, smell you, feel you."

Never had anything happen.... dont want to have anything happen. That house still gives me the creeps though!

i was going too bed one night and i always sleep with a fan on but this night it was reallly cold and so i turned the fan facing out the bedroom door .i had wrote in my diary and put on the floor rightr under my bed (it was just a paper book) and when i turned out the lights i could hear the paper flopping back and fourth and so i turned the lights on too see and the fan was turned back facing me again . but i had heard that some one died in that house so i guess he didnt like being cold either.

and then my sister s father in law died a few years before this happened . she woke up it was five mins before 8 am and she always gets up by then . well she said she was woke up by papa was hollering at her DEB GET UP GET THE BOYS OUT . he loved them boys sooooo much . and she woke and was able too get the boys out on the roof and wait for the fire department .

I love these stories!!! I always thought that I was probably just crazy thinking that I experienced things like this. You all make me feel alot better now! Here are one of my many stories:

My brother, fiance, and I were coming home one night. (I am bad about leaving the blinds open on our door ) We were all standing there unlocking the door when all three of us saw a mans figure walk across our kitchen. Of course I just freaked out and the boys ran in thinking someone was in the house. We never found anything! But a few years after that we were sitting on the deck and my fiance stood up and started staring into the kitchen window and he started freaking out saying that the man was looking back at him in the kitchen. And then at least once a week my jewelry box would be open, nothing was ever moved or taken but my mothers engagement ring was in that drawer. We have not had anything else happen since then. The only thing that I can figure is that this was right after my grandfathers death, and my parents were in the middle of the divorce when he died and they decided not to tell him and I guess this is his way of letting me know that he knew what was going on!

o.k. this incident happend about 13 years ago--

I was working in Oncology--just came on the 7pm-7am shift--was working with my best friend, Arianna.

We had a new patient--neither of us had cared for him before.

He was end-stage cancer--

We went in to assess him and turn him and make him comfortable--introduced myself and asked him if he liked to be called "william, Bill, or Will"--he was kind of out of it--he had morphine going and we turned him over to face Arianna. When we settled him back on the pillows so I could see his face, his eyes were HUGE--he had a calm, surprised expression on his face--not scared and kept saying "I'm so close! I am sooooo close! I can't believe how close I am!".....we tried to get him to tell us what was happening and I kid you not--then he died.

Ariannna and I just stood there and looked at each other for the longest time. It was as if we had been privy to something so intimate and personal with this guy and we didn't even know him ten minutes before!

We decided that night that dying isn't such a bad gig--this guy was calm, but excited at the same time. Not an ounce of fear or hesitation in his voice or facial expression. I took alot of comfort in that.

Just my two cents.

Kimberly

Kimberly,

That is so wierd that you say that because my aunt had cancer of her larynx(?) and had to have surgery. A few days after surgery she was awake and told everyone that she had a dream that God and Satan were fighting over her and that God won. That very night she had an annurism and died. It is comforting to know that she is in a better place now, and at the time of her death it helped with the mourning process that she had told us that dream.

My grandmother was ALWAYS prompt with sending cards or birthday gifts,they always arrived on the day.

My cousin received his last card from her 3 days before his birthday on the day she died.

When my parents were newly married,my mother was in the washroom getting ready for bed.She could hear my dad talking to himself and laughing.She thought he might have a few quirks she was not aware of.When she came out he FREAKED!She was confused until he told her he was CERTAIN that she had been in the dark room with him since someone was pulling on his toes and giggling!

In that same house my mother was in bed reading,my father was working nights,she claims someone jumped on the bed but no one was there.The house burned down shortly after that.(no one was home)

My parents now live on the Ottawa river in a renovated cottage.The land used to belong to a neighbors grandfather hundreds of years ago.One night my sister was sleeping in their camper in the back yard.She was there with her 2 small children.Her two year old was standing on the bed staring intently at the screen door like he could see someone and sreaming in terror!My sisiter was scared (shirtless) and started yelling for my father who was in the house.As soon as the porch lights came on the baby stopped screaming and calmed down right away.

I worked in a nursing home that used to be a phyciatric facility for deeply disturbed/violet people.I worked nights.The bells used to go off in empty rooms and we used to hear voices coming from those empty rooms as well.I quit nursing shortly after those incidences.

ok being a former Cancer nurse as well, I have many stories of patients passing away in the night.

I had this one patient, JOE (not his real name). He was young around 25 maybe. He was very sweet and kind and had a good attitude for someone dying of cancer. He had went through all the stages of dying and had come to acceptance.

His family was not so quick to reach those steps. THey were still bargaining for his life when he passed away one night.

There is certainly an air "feeling" you can become cognizant of when you work a cancer floor. You "know" when it is time or near time for someone to pass away.

My girlfriend and I were working the night Joe passed. He had been laughing and telling jokes all night. I worked the 7p to 7a shift. He calls us into the room to change his bed sheets. He said he wanted to feel the clean sheets on his skin when he went to heaven. We not only changed his sheets we gave him a full bath, shaved him, brushed his teeth, put some cologne on him, and gave him a full massage to ease his sore muscles. When this was all done, he looked at both of us and simply said in a quite tone, "Thank you both for preparing me to meet my FATHER." Then he passed away. Sorry I get chocked up every time I think of him.

Shortly after he passed away, every patient we would put in that room said they smelled his cologne every now and then. And they smell the fresh sheets and the soap used to give him a bath. They say they usually smell this when they are at their lowest point and want to give up. They said it gave them reasurrance that everything will be OK no matter if they pass or recover.

I am a true believer in Angels, the after life, reincarnation, and ghosts. The unknown is simply something that hasn't been given a name yet by the mainstream public.