Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my bypass on June 24. I was cleared today for puréed foods which thrills me. I'm brand new to this site so any guidance is welcome. Hope you all are doing well.

Yesterday was my first day on pureed and I started off with cottage cheese and tonight I tried egg salad with light mayo. It seems to have gone down well!

Surgery: 6/26/13 HW 370 SW 320 CW 314

Just spent the last two days in the Hospital BC my husband had an accident with a handgun misfiring and shot himself in the leg shattering his tibia... I think I was pushing myself a little harder than I should have been before this happened and now I am trying to take care of me and now him as well.

I am so emotional and exhausted right now I have cried and cried. I had all my surgery planned out and this happens and I just don't feel strong enough. Ugh. Sorry to vent. I am just having a huge pity party right here....

I am thankful though that all he has is a hole in his leg and a broken bone. The situation could have been SO SO much worse... And I am thankful and terrified he came home today. I can sleep in my own bed and not that awful hospital pullout...

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Try to focus on the blessings (sounds as if your husband should be fine with time) and not dwell on the challenges. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - REMEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOU FIRST!

Hi I'm 27 had surgery the 24th of June so I'm 12 days out now ... Starting puréed foods Monday can't wait!!

I've been getting my liquids in and walking I didn't 2 miles the other day just trying to keep moving... I hit my energy back and my legs no longer hurt when I walk any more which is awesome !!!!

Start weight : 275

Surgery weight : 258

9 days post op wii fitness weigh in: 240

July 5th post op weigh in on the wii: 236

I'm stoked just gotta keep on moving.... I know I'm not getting enough Protein if anyone has pointers on getting protein in please help ... I'm not a big fan of the powder? !?!?

post-35718-13813812460612_thumb.jpg

post-35718-13813812461095_thumb.jpg

Top photo taken 9 days post op I see it in my face a little bit, the bottom two were taken before surgery!!! :)

Spent the afternoon at Mall of America! Was able to walk for HOURS! Felt so good to not have to sit out because my knees were bothering me. Just wanted to share a great day!

Excellent new its an amazing feeling. on my walk yesterday i had the urge ( and head energy to break into a light jog. decided not to push it yet ...

Congrats Bacon! keep up the awesome work

RJ

I was sent home with these requirements:

2 - 8 oz Protein Shakes per day

32 oz Clear Liquids

3 - 1/4-1/2c meals a day of pudding, yogurt, or blenderized "chunky" Soup

It is a lot. I haven't managed to get all of it in any day yet. I get the Protein all in some days, or I get the liquids... But never all 3 meals yet. And I am SO SO tired of protein shakes. Whoever thought drinking them for 5 weeks straight 2-3 times a day should be water-boarded....

I totally agree! Drinking protein shakes is miserable. I never want another one as long as I live!

Mileand a half everyday. I'm going to bump it up to two miles after the weekend. And every other day I do a little bit of weight lifting.

2 weeks post op

And I walk mostly 15/20 minutes on treadmill

In a brisk speed..

So I'm two weeks out as of tomorrow' date=' I'm down 17 pounds but I am not getting nearly enough food, or liquids. How did y'all push yourself further to reach recommended amounts[/quote']

I'm 2 weeks post op myself and also 17 lbs down. I' am back in the

Hospital BC I had a smashed hard boiled egg which severely irritated and inflamed my intestine:( dr said too soon for eggs. Back to square one with liquids only. Hopefully I get to go home today. Been here since the 4th.. I hate eggs!

I keep hearing everyone say getting their staples out?? I didn't have staples? Where r they?! Lol and I agree on muscle milk. Ick!

Laparoscopy holes. Plus drainage hole. 6 holes on stomach . I had about 40 staples.and 7 stitches.

Thanks Cristiblu! It turns out its an allergic reaction to some topical items they used for surgery...they think...so I'm still itching & it's spreading...start steroids tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

That sucks. Hope you are itch free by now❤

That really sucks. Sorry to hear your in the hospital again' date=' especially on a holiday. But good luck, hope this fixes the problem.[/quote']

Yup I'm back in hospital as well. Got here 4th of July all for eating a stupid egg. I mashed it and added a lil skim milk and chewed 30 times but it still managed to irritate and severely inflame my intestine. This sucks!!!! Hope ur feeling better.

Laparoscopy holes. Plus drainage hole. 6 holes on stomach . I had about 40 staples.and 7 stitches.

Yea I had same thing! 6 holes with the drain tube... But no staples.... Just some terry strips which half of em fell of before my 2 wk appt anyway! And 3 stitches where the big incision was.... And that's it! So happy no staples for me !

Yup I'm back in hospital as well. Got here 4th of July all for eating a stupid egg. I mashed it and added a lil skim milk and chewed 30 times but it still managed to irritate and severely inflame my intestine. This sucks!!!! Hope ur feeling better.

What symptoms did you have from this? I had egg salad yesterday and I don't feel awful, but I definitely feel tired today and not wanting to eat or drink anything.

I have some cod tonight to purée and I was wondering if anyone had some good ideas of what to purée with it. Thanks!

I have a question it may be dumb but I have to ask. I get hungry about everything 2-3 hours is this normal? Am I not eating enough? I'm almost 4 weeks post opp. Also my left side is still a little tender is this normal? I don't go to the doctor until the 17th.

I have a question it may be dumb but I have to ask. I get hungry about everything 2-3 hours is this normal? Am I not eating enough? I'm almost 4 weeks post opp. Also my left side is still a little tender is this normal? I don't go to the doctor until the 17th.

I'm 2.5 weeks out and my doctor told me to eat 6-8 times a day no more then a cup at each time. I sometimes eat more frequently because I'm hungry but I only eat a 1/4- 1/2 cup at most. And my left side is still sore my RN said it will be for about 3 months but the more you walk to better it will get. Hope this helps!