Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I totally agree we have to find what works for each of us.

I wish I had more discipline to be as strict as you, RJ. I sometimes (only briefly) think if I had done this or that or NOT done this or that, then I would be so much further on this journey. Then, I wake up and realize this is a marathon and not a sprint. It may take me a little longer to lose all my weight, but each day that I go forward I am making myself a little healthier. The struggle for me has been to not compare myself with others and how much they have lost. It's been a daily thing to figure out how to get past that comparison thing. I have decided after lots of soul searching that I am loving this new me. The one who is enjoying walking and even jogging! (This is such a total shock to me!) I have always said "if I am running then someone really big is chasing me!" I love not being winded after a flight of stairs. I love not asking my boys to go and get something for me because I'm too exhausted to go up those stairs one more time.

I completed another 5k yesterday and I shaved 12 minutes off my time! I was in tears as I crossed the finish line! Unbelievable! My sweet husband bought me a new bike yesterday so that I can start training for that triathlon I want to accomplish.

Okay, I am going to stop rambling now. Thank you, my new friends for walking through this journey with me over the last 11 months! Many days you are all the wind beneath my wings!!!

Have a blessed day!

I totally agree we have to find what works for each of us.

I wish I had more discipline to be as strict as you, RJ. I sometimes (only briefly) think if I had done this or that or NOT done this or that, then I would be so much further on this journey. Then, I wake up and realize this is a marathon and not a sprint. It may take me a little longer to lose all my weight, but each day that I go forward I am making myself a little healthier. The struggle for me has been to not compare myself with others and how much they have lost. It's been a daily thing to figure out how to get past that comparison thing. I have decided after lots of soul searching that I am loving this new me. The one who is enjoying walking and even jogging! (This is such a total shock to me!) I have always said "if I am running then someone really big is chasing me!" I love not being winded after a flight of stairs. I love not asking my boys to go and get something for me because I'm too exhausted to go up those stairs one more time.

I completed another 5k yesterday and I shaved 12 minutes off my time! I was in tears as I crossed the finish line! Unbelievable! My sweet husband bought me a new bike yesterday so that I can start training for that triathlon I want to accomplish.

Okay, I am going to stop rambling now. Thank you, my new friends for walking through this journey with me over the last 11 months! Many days you are all the wind beneath my wings!!!

Have a blessed day!

You shaved 12 minutes?? Wow that is incredible!!! What an accomplishment to be proud of! :)

Hi Mel,

12 MINUTES!!! That's amazing!! At this rate you will be doing Boston next year! You are a runner! I bet you wouldn't have said that a year ago! Keep up the great work.

Carol

Hi Mel, 12 MINUTES!!! That's amazing!! At this rate you will be doing Boston next year! You are a runner! I bet you wouldn't have said that a year ago! Keep up the great work. Carol

Never would I have said that last year!

Thinking about half marathon at Disney next year? Who's going to join me?

I'm heading to pick up my new Sprint-Tri bike in an hour!!! So excited! It's time to start training for that triathlon!

I'm heading to pick up my new Sprint-Tri bike in an hour!!! So excited! It's time to start training for that triathlon!

Mel you are inspiring me! I may have to try a 5k soon.

Make sure you get the glitter streamers for the handle bars ☺ let me know how you like the bike.

i love mine i ride it like a 10 years old....love my bike :-)

Mel you are inspiring me! I may have to try a 5k soon.

You can do it! I am amazed at how on the day of 5k I am energized by those around me. Training is not the greatest fun, but it's worth it for the feeling of crossing that finish line!

I got my bike. We rode for 6 miles tonight. Hoping my butt starts liking it as much as I do. It totally makes a difference in the ride if you get a bike that is sized for you and not one from a target or Walmart. I didn't really believe that until I rode the new one.

Mel, a suggestion i strongly recommend a comfy seat for the bike. i purchaseed a C9 cloud gel filled seat off of Amazon paid approx 25 for it and my backside has been very happy with the upgrade. its a huge improvement over the nazi researched and inspired european hiney torture device mine came equipped with..... ill send you the link

Mel, a suggestion i strongly recommend a comfy seat for the bike. i purchaseed a C9 cloud gel filled seat off of Amazon paid approx 25 for it and my backside has been very happy with the upgrade. its a huge improvement over the nazi researched and inspired european hiney torture device mine came equipped with..... ill send you the link

Thanks for the advice. The guy at the bike store said we should give it 30 days before spending more money. Do you think it will get better after 30 days? My husband is not in pain at all this morning. I would love the link.

Rmel3620@hotmail.com

Thanks for the advice. The guy at the bike store said we should give it 30 days before spending more money. Do you think it will get better after 30 days? My husband is not in pain at all this morning. I would love the link.

Rmel3620@hotmail.com

i think for the miminal outlay of capital your rear ends happiness comes first. i look at it this way if bm rear hurts every time i ride for 30 days the odds of just pitching the bike thing increases. i ride every weekend and it has changed the overall experience for me. but this works for me. i know this bike is for the triathelon but will you be using it for pleasure rides or serious sweat making workouts? i use mine for trail rides and getting about town...... lets put it this way NO WAY am i putting on lycra

Edited by Weight Warrior

i think for the miminal outlay of capital your rear ends happiness comes first. i look at it this way if bm rear hurts every time i ride for 30 days the odds of just pitching the bike thing increases. i ride every weekend and it has changed the overall experience for me. but this works for me. i know this bike is for the triathelon but will you be using it for pleasure rides or serious sweat making workouts? i use mine for trail rides and getting about town...... lets put it this way NO WAY am i putting on lycra

oh and im glad your hubbys rear is ok hows yours you have less padding now :-) sent you the link....have a great day skinny

Haha!

I did put on Lycra and that was somewhat helpful. I rode on the greenway yesterday for "fun" so I guess it will also be for pleasure rides. I may try it without the new bike seat for a week or so because we laid down quite a bit for the bikes, helmets and a bike rack.

I am keeping your seat in my cart on Amazon. :)

oh and im glad your hubbys rear is ok hows yours you have less padding now :-) sent you the link....have a great day skinny

Do you know you just made my day!!!! Skinny is something I haven't been called since I was 5!

The guy at the bike store was talking about bike size and he said, "I think you need a small" I wanted to grab him and hug him!!! I restrained myself, but I did tell him I loved him. Lol