Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Im now a loser

Awesome! Hope your feeling well!

Im now a loser

Congrats

First off I want to say Congrats to all the new losers on the bench (I landed on the Bench on April 8), but now I find my happiness for the future is now overshadowed by the recent local events.... I'm sure by now most if not all of you must have heard about the recent bombings at the Boston Marathon (if you have not heard about it yet, you must live in a rural area and I'm sure you'll hear about it at some point as it is all over social media everywhere). Well, I live about 30 mins. south of Boston and I have family that both works in Boston and also lives just outside of Boston but often attends such events, so I can tell you that my heart dropped that day when I turned on the news and heard about the bombing and then panicked thinking OMG was anyone I know in that blast.... Thankfully, I can say as far as I know, so far no one I know directly was in those blasts... but then I heard today that both a Boston Court House had a bomb threat today and a Boston Hospital also had a Bomb threat today so both places had to be evacuated... Now the hospital is one of the biggest hospitals in Boston (Brigham & Women's Hospital)... talk about your heart sinking... That is the Hospital where I had my surgery one week ago... so in other words had my surgery been this week instead of last week, not only would I have been just out of surgery when the original bombing happened (with all that chaos and the tons of medical staff that ran to the location to help).... I still would have been in that hospital today when that bomb threat happened and most likely would have had to be one of the patients evacuated (as I didn't go home until last Wednesday because I was in the hospital for three days counting my surgery day).... I keep thinking OMG talk about not being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I have such mixed feelings my heart goes out to all those injured and those that died at the hands of these animals. At the same time lately I've been feeling either frustrated or I don't know, down or something thinking maybe I made a mistake because although the healing part is coming along okay, I'm still having a lot of trouble with eating, taking my meds, pain, a couple of my stitches got infected... it just seems like I'm having more trouble than I imagined I would, I knew it was going to take time to heal and get back to "normal" but the "liquids" phase is driving me crazy I'm so sick of just shakes and Water and broth (I feel like I'm constantly hungry) I can't go onto soft foods until next week but I have cheated once or twice but some things didn't go well when I tried them but I see food everywhere and its driving me crazy cause I want so bad to move onto soft foods so I can have something different than just the liquids.... I swear its like being a prisoner of war and they only give you bread and water after a while you would literally kill for something different....

Hmmm I'm just now finding this..

Anyone else struggling to get there Water?

Jessica, SD 4-11-13 follow me on Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013

SKNYME, I am so glad you didn't get caught up in that mess. As for the liquid diet, I feel your pain. i've been on Clear Liquids since last Monday. I'm ready to tear my hair out and the thought of more broth or Popsicles makes me want to cry. I have until next Monday before I can start milky Protein Shakes and strained soups--oh joy. Doesn't sound very appealing either. I'll be able to add yogurt and ape sauce too. Hang in there--I know this is hard, but we aren't the first people to have to endure this and if they can do it, so can we!

First off I want to say Congrats to all the new losers on the bench (I landed on the Bench on April 8)' date=' but now I find my happiness for the future is now overshadowed by the recent local events.... I'm sure by now most if not all of you must have heard about the recent bombings at the Boston Marathon (if you have not heard about it yet, you must live in a rural area and I'm sure you'll hear about it at some point as it is all over social media everywhere). Well, I live about 30 mins. south of Boston and I have family that both works in Boston and also lives just outside of Boston but often attends such events, so I can tell you that my heart dropped that day when I turned on the news and heard about the bombing and then panicked thinking OMG was anyone I know in that blast.... Thankfully, I can say as far as I know, so far no one I know directly was in those blasts... but then I heard today that both a Boston Court House had a bomb threat today and a Boston Hospital also had a Bomb threat today so both places had to be evacuated... Now the hospital is one of the biggest hospitals in Boston (Brigham & Women's Hospital)... talk about your heart sinking... That is the Hospital where I had my surgery one week ago... so in other words had my surgery been this week instead of last week, not only would I have been just out of surgery when the original bombing happened (with all that chaos and the tons of medical staff that ran to the location to help).... I still would have been in that hospital today when that bomb threat happened and most likely would have had to be one of the patients evacuated (as I didn't go home until last Wednesday because I was in the hospital for three days counting my surgery day).... I keep thinking OMG talk about not being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I have such mixed feelings my heart goes out to all those injured and those that died at the hands of these animals. At the same time lately I've been feeling either frustrated or I don't know, down or something thinking maybe I made a mistake because although the healing part is coming along okay, I'm still having a lot of trouble with eating, taking my meds, pain, a couple of my stitches got infected... it just seems like I'm having more trouble than I imagined I would, I knew it was going to take time to heal and get back to "normal" but the "liquids" phase is driving me crazy I'm so sick of just shakes and Water and broth (I feel like I'm constantly hungry) I can't go onto soft foods until next week but I have cheated once or twice but some things didn't go well when I tried them but I see food everywhere and its driving me crazy cause I want so bad to move onto soft foods so I can have something different than just the liquids.... I swear its like being a prisoner of war and they only give you bread and water after a while you would literally kill for something different....[/quote']

My prayers are with you and your family during this time. I can't believe that happened. You are so lucky you had surgery last week! Anyways I just wanted to say I'm totally understanding what you're saying about your struggles with the liquid diet. Isn't it horrible?? I've definitely tried soft foods now, but had some troubles with some and others like mashed potatoes and cottage cheese, I'm doing fine with. Very small amounts though. Yeah I didn't expect this either. I'm not regretting it by any means but it's hard. I think each day is getting easier but only time will tell.

Jessica' date=' SD 4-11-13 follow me on Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013[/quote']

Jess, I've not had any probs getting my liquid in. I can drink about a cup in 10 minutes--seems way too fast, but it is what it is. Actually I don't drink just plain water. I have crystal light and lots of other flavored things I add to it.

Im now a loser

Congratulations! Hope you are doing well. God speed!

Jessica' date=' SD 4-11-13 follow me on Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013[/quote']

I had major issues getting mine in. It gets better.

Im now a loser

How are you feeling, Krystal? Have you had your leak test yet? Are you on a pain pump? Are you drinking and walking? Hope all is well, my friend! :)

Thanks everyone for your comments... you're right I need to hang in there but Wendilou you're right too others have suffered this road too and have survived, but Lord it's hard. I also started to notice that whenever I drink Water it hurts in my pouch... and I'm only sipping the water not gulping it or anything... but I can do my shakes no problem and they don't bother me, and those I always use milk with my shakes (I tried water once... nasty) so I thought if anything I would have trouble with the milk, or at least that is what most people have the trouble with but I do fine with that... I'm having trouble with the water... how strange is that its just water and like I said I only sip it not gulp or anything... but it hurts every time... does that not sound weird to anyone else?

Well I'm feeling okay I don't have a pain pump though I have been up twice to walk the halls I still cant eat or drink anything I'm now independent in my room I had only two doses of pain relief and I'm really nauseous

The Biotin Shampoo smells so good lol kinda worth 6 bucks for small bottle. I did a.cheese stick and yogurt for dinner. So far only thijg i am took tolerating is eggs. Did way to much sitting upright and little sore from that but doing good. when i first started i was 308 at surgery 290 tonight according to my acale 272 husband says he can see a small diff in my tummy area.

Well I'm feeling okay I don't have a pain pump though I have been up twice to walk the halls I still cant eat or drink anything I'm now independent in my room I had only two doses of pain relief and I'm really nauseous

Did you tell your nurses you're nauseous? The dr can give you something for that. I had a patch for nausea all three days I was in the hospital. It was called a scopolamine patch and worked great. I had zero nausea.