Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Free Cloud Bread

I made these for my Brunch on Sunday and the Family Loved them! So many different ways to use it. At brunch we used it as a waffle and added fresh stawberries, blueberries and raspberries with a touch of sugarfree maple Syrup. Later I used it as a wrap for a little shrimp salad.... yum! Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

1. 3 eggs, separated
    2. 3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
    3. 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    4. 1 packet of splenda

Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

1. Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white.
    • In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth.
      • In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks.
        • Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
          • Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray.
            • With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across).
              • Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun).
                • Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.
                  • While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp.
                    • Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!

Calories 43.2

Calories from Fat 25

Total Fat 2.8 g

Saturated Fat 0.9 g

Cholesterol 111.6 mg

Sodium 42.6 mg

Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g

Dietary Fiber 0.0 g

Sugars 0.1 g

Protein 3.7 g

I will have to write this down. How long are they good for after cooking?

I will have to write this down. How long are they good for after cooking?

I'm not really sure... We put them in a ziplock in the fridge... I think they'll be gone by tomorrow

I have no idea how to copy this. Is there any way u would mind copying and pasting to me in an email? Pretty please?

Nairali@yahoo.com

Was it hard? Looks difficult.

these sound wonderful....

post-29653-13813811744925_thumb.jpg

I have no idea how to copy this. Is there any way u would mind copying and pasting to me in an email? Pretty please?

Nairali@yahoo.com

Not hard at all. I'll email you :)

Nairali@yahoo.com

I sent you the link... So easy

Please email me the recipe too....

Hw 245; Pre-Op(RNY) 225.6; Surg Date 2/26; CW 210.6.....GW

Please email me the recipe too.... Thanks :-)

Beverly.toussaint@ymail.com

Hw 245; Pre-Op(RNY) 225.6; Surg Date 2/26; CW 210.6.....GW 145

I just emailed you the link

http://www.food.com/recipe/carb-free-cloud-bread-411501