Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ghosts...

~c~

this is a wonderful thread... I've read it from start to finish, and I would love to hear more stories! keep em coming!

gamy...I am also glad you found this thread. I love it.

I have had my own experiences over the yrs. I have what I call feelings. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I know something is wrong.

The 1st time my parents had went back home to Ohio to visit family and friends. I was at work but got this feeling something was wrong. I didn't get off until 11:00pm so I called the next morning just to check. Daddy had had a heart attack and was hospitalized. The next time they were once again in Ohio, I got the feeling something was wrong and a depression came over me and I started crying. I called as soon as I got home from wherever I was at.(I can't remember were I was that time,) Anyhow my mother's best friend had died at the time I started crying. This woman and her husband had always been in our lives. They had been my parents friends since my oldest brother was a few months old. (he was 10 yrs older than me).

I have had more of these feelings but not as important to me as these.

There are a lot of other things that I can tell about. But will save for another posting. Maybe this will start the ball rolling on this thread again.:thumbup:

Come on people this is a great thread!

Here is another one from me as promised,

My DD calls me at work one day just freaking out. Screaming and crying. She tells me about a phone we had sitting on the table unplugged. I had bought a new phone a few days before and I was going to give my old phone to my other DD. (The old phone was the one on the table.) Any how I would call my DD on my breaks to check on her when she wasn't in school. (She has health problems) It was about 5 min. till my break. DD say's the phone starts ringing. She figured I went on break early when phone started ringing. When she answered she had a dial tone and she still heard ringing. That's when she realized the phone on the table was ringing! She answered it. Of course it was dead because it was unplugged. She set it back down and it started to ring again. :scared2:That's when she called me all hysterical. I told her to throw the phone outside in the garbage. I came home from work early and she was still freaking out. I don't think she has ever really gotten over that one. :)

I have more. But there must be someone else out there that has had their own experiences. Come on and share.

Well gamyj I guess this thread is going to die8_1_35.gif. No one but you and me are interested in it. 8_1_1v.gif

nope g4e, i'll join.

need to go and read the whole thread - but i do believe in ghosts & spirits from those who have past still present in every day lives.

my mom is such an interesting character - she goes to savanah, ga 3/4 times a yr to see her psychic (she's in fl).... calls me constantly w/inane caution about ANYTHING & is a frequenter of grave yards in every city she does travel to.

i'll add my experience after reading some of the others who have contributed.

I have had many experiences. The house we currently live in is haunted. I have been awakened several times to see a ghost standing at the foot of my bed, or beside my bed, or in the doorway of my bedroom. The very first time it happened, about three years ago, I woke up and saw what I thought was my teenaged daughter at the foot of my bed. I asked her what she wanted and when she didn't answer, I raised my voice and again asked what she needed, this time getting annoyed. My husband woke up and looked at her and said to me "Melissa, that is not Kalyn!" I reached over with a shaking hand and turned on my reading lamp, and it was gone. I covered my head with the blanket and started praying!!! Eventually fell back asleep. Similar things have happened many times, but my husband won't look any more!!! He said one time he could feel them there and he didn't want to look again. There have been many different ones, young and old, male and female. None look familiar. I don't know who they are. We have also seen a blue glob of light in the hallway get smaller until it went out, a cloud of blur move from one room to another, and a loud clear voice once said "Hellloooo!" from the hallway when I was running to answer the doorbell. We bought this house nearly eleven years ago, so it's strange that it just so recently started having this activity. This has been my first experience with ghosts, but I had two premonitions in two days when I was nineteen that both came true. I will tell you about that some other time.:thumbup:

Edited by lose2regainme

My mother has this uncanny ability to find four leaf clovers. She used to pick bouquets of them!!!! Once when I was little, I asked her how she did it. She told me that her grandfather could do it, and told her that when he died, she would be able to do it. She giggled and didn't believe him. Fast forward nearly twenty years. Her grandfather died in August of that year, and a few weeks later she was out working in the yard planting bulbs and spreading mulch, etc. She looks down and there's a four leaf clover! So, she of course thinks of her grandfather and the story he told her so many years before, and starts searching around and found several! Ever since, she has been able to find them easily. She says when she looks down at the ground, it's as if the four leaf clovers are taller and just a little brighter than the grass and other clovers around them. Cool, huh?

I started reading this thread because of the ghost stories, and by the end I have been thinking a lot about these stories of people who are visited by loved ones. My Father recently passed away, and I keep hoping that I will get to speak with him, in a dream or not.

On another note, I absolutely LOVE ghost stories, so I am making this an official BUMP in hopes that more people will have stories to share!

Interesting about the 4-leaf clover! My grandmother had that ability, too. I was always so jealous. No matter where she was, she find one.

My aunts on my mom's side have several stories about waking up and seeing members as they passed, or right after. My mom has asked for signs and received them.

For me, I also have a Ouji board experience.

My friend in 7th grade got one for "fun" and went into her basement to do it (fully furnished, non-creepy basement) and we lit the fireplace, put a circle of candles around us and had fun. At first we were moving the marker, and have a silly time asking about crushes and grades and stupid stuff.

Then, we asked more serious questions, and we both got a weird chilly feeling. We swore neither was moving the marker, asking questions about death...if there was someone in the room, etc. The marker would spell out things, or go to dates....I asked if Satan was in the room and it went to yes almost immediately, the flames in the fireplace turned blue, then went out, and so did EVERY SINGLE CANDLE we'd put in our circle. We let go of the board, and ran upstairs.

I accused her of moving it, and she accused me - we were scared out of our minds and never touched it again. To this day she thinks I moved it and I know I didn't...but even so, we can't explain the fires.

Funny that this thread got bumped. on the 28th of Aug, we're going to stay in San Antonio at the Emily Morgan - which is supposedly haunted! :biggrin: I'll let ya'll know if I have anything freaky happen!

I have a couple of stories. The first happened to my mom and her sister when they were young. Their dad died in their house when he was 36. Later that year, my mom and her sister were in bed and heard "shave and a haircut" being knocked on the wall. They would respond with the last two knocks. They thought it was their grandpa who was in the adjoining bedroom playing with them. They wanted to catch him, so my aunt stood at his bedroom doorway. The playing/knocking continued, but he was sound asleep. They instantly thought it was their daddy and felt at peace thinking he was watching over them.

Next story happened to me and my brothers personally and isn't positive. When I was 7, I lived in Lake Charles. One day my cousin (7), my brother (6) and I were bouncing a basketball in our backyard. My cousin and I looked up and saw a tall man, dressed in black with a black cape and hat standing behind my brother. We yelled and ran inside. We yelled for my brother to get inside away from the man. He turned around and the man vanished. My cousin and I are 41, and to this day, he REFUSES to speak about it.

Ten years later, my family moved to Baton Rouge which is 2 1/2 hours away. My mom had my youngest brother. One day when he was 6 he and his friend ran screaming into the kitchen. My mom said they look terrified and she asked what happened. They said there was a man, dressed in black with a cape and a hat in his room watching them and then he disappeared. It freaked my mom out because she knew about the previous episode with me and my other brother. We called this "man" the Hamburgler, because the outfit reminded us of the McDonald character. Remember, we were 6 and 7 when it happened to us.

Years later, when the youngest brother was 25, he was helping to remodel my parents' kitchen. When they bought the house it was 5 years old and they had been living in it for 20 years, so it was time. Early in the day, they removed the formica, exposing a plywood top. My brother was sitting on it putting the tile down. When he got down he looked at the counter and saw a crude, child-like drawing of the "hamburgler". It freaked him out. He went and got my mom and my dad's polaroid camera. He began to try to take pictures of it. It took 6 pics before one would come out. The first pics had a creepy black and gray smoke where the picture/drawing should be. To this day, we can't figure how the drawing came to be there.

ooohhh... that gave me goosebumps, especially the part about the smoke instead of the drawing in the picture! I would like to propose a rating system for stories. 1 ghost to 10. I am rating this one 8 ghosts!!!