Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am post-op 6 days, but luckily not hungry. However old habits die hard and I am itching for something else too. It is just to satisfy the issue I had to have the band for, but food commercials are killing me. I know as soon as the soft foods start I'll be in a much better place but I made this commitment and I need to follow through. I agree that Isopure is horrible! Does you doctor allow the shakes? Hang in there!:)

I took the chicken broth and boiled with carrots, celery, and onion then strained it. Much better than regular broth. For me the boredom was as bad as the hunger. Keep a wide variety of drinks on hand to give yourself choices. Celestial Seasonings has a great selection of teas, and I love Bigelows Mango green tea and Peach green tea.

HI.

I am 4 days post op. The things I like to eat are - campbells Soup at hand creamy tomatoe soup, Jello, fudsicles (sugar free), creamy potatoe soup (blended), dannon yogurt smoothies (light), miso soup (the dry packets, add to water), I sucked on a hershey kiss...it dissolved before it went down, there was a recipe with Protein chocolate powder - vanilla soy milk - 2 tbsps Peanut Butter - ice - for a smoothie I wanna try. The other thing is you can do vegetable soup and just use a hand blender to get it thin. These are all approved from my doctor. Also, I can go to starbucks and get a non-fat iced mocha, Decaf, no whip (haven't done it yet). My doctor also said I can do jamba juice smoothies but make sure no chunks of fruit. He said to make sure with all this, I sip and take it slow and listen to my body. Hope this gave you some ideas.

Hi Lapband4menow....your doctor told you that you could have all those things? My doctor to me I could only have clear liquids...Crystal Light, SF Jello, SF juice pops, broth soups...and Water. Have you lost any weight yet? Are you up and moving around? I'm jealous of the list of things you get to eat!!!

I ate a lot of creamy Soups. I just didn't eat the chicken if there was chicken in them. Cream of broccoli, celery went down fine. Anything that can fit through a straw worked for me. My surgeon said that was okay. Good luck.

Hi Lapband4menow....your doctor told you that you could have all those things? My doctor to me I could only have Clear liquids...Crystal Light, SF Jello, SF juice pops, broth Soups...and Water. Have you lost any weight yet? Are you up and moving around? I'm jealous of the list of things you get to eat!!!

It's important the band heals right so dont eat anything solid. Water 3 oz of cottage cheese, pea Soup, mushy carrots down to a liquid and drink away. Dr said it's ok just nothing solid or starch, or Fiber. it will stretch the stomach. You can liquify fruits or vege's

Banded Jan 19 moving around great, down 32 pounds today... but I'm a guy, we loose faster.

I like you was restricted for 2 weeks post op to Clear Liquids. Nothing creamy, and it had to be able to pass through a straw. It was hard...I tried to stay busy---I began crocheting again, because you cannot crochet and eat---your hands are busy!

I was allowed popsicles, and ate a lot of the SF ones. I drank a lot of broth---both homemade, and from packets---canned seemed really weak. I finally got some SF hard candy, and having it to suck on helped me a lot.

When they placed the band they pulled the lower stomach up and stitched over the band, to hold the band in place. When you eat any type of food that sits in the stomach, yoru stomach goes into a kneading motion, to digest the food, and push it through. At this point in time that causes undue stress on the fresh stitches. You do not want your stomach "working", just allow it to heal. It is hard---but it passes--and in hindsight, carrying that extra 80+ pounds was much harder than the forced diet.

When it gets really bad, go for a walk, or give yourself a manicure---something besides food at that point. Or come here and vent how miserable you are right that second!!! We all understand!

I found several of the FUZE drinks I liked for a change of taste too. The Isopure is not tasty that is a fact...but if you get to feeling tired, or grouchy or just like you may be coming down with a cold, it is usually a sign that you need more protein---it is very important to healing too---so close your nose and sip away---soon it will be over, and you will be 20 pounds less, and your pants will be baggy, and you will KNOW it was worth it!!!

Hang in there!!!

Kat