Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just starting the process

I have my first consultation Tomorrow. I am so excited! I am going to do this with my 23 yr old daughter.

Well we just go done with the Dr. He was great. We are going to do the gastric bypass. They called insurance United Health Care and there is really no post op stuff they need done. We qualify for the bmi. So.... We did blood work today to find out if we had the bacteria in our stomaches. Next week on the 4th we have our NUT consult and then on the 10th we have our Psych Eval. Then its sent to insurance for approval letter. I am so excited!!!!!! Cant wait.

I've went to the seminar, had my first consult, pre op testing, gotten clearance from my pulminologist and go to cardiologist today. NUT appt next week, all within a couple weeks!!

blueyz80 You're having surgery in Peoria aren't you? I saw Bod Pod!! I'm going through Methodist. Dr. Salimath. I've heard good things about Rossi!!

I've went to the seminar' date=' had my first consult, pre op testing, gotten clearance from my pulminologist and go to cardiologist today. NUT appt next week, all within a couple weeks!!

blueyz80 You're having surgery in Peoria aren't you? I saw Bod Pod!! I'm going through Methodist. Dr. Salimath. I've heard good things about Rossi!!

Yeah, I am! Lol. Where is Methodist, is that in Peoria as well? I'm so excited to go through everything. I have my first support group meeting on April 9th and my first meeting with the surgeon on April 19th so everything seems to be moving along pretty quick.

It's right across the street from OSF!! HAHA!!

Oh haha! How funny! I'm not from Peoria so I don't know it very well. I live about an hour and a half away.

I went to the seminar Feb 13 and so far I've had my first surgeon's appt, two psych appts, one dietition apt, first half of stress test, all my labs, x-ray,and EKG. Friday I have my pulminary appt and next week I have my second dietitian appt and second half of my stress test. Then my second surgeon appt on April 10. The workshops are full but one person still hasn't paid - if they don't pay by Friday I'm in. If they do I have to wait to do my workshops in May. That would be terrible and set me back a whole month... I'm stressing about it. I REALLY want to get this done soon.

i had my first consultation this morning. i have two appointments set up' date=' if everything goes smoothly could be 5 weeks when me and my mom have the surgery. im excited but nervous does that make me weird?? i have a appointment next week and the following and then they submit it to insurance...[/quote']

No I think excited and nervous are good things means you are going in with your eyes wide open

Well, I made it through the seminar. I am more excited than ever. I ran in to a girl I used to work with there. We have decided to do this as a buddy system. I am glad i will know someone who is going thru the same thing. I still have to pay for the registration fee. I will do that in few days when I get paid. Then I will go in for my first appointment. I will be having to pay cash for some of the fees because my insurance will not cover the medically supervised diet portion of my treatment. Luckily its only 10 dollars a month to see the dietitian and nutritionist. I hope everyone is doing well.

Just starting the process of meetings and consults' date=' but my mind is clear. Anyone else out just starting[/quote']

I started on the 19 of Feb and all I have left to do is my cardio and sleep study exam.

Well' date=' I made it through the seminar. I am more excited than ever. I ran in to a girl I used to work with there. We have decided to do this as a buddy system. I am glad i will know someone who is going thru the same thing. I still have to pay for the registration fee. I will do that in few days when I get paid. Then I will go in for my first appointment. I will be having to pay cash for some of the fees because my insurance will not cover the medically supervised diet portion of my treatment. Luckily its only 10 dollars a month to see the dietitian and nutritionist. I hope everyone is doing well.[/quote']

That's great to hear of your excitement I am as well. My insurance pay for it all. What I ran into was my Dr. sent me to have the endoscopy me not know nor did I check it was an out of network hospital. Now I have a $4000 bill when my insurance clearly pays for every step I just make co payments and meet my deductible of $350. I am so made.

Well we just go done with the Dr. He was great. We are going to do the gastric bypass. They called insurance United Health Care and there is really no post op stuff they need done. We qualify for the bmi. So.... We did blood work today to find out if we had the bacteria in our stomaches. Next week on the 4th we have our NUT consult and then on the 10th we have our Psych Eval. Then its sent to insurance for approval letter. I am so excited!!!!!! Cant wait.

I have the same insurance and they pay for it all. Have you had the endoscopy yet

I had my Pulminary appt today and recieved my medical clearance. Holding my breath on the workshops... they should let me know tomorrow if I'm in.

No I think excited and nervous are good things means you are going in with your eyes wide open

I'm glad doesn't make me crazy I just hope there no hold backs...

I am so excited to get this started. It's all I think about. I am so ready for my first appointment. It is 4 hrs long. You see the doctor, have labs, ekg, set up the EGD, see nutritionist and dietitian. I hoping they don't make get a new sleep test. I am ready to commit to my new lifestyle.