Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Hasnt been humid this week but its coming big time starting tomorrow. That could be it. I usually get a terrible headache in the humidity. Guess I'll just keep an eye on it for a few days and keep taking the Water pill. Could be something simple!

Yeah and if it is pitting edema..which totally sounds like it from what you described..I wouldn't let linger too too long. Sorry the nurse in me always comes out! The water pill may help just watch your body's signs for ridding too much causing dehydration. U got this tho! Today was another rainy one here. Of course!! A month straight of rain! Please hurry with Fall!!!

How many ounces (weighed on the scale) are all of you able to do? I always thought i could eat too much too. Also' date=' do y'all weigh or measure your ounces?[/quote']

I'm ashamed to say I've never weighed. I'd measure out by sight or by the spoonful. I must do better!

Ok hoping someone can help last night I woke up with terrible terrible heartburn I haven't had heartburn since before the lapband except when I had my scope done for preop for the rny and then I haven't had it since surgery ...I take omeprezole everyday as a precautionary as per my dr ...I didn't eat anything different or do anything that I can think can cause it but man was it bad I took 2 tums and it helped but I'm not even sure if we are supposed to take tums ...anyone else have this happen??

SW 363lbs Surg Date 4/16/2013 CW 291lbs

I was told 4-6 oz each meal....after a year the max will be 9 oz. I have to stop snacking! My full feeling does not last long either :/ I just ate a whole chicken breast and a small corn on the cob. Meaty Proteins stay with me longer than anything else. Hoping to get through the rest of the night without snacking!

I'm pretty sure I had about every bit of 10oz tonight. I've been feeling more hungry lately and snacking on cheese etc. I may just break down and call my nut on mon and ask her.

Ok hoping someone can help last night I woke up with terrible terrible heartburn I haven't had heartburn since before the lapband except when I had my scope done for preop for the rny and then I haven't had it since surgery ...I take omeprezole everyday as a precautionary as per my dr ...I didn't eat anything different or do anything that I can think can cause it but man was it bad I took 2 tums and it helped but I'm not even sure if we are supposed to take tums ...anyone else have this happen??

That sounds terrible! Hope it was a isolated incident. I haven't had any at all since rny. I take Pepcid 2x a day. Maybe call your dr..I know the generic answer :) I don't think tums hurts tho. Calcium carbonate

That sounds terrible! Hope it was a isolated incident. I haven't had any at all since rny. I take Pepcid 2x a day. Maybe call your dr..I know the generic answer :) I don't think tums hurts tho. Calcium carbonate

After I wrote this I remembered it happened one other time a few weeks ago I just wish I could find something similar to know what caused it

I'm pretty sure I had about every bit of 10oz tonight. I've been feeling more hungry lately and snacking on cheese etc. I may just break down and call my nut on mon and ask her.

That's what we both should do...call our nutritionist first thing Monday! We need answers!!!

Hello ONEDERLAND! I thought this day would never come! First huge goal' date=' CRUSHED![/quote']

Congratulations! I am 9 lbs away and it is taking forever! Great job and keep it up!

Yeah and if it is pitting edema..which totally sounds like it from what you described..I wouldn't let linger too too long. Sorry the nurse in me always comes out! The Water pill may help just watch your body's signs for ridding too much causing dehydration. U got this tho! Today was another rainy one here. Of course!! A month straight of rain! Please hurry with Fall!!!

Let the nurse come out! That helps so much! It is supposed to be hell hot here the next week and I am pissed! Bring on the snow! Mother in law or not, the air WILL be turned out. She can wear a sweater and sit under a blanket! ;)

That's what we both should do...call our nutritionist first thing Monday! We need answers!!!

I really think I will. I'm scared enough to seek advice I didn't do this to regain for sure

Let the nurse come out! That helps so much! It is supposed to be hell hot here the next week and I am pissed! Bring on the snow! Mother in law or not' date=' the air WILL be turned out. She can wear a sweater and sit under a blanket! ;)[/quote']

Lol send her outside.. After what happened a few weeks ago with mine I'm sure I won't have to worry about mine for awhile. Ps..if we are sent elsewhere by the military my son & I are hoping its somewhere it snows. He's never saw snow!

Lol send her outside.. After what happened a few weeks ago with mine I'm sure I won't have to worry about mine for awhile. Ps..if we are sent elsewhere by the military my son & I are hoping its somewhere it snows. He's never saw snow!

I love snow! Cant wait for it!

I have never seen a dietitian my insurence dont cover it believe it or not I have done everything on my own

I have been so hungery its almost like it came back with a vegence

Ok I:30in the morning cant sleep