Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine would only have been bigger because of the slip and prolapse. If I'd had a normally placed and functioning band it would not have been an issue. Done in 2 steps I had an amazingly easy recovery from both surgeries and no complications at all. Trust my surgeons judgement after all this!!!

I just always get nervous that its not gonna work after failing with the band :( so I always think something ia gonna go wrong

SW 363lbs Surg Date 4/16/2013 CW 291lbs

woWwow thisThis forum is so great! I have read all the effects that I have gone thru. From vomiting, trying to hide the fact I had this stupid surgery, from feeling stuck and hungry at the same time, pain at the port site, multiple attempts of the doctors trying to take the Fluid out!!! So blessed that stupid thing is out now. I'm 5 weeks post op. I called one of the clinics that cover the sleeve and RnY and was trying to find out what I would need to file for either surgery and she basically said to me that weight loss is really all in your head!!!!! WHAT???? MY HEAD???? I was so shocked. I'm gonna have to go thru that bias crap AGAIN!!!!!! AAARRRGGG!!! I don't wish ill harm on people, I just wished people could understand obesity better!!!

woWwow thisThis forum is so great! I have read all the effects that I have gone thru. From vomiting' date=' trying to hide the fact I had this stupid surgery, from feeling stuck and hungry at the same time, pain at the port site, multiple attempts of the doctors trying to take the Fluid out!!! So blessed that stupid thing is out now. I'm 5 weeks post op. I called one of the clinics that cover the sleeve and RnY and was trying to find out what I would need to file for either surgery and she basically said to me that weight loss is really all in your head!!!!! WHAT???? MY HEAD???? I was so shocked. I'm gonna have to go thru that bias crap AGAIN!!!!!! AAARRRGGG!!! I don't wish ill harm on people, I just wished people could understand obesity better!!![/quote']

That sucks they are giving you a hard time...I had mine at the same time so I didn't have to wait in between band removal and rny so I don't know how that works ...good luck on your process

SW 363lbs Surg Date 4/16/2013 CW 290lbs

Wow this is a familiar story.. I was banded in 2008 and was one of the lucky ones it worked for me. Lost all just weight 120 pounds in 9 months.. Had all my plastics was doing great for 5&1/2 years then BAM! I constantly threw up, had acid reflux, constantly foaming even with an unfill. My doc said most bands are failing after 5 years and he is not doing them anymore! Ugh! I was a self pay. So on May 21, 2014 I had revision from lapband to RNY. 1 surgery. Self pay again.. Doc said everything looked great, no slips.. It was only 3 hours of surgery. I actually had a great experience. It was the easiest surgery I ever had! Went home the next day. Haven't had really any pain just sore. I am down 18 pounds as of yesterday and what a difference.. I don't feel like I have something stuck in my throat anymore!! I'm disappointed my band failed me but so happy to never have to worry about another fill. Wish I chose this at the beginning! I think every persons recovery is different. I found the lapband surgery to be 20x worse than this lol maybe I had to do with being 70 pounds heavier than I am now.. I'm not sure. I had a laproscopically hysterectomy in oct and that was really rough too. So maybe god just thought ahh I'll give her a break this time lol or should I say my hubby a break since I'm such a baby lol so here is to all of us new, old and future RNYers!

My band failed due to severe acid reflux and I am being revised in a week. My doctor wouldn't do the vertical sleeve because he said I will have the same reflux problems. Anyway, best of luck to you.

Hello, I wondered if it felt the same also. I had my band removed 3 weeks ago b/c I had the same issues as you. I haven't had RNY yet, but I can say that I can feel the difference since I had the band removed.

Hello, I wondered if it felt the same also. I had my band removed 3 weeks ago b/c I had the same issues as you. I haven't had RNY yet, but I can say that I can feel the difference since I had the band removed.

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that it feels NOTHING like the band, I'm happy to report! No issues whatsoever--I can eat all textures and types of food, just get full quicker.

The one issue for me is that because my stomach was in such bad shape after the band, my doc was unable to give me as small of a pouch as he'd wanted to (and what "virgin" stomachs could be given). So, I can eat more than I'd like, unfortunately. But I would take that any day over what I went through with the band! Only regret is that I didn't have the sleeve or bypass first. :(

So glad to hear your recovery is going well, and best of luck with your RNY!

My Dr. office told me that with bands its not a matter of "if" they will get taken out but "when". I'm sure the band is working for some 7 years out without complications, but most people DO have complications.