Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I'm at 42 lbs and had surgery 5 days after you....as long as we keep going the right direction I think we are golden! The whole 'I feel great part' is really what matters right????

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssss

weight.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssss

I'm only at 35 lbs lost overall, but not worried about a 6 month marker. We'll all get there - some of us may just be slower about it! Don't give up!

Cecelia thanks for the kind words and support. They say the first 6 month is crucial for maximum loss. I'm just in shock I know that I'm losing slow and thats best my MD has whole set of different expectations for his patients we are to lose 75% of our body weight before we can move onto fruits and veggies. I do admit that I have broken that rule but very limited. I see my MD in JUly again with all my labs. I feel GREAT I guess I want it faster like most people and see most of the ladies on this blog have dumped 60 pounds by 4 months!

weight.png

I hear ya, but keep this in mind: you are hearing from people who are excited about their weight loss and are happy to share. I think if we took an unbiased poll of everyone who started out on that long list that SoccerMomma had and found out what their weight loss was, it would be a lot less intimidating, and perhaps you'd see that the biggest losers were the ones who had the most to lose.

I also get that we each respect our doctors because, well, we don't want to think that we are being ill-advised. And each of our doctors have their sound and well-researched reasons for why they recommend what they do. And that they all have our best interests at heart. However, "there's more than one way to skin a cat" as they say. Even if his way of doing things (low/no carb until 75% wt loss achieved) may work for 99% of his patients, remember that you could be the 1% outlier for whom this doesn't work.

No disrespect intended to any member of your team, but ask yourself this? Is it in my best interest to lose that much of my goal weight in that amount of time? My team doesn't even want me to peg 150 as my goal weight, because even though it is smack dab in the middle of the healthy BMI range, they still say it's unrealistic. They also recommend a slower weight loss because it gives your entire body (skin, muscles, metabolism) a chance to adjust as you go along.

Please don't be discouraged. You are doing a fantastic job, and the fact that you have been able to stick to this way of eating for this long is admirable and bodes very well for your long-term ability to adhere to a new way of eating overall. I admire you for that.

Remember: On the internet, there is no such thing as "most people." Only the "most vocal" people. :)

Great post! I am down 44lbs since Feb 1 and have read the post where people have lost a lot more and have felt " what am I doing wrong" I am not going to be so hard on myself anymore as I know I am doing what I am supposed to do. Keep up the great job everyone.

My Bp today was 96/80. My husband is freaked out. I called surgeons office and they said if I'm not light headed or dizzy I should be ok and may have low Bp from now on.

Anyone else with low Bp? I did sleep on and off all day yesterday- I thought it was from the weather being stormy making nap conditions perfect!!

I've been trying to up my fluids for this same reason. Every time I stand up I need a minute to stabilize before walking because my bp drops so much. At the doc's office I was 90's over 60's. Normally I run 100's over 70's which is lowish compared to the general population to begin with, but geez... My arteries have got to be thrilled, though!

I have a question how is everyone's exercising going? I haven't really kicked started my exercising but I really need to. How is everyone with exercising? Besides walking is there anything else u all are doing?

My Bp today was 96/80. My husband is freaked out. I called surgeons office and they said if I'm not light headed or dizzy I should be ok and may have low Bp from now on.

Anyone else with low Bp? I did sleep on and off all day yesterday- I thought it was from the weather being stormy making nap conditions perfect!!

Im 90/60 normally but im only 5'2". I've heard shorter people run lower than tall

I've always run low... I wouldn't be concerned unless you were dizzy like your doctor said.

I have a question how is everyone's exercising going? I haven't really kicked started my exercising but I really need to. How is everyone with exercising? Besides walking is there anything else u all are doing?

I bought some ankle weights for leg exercises

My blood pressure and heart rate run low 110/60 heart rate usually low 50 sometimes lower

Im 90/60 normally but im only 5'2". I've heard shorter people run lower than tall

Yep I'm 5'2" also.... Maybe it's my new normal!

I started about 6 or so weeks ago. I was once a Jazzercise instructor (before gaining all my weight back and then having PF) so I'm back to jazzing it 3-4 x a week! I love it! Nothing like burning 600 calories while dancing and having strength training too!

With my energy levels in the toilet for the last few weeks, just getting up and walking from my bed to the couch left me exhausted, so my couch-to-5K took a beating. However, I did find that I had it in me to start doing little crunches (just learning to tuck my stomach in tight for starters), modified push-ups (off the back of the couch as opposed to off the floor--and believe me, that was PLENTY), and squats, that is to say, standing to almost sitting on the couch to standing again. One set of ten reps for each of these. I've been doing them every other day, and getting a tiny bit stronger every day.

Now that the Synthroid is starting to kick in (day 4) I have been able to go without daytime naps for two days in a row (wow, that sounds so horrible when I type it!). I hope I can get back to walking, then quickly progress to walking/running in the next few weeks!

As May got into full swing, my exercise fizzled. With soccer, scouts, birthday boy, end of school year festivities we've been somewhere almost every night and weekend for 4 weeks. However! Scouts was over this past weekend (a few things this summer scattered here and there), soccer ended tonight until August, the birthday festivities have passed, and tomorrow is my sons last day of school. Tomorrow night is our first totally free night in weeks!!! So, I guess I'm going to back up and restart zombie 5K. I leave for vacation a week from Friday (Florida keys for a week!!!!!) and when I get bak I'll have to start getting serious again.

The awesome part here is that in the past, when life gets crazy and we're grabbing quick meals and not exercising (happens every October and May) I gain weight, this year I continued to slowly lose. I consider it success!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 213.2