Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else noticing their weight loss slowing down? I use to average a loss of about 4lbs a week and now I'm at 2lbs. I know it's still good that I'm losing, but it makes me feel like I've done something wrong. I continue to exercise, I upped my calories and Protein since that has helped when I stalled in the past, but it is frustrating. It makes me scared that I will be done losing soon and I still have 98lbs to go before I'm at my goal weight. Any suggestions?

i believe the closer we get to our goal weight,the slower the pounds shed, at least that's what I noticed when reading other post of people 12 months out. Keep doing what you're doing it'll come off, we're doing good to be 5 months out.

Hi Junies! Miss you all! Just have some not-so-fun news to share... So goes the saga of what gastric bypass does to the body and on Monday I have to go in to get my gallbladder removed. I have a lot of stones, have been very sick, and in a lot of pain... I'm really down. My fiancé and I always go up to his family's place for thanksgiving and the week after, but now I won't be able to join him due to not having enough pto. This will be my 3rd abdominal surgery this year. I'm just really sad... Sorry to be a Debbie downer. I feel like it's always 3 steps forward and 5 back...

Hi Junies! Miss you all! Just have some not-so-fun news to share... So goes the saga of what gastric bypass does to the body and on Monday I have to go in to get my gallbladder removed. I have a lot of stones, have been very sick, and in a lot of pain... I'm really down. My fiancé and I always go up to his family's place for thanksgiving and the week after, but now I won't be able to join him due to not having enough pto. This will be my 3rd abdominal surgery this year. I'm just really sad... Sorry to be a Debbie downer. I feel like it's always 3 steps forward and 5 back...

So sorry wifey. I hope you have a very quick recovery! HUGS

Is anyone else noticing their weight loss slowing down? I use to average a loss of about 4lbs a week and now I'm at 2lbs. I know it's still good that I'm losing, but it makes me feel like I've done something wrong. I continue to exercise, I upped my calories and Protein since that has helped when I stalled in the past, but it is frustrating. It makes me scared that I will be done losing soon and I still have 98lbs to go before I'm at my goal weight.

Any suggestions?

just stay focused and push past this my doc surg says this happens with every RNY patient just keep on keepin on ...

Hi Junies! Miss you all! Just have some not-so-fun news to share... So goes the saga of what gastric bypass does to the body and on Monday I have to go in to get my gallbladder removed. I have a lot of stones, have been very sick, and in a lot of pain... I'm really down. My fiancé and I always go up to his family's place for thanksgiving and the week after, but now I won't be able to join him due to not having enough pto. This will be my 3rd abdominal surgery this year. I'm just really sad... Sorry to be a Debbie downer. I feel like it's always 3 steps forward and 5 BA

Sorry to hear this, Keep us up to date on your progress.you will feeeel better shortly . Just think what 2014 will bring :-)

This may be TMI but anyone still having problems with diarrhea? No matter what I eat or drink I'm going a few times a day. And by going I mean GOING. Ugh.

Sorry to hear about your complications. Hubby and I had the surgery a month apart - I had no complications but he has had lots of ups and downs. At one point he was at home stuck to an IV for weeks. Stay strong you will get through this and the best is yet to come. Hope you are feeling well very soon.

I don't have the app working on my phone yet :(

Went shopping today…. Went in wearing a size 18 jean came out wearing a size 12 pants from one store and a size 14 jean from american eagle… holy cow! I'm in shock!

I had a similar expereince this week while shopping - can't beleive I'm in a 14 from a 22. Blows my mind. Congrats on your success!

Hi all, I mostly surf and am thankful for all of your words of wisdom. I had my surgery 6/25 and am down 62 lbs. I am losing very slowly but I am greatful that I am now wearing a size 16/18 and feal great. Lately, I am having trouble eating later in the day. I am just not hungry at dinner or later. I take a few bites and am done. In the morning and lunch I do fine. Has any one else experienced this?

scale dropped down today :) 70lbs since surgery! 80 since January!

Congrats Kristi!

CONGRATULATIONS!! It is really an awesome feeling!! It makes all the hard work worth it! Keep on keeping on!

Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations

Hang in there RJ!! We're with you!! I went shopping yesterday and kept trying for the wrong size because have no idea what my size looks like. UGH! We CAN DOO THIIIIIIS!

Thanks Rhyszell,

Im not as freaked out like I was that day anymore . I reflected on how much progress ive made and im 1000% better than i was this time last year ... so life is awesome again :-)

Hello All! I had surgery 6/18. Surgery weight was 265. Current weight is 191. Goal weight is 140. Still have a long way to go, but loving the lose so far. It's been a tough ride. I realize it's nothing compared to others, but I'm ready to just feel normal. I had a hernia repair and gallbladder removal along with my rny. My gallbladder site got infected. Two more one day stays in the hospital before that got taken care of. Then about 6-8 weeks ago, I really started struggling with constipation/impaction. I'd take M of M and be fine for a few days. Then, I'd be impacted and sick again. With the impaction came nausea and often vomiting. Knew I had a hernia (still not sure if it's the same one repaired), but they wanted to hold off on repairing it. They weren't convinced it was the source if my impaction problem. Last week, I headed to the ER with nausea and a hernia that looked suddenly much more pronounced. They did a CT scan and scheduled surgery for the next day. Surgery went pretty well. Had no idea I'd have 5 incision sites! All are laparoscopic except the one where the actual hernia was. That's a 2 inch incision. They removed a baseball sized clump of fat and put my bowel back where it should be. Hoping this does the trick!!! Still a bit constipated, but nothing major yet. Head back to the doctor today to get my drain removed. That should help me feel better. On stool softeners, Miralax, and Probiotics. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I want my energy back. I'm a 2nd grade teacher and believe me, I need energy!!