Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

60g protein in 12 oz!

I have been using the GNC Wheybolic Protein and it has 60 g of protein (3 scoops not thick) in 12 oz of Water. Great way to get all protein in one drink and the taste is tolerable. Do no recommend the plain whey as it has aftertaste and does not mix as well. Comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and Cookies and cream. So far I've only had chocolate.

I have read that we don't digest much more then 30 or so g at one time.. I found this when reading...

Protein itself is not absorbed by your body. Instead, Protein is converted to amino acids during the digestion process, which are then absorbed into your bloodstream, where they eventually reach your muscles, organs and other tissues. Different sources of Protein are absorbed at varying rates. For instance, one of the fastest-absorbing protein sources is whey. According to researcher Helen Kollia, whey protein is absorbed at a rate of 8 g to 10 g per hour, so it would take about three hours to absorb a 30 g whey Protein shake. However, she notes that whey protein passes through the intestinal tract in about 1.5 hours, so in this case, 15 g of whey at once is the ideal amount to consume for maximum absorption. Consuming more than this amount in one sitting would simply get excreted from the body.

Read more: http://www.livestron.../#ixzz2MKWIn38R

I have read that we don't digest much more then 30 or so g at one time.. I found this when reading...

Protein itself is not absorbed by your body. Instead' date=' Protein is converted to amino acids during the digestion process, which are then absorbed into your bloodstream, where they eventually reach your muscles, organs and other tissues. Different sources of protein are absorbed at varying rates. For instance, one of the fastest-absorbing protein sources is whey. According to researcher Helen Kollia, whey protein is absorbed at a rate of 8 g to 10 g per hour, so it would take about three hours to absorb a 30 g whey protein shake. However, she notes that whey protein passes through the intestinal tract in about 1.5 hours, so in this case, 15 g of whey at once is the ideal amount to consume for maximum absorption. Consuming more than this amount in one sitting would simply get excreted from the body.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/476921-how-much-protein-can-you-absorb-at-one-time/#ixzz2MKWIn38R

Couldn't you drink 1/2 the shake and the other half later?

I would love to be able to drink 6 ounces in the morning and then 6 ounces in the afternoon and know my protein was done for the day.

Yes you could. I just hope that you are also getting Protein from food and not just the shakes..

Yes you could. I just hope that you are also getting Protein from food and not just the shakes..

I'm not but that's because I can't eat food yet. I had a stricture and back to basics :(

Thanks for the info. I will split my drink in two or 3 but at least it is a smaller amount. I am on liquids as I am 9 days post RNY.

I am 11 days post op. I am still wondering if this is gonna work? Anyone else have that? I have PCOS and nothing ever worked. I really don't want to be disappointed with this. It's a huge change. I've list 10 lb total since surgery and I know that is great I was just hoping to be one of those 40 lb loss in the first month girls ya know.

I am 11 days post op. I am still wondering if this is gonna work? Anyone else have that? I have PCOS and nothing ever worked. I really don't want to be disappointed with this. It's a huge change. I've list 10 lb total since surgery and I know that is great I was just hoping to be one of those 40 lb loss in the first month girls ya know.

I have PCOS too for 6 years more mild- yes this works.. I am doing great. almost five weeks out and have lost 30 pounds. Don't get stuck on a number. Work the program like it was designed per your surgeon. Remember to measure yourself also as sometimes we dont see the scale move but we are losing inches..

I have PCOS too for 6 years more mild- yes this works.. I am doing great. almost five weeks out and have lost 30 pounds. Don't get stuck on a number. Work the program like it was designed per your surgeon. Remember to measure yourself also as sometimes we dont see the scale move but we are losing inches..

Thanks. I can't wait for my clothes to be too big

I also use this Protein. I have been splitting it up during the day. I either have 2 or three shakes a day. I've only had the vanilla. It tastes like cake batter. I add fruit to it In the morning and use the no surfer silk milk it's the best tasting protein that I have tried.