Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everybody' date='

I hate to say this, because I feel like such a statistic, but I am going to have to divorce my husband. We've been married

for almost 7 years. We've had our struggles, but it has turned into an abusive relationship that is escalating in violence. I have decided to leave. We don't have any kids. I honestly have tried to save this relationship with everything I could, but now it's time to go. The only problem is, I have no idea about the divorce process. I live in TN. Has anyone been through a divorce with no kids? We don't have a house or anything major to fight over besides maybe appliances. Is it possible to do it yourself without an attorney? Also, I'm worried that he won't sign the papers just to be spiteful. Also, does anyone have an idea how long the process is? I'm hoping to get this over with as soon as possible so I can just start over and heal.

Thank you for you advice in advance!,

Emily[/quote']

Hey girl, where do u live in Tennessee? I'm in Murfreesboro, Tenn not far from Nashville. .

I'm not sure about TN buy in KY you are required a 6 month separation before you can file for divorce. As far as being a statistic, I'd rather see you be a statistic for WLS divorces than a domestic violence one. Prayers to you for a safe exit! Xo

Yea in CT they require a 6 month separation period as well.

Yea in CT they require a 6 month separation period as well.

Hey missnikki do you live i ct? I do too in middletown havent heard anybody here from ct yet so good

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give y'all an update. Moving out went ok. I did have to call the police because he wouldn't let us into the house at first and was being a jerk. I just didn't want to take a chance since my friends and some of their children were present to help move. Everything is going really well in my new place! I honestly thought I would be a wreck once I moved out, but I have been feeling better than I have in years!! I have contacted an attorney about a divorce. She is going to draft the paperwork and once I file, I have to wait for 60 days until I can set up a court date. Hoping this will all be over in August! And after all that fuss about how I would have to be the one to move out if we separated, he moved back to MI last week! Ugh!! Good riddance to him!!

Hey missnikki do you live i ct? I do too in middletown havent heard anybody here from ct yet so good

Yes I'm from bridgeport....glad to see someone local yayyyyy

Yes I'm from bridgeport....glad to see someone local yayyyyy

Omg!! Yayy! Soo happy!! I atill dont know how to work this too much but finally yeah some body local true!

Hi everyone' date='

Just wanted to give y'all an update. Moving out went ok. I did have to call the police because he wouldn't let us into the house at first and was being a jerk. I just didn't want to take a chance since my friends and some of their children were present to help move. Everything is going really well in my new place! I honestly thought I would be a wreck once I moved out, but I have been feeling better than I have in years!! I have contacted an attorney about a divorce. She is going to draft the paperwork and once I file, I have to wait for 60 days until I can set up a court date. Hoping this will all be over in August! And after all that fuss about how I would have to be the one to move out if we separated, he moved back to MI last week! Ugh!! Good riddance to him!![/quote']

I'm glad it all went well. That sucks in a way that he was going to move anyway but made you move out"in a way" so he can move out. I think my hubby would do something like that. After & if I ever leave him he would then quit his job or move out or who knows. What I don't understand is he says he had money before he met me & now he has bills but when I say that's simple your bills will disappear once I'm out if your life cuz if having a family is such a problem that can be solve & I will have & take care of the kids like I do anyway. See my kids are special need so I get help for them monthly so with there money I buy clothes diapers & non food items. I need extra help food money monthly that feeds all 6 of us (feeding 1 adult son of his for $60 a week he gives me) so I budget very-very well. So hubby is only in charge of paying bills. He bought me a brand new car I didn't ask him to that's a bill of 3/4 years max. We have tons of credit card but its being paid of. What is the complain. When & if I ever order out which is barely its with my money. The most I buy is cafe for my self & McDonald fries for the kids. I cook 7 days a week & try to make 3 meals per day. I stretch a dollar that's how I'm able to have money toward plastic surgery & no one is starving & everyone has clothes. I'm holding down well.

I wish you all strength and courage in your separation or divorce proceedings. I have been blissfully divorced for many years now, at first i grieved a bit, but its normal. But so glad i kicked that man to the curb. You all deserve to be treated well. I think women give more in relationships than men do, at least its been my experience.

Funny I found my strength to get out of my relationship after my surgery. After 5 years of mental and verbal abuse it was time. Finally moved out and have never been happier. Everyone deserves to be happy.

You will need to keep yourself safe. Make sure to leave when he is not home and have a friend with you as a witness. You may need to get a restraining/Harrassment Order against him. Be careful too, sometimes men try to convince you that they have changed, only to be nice for a brief time and they go back to their old abusive ways. I hope you talk to a domestic abuse advocate. Keep a journal in case you need to press charges on him in the future. Good luck and keep safe!

Glad it went smooth and that your safe just make sure he doesn't figure out your new location and always be safe !!!

MrsB surgery 1-21-13

Baker girl congrats and good for you starting your new life, I'm glad your ok.

You can get paperwork at OfficeMax & hope he wont contest it.use irreconcilable differences & go that route. I live in Murfreesboro, tn if you wanna chat.

first i want to say, good for you for being so brave! you are making the right choice. any abusive man doesnt deserve a woman. from what i know (not very much, sorry) he cant just not sign the papers. theres more to it than that. i do know that if he has been served and doesnt respond than after a certain amount of time the divorce will be final, with or without his consent.