Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ghosts...

~c~

hey guys i love paranormal stories too! in fact,my family has had such experiences and are all intrigued to the point ,my sister has a production company "in lieu of flowers" look it up on the web! we make movies based on all tales and research from family and friends! anyway let me tell you another one! in 1994 my older sister's husband committed suicide in the garage.myself and my son,(2 at the time) and also my other sis moved into her house with her as she couldn't work grief stricken and was unable to make her house payments. over the next few months my widowed sis insisted she would see him. one day my little boy came to ask me why is his uncle downstairs. i was creeped out and asked him questions. he was confused by this and said" mommy you said uncle was in heaven, no he isn't! then later in the following weeks, my widowed sis started drinking alot and hanging out at bars. bringing home a guy one night. my sister and i confronted widowed sis that this wasn't the right way for her to grieve. it was x-mas time and we had a tree set up behind us. as we were arguing about this my one sis says that brother-in-law would roll over in his grave. right then a x-mas bulb off the tree in the center was PITCHED out of the tree and hit my sis and then slowly rolled away from her, down a flight of stairs,to the landing and suddenly stopped on a dime! a glass bulb that did not break on hard wood floors! we all knew that it was him. unfinished business. we didn't say a word to one another. we didn't talk about what had happened. a couple of years later me and my sister (the one who was trying to set my grieveing sister straight) talked about it, but we have never mentioned it to my widowed sis. lisa6

WOW! He really wanted to get his message across!

that this thread got bumped. on the 28th of Aug, we're going to stay in San Antonio at the Emily Morgan - which is supposedly haunted! :scared2: I'll let ya'll know if I have anything freaky happen!

yes let us know Glou!

I know some people will think i'm weird, but I will NOT mess with Ouija boards. I truly and honestly believe they open up portals that should NOT be messed with!

Yes they are. My grandmother on my mother's side used to drag mom to seances (sp) when she was little. The 1 time my brother and sister and some friends messed with one (I was watching. I was 6). Sam (the friend) asked when he would die. It said when he turned 16 he would be killed. They put the board up after that. (it was Sam's) he was going to be 16 in a few weeks. When he was 16 a drunk driver hit him. he was on his motorcycle at a stop sign. The drunk swerved across the road and hit Sam. threw him 30 ft into the air and over on the other road and down a ravine. his brother seen it all. Anyway my mother had a fit when she found out that there had been a Ouija board in the house and was used! We never told her what the last question was that was asked. We just told her things like who they would marry. That kind of things.

N

As for animals, I believe that cats and dogs can be 'tuned into' another dimension or parallel universe or something. I've owned MANY cats and dogs, and many have an eerie characteristic of sometimes staring at nothing that I can see. Cats are particularly 'attuned'; I have observed one or two of my cats not only starting at nothing, but apparently also responding to something invisible to me.

This is true. I know things are in my house. Even though I built this house.But it is kinda funny when my big male cat for no reason will start hissing at nothing that I can see. There are a lot of pics with orbs in them. No it is not from the flash of the camera or lights. I used different cameras. perfume smells, all the grandkids had angels they talked to. My 3 yr.old DGD told me 1 day she was talking to an angel! It comforts me. I have had several experiences personally. I have written about my "feelings".

I will tell other things later.

Edited by gone 4 ever

My sister is someone who can see and feel things really well. She has a guardian angel who sometimes sits at her kitchen table and has helped her in dire situations. For example, my sis was just out of college and on her way to a job interview. She was running an errand and when she went back to her car it wouldn't start. She tried for a few minutes and was beginning to get upset because she was going to be late for the interview. No one was around and all of a sudden this little Indian woman was at her window and leaned over and said "put your foot on the gas and turn the key". It started. And my sis got the job.

The other thing she told me was that when her daughter was a baby (about 5 months old) she would wake up every night around the same time and scream. A couple of times sis woke up right before and felt something next to her bed. One night she woke up and reached out and felt a space of freezing cold air. it moved and she felt the end of her bed go down like someone was sitting on it and her husband was in the bed right next to her! Then it left the bed and woke up the baby again! The next time it happened she felt the cold air again and yelled at it to "leave my baby alone! we can't to anything for you, get out of our house!" and suddenly the two shelves in her closet fell to the floor. She and her hubby can tell this story and it gives you chills! But her baby didn't wake up screaming anymore either...

And the last story she told me was that when she was in college she would wake up in the middle of the night and all her closet lights would be on and she could see someone standing in the corner. she would get up to turn the lights in the main room on and the lights in the closet would go off and the person would be gone...She had her own room in an apartment, and when she would go to bed obviously all the lights were off...

Her stories scared me for so long, I would get scared just laying in bed. I didn't get over it for a couple years. I was just afraid that I had the same "gift" she had and didn't know it yet...I do NOT want to see any spirits or ghosts!

New, that is a great story. I very often feel someone sit on the bed and then no one is there. It was kind of unnerving when it first happened, but now it doesn't really bother me.

I love this thread! So I will add to it.

When I was 6 years old, my great-grandma passed away. That night when I was in bed, I woke up and she was sitting in the rocking chair at the end of my bed. She was just rocking and watching me and she told me that everything would be alright. The next morning I asked my mom where grandma was and she told me that she died last night.

This was the most vivid experience I have had.

Bump! GhostHunters come on in a few minutes and it made me think of this thread. Anyone have any stories?

Didn't see any ghosts at the Emily Morgan...

But I will say this: That place is creepy. Whether it's the thin walls/windows, or the layout - there is a creepiness there.

And, it doesn't help that the elevator has a sing-song voice activated that will say, "9th floor", "going down", "lobby"...sounds almost faint and child like. They need a stronger voice and maybe it wouldn't be sooo....weird.

DD did sleep with her light on the whole time, though, so many we scared the ghosts away? lol

**BUMP**

It's Halloween! Someone must have something to add.

Okay - Here goes..... I have always had experiences at night when I sleep. I wake up and find people stading over or next to me. Mostly they vanish after I blink a few times and I think it is just my eye's adjusting to the dark. Once,about 15 years back, I woke to find a girl about the age of 7y/o standing next to my bed. I blinked my eyes a few times and she did not disappear. Finally, I sat straight up in bed and she slowly vanished. She resembled me as a child. I just knew it was a child I had lost at birth years previous. Since then, I pay better attention to those standing next to me or hovering over me.

I also recently moved to St. Augustine FL and had always heard about it being a "haunted" city. My husband, children and I were out exploring and driving around one day when we decided to drive past the Lighthouse. We did not stop just did a drive by. As we went past I noticed a couple of kids sitting in the HUGE oak trees in front of the LightHouse. I just figured they were out there playing and did not even think it worth mentioning. A week or so later I was cooking supper and my husband was wathcing an on-demand program that was talking about St. Augustine. They got to talking about the lighthouse and then talked about how sometimes people have reported seeing the children that were killed on the property SITTING and playing IN THE TREES! I had always heard about the Lighthouse being haunted but had NEVER heard anything about kids in the trees!