Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

Can I ask some of my post-op friends how they got past the extreme head hunger?? I'm seriously almost in tears! All I want is a big' date=' juicy burger, but I'm on Clear Liquids for another week, full liquids for 2 weeks, and then puréed for 2 weeks. I know this is only temporary and will be worth it. I'm just mourning food right now, I guess.... Lol[/quote']

There's no easy way when you're still on clear liquids....you just have to grab a Popsicle or juice or Water or chicken broth and suck n it all day.....it totally sucks'!!!! Once you get to fully and puréed you can mangle a burger into cheeseburger Soup and purée it and calm that craving ....but got now its just hang on and know it will get better. You can do this !!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 212

Can I ask some of my post-op friends how they got past the extreme head hunger?? I'm seriously almost in tears! All I want is a big' date=' juicy burger, but I'm on clear liquids for another week, full liquids for 2 weeks, and then puréed for 2 weeks. I know this is only temporary and will be worth it. I'm just mourning food right now, I guess.... Lol[/quote']

Oh my! I am so sorry! That's a long time for liquids! The liquids stage was the absolute worst stage for me with head hunger too. I wish I knew how to help... I took a lot of naps during that time. My therapist told me that our brains have muscle memory, and when we feel like eating we need to find an activity that mimics that muscle movement. For me, it helped playing a game on my iPhone and the napping but maybe you can come up with something more creative. Sorry that's probably not much help :)

Man that looks soooo good!

My kids love it to it was awesome

I had a sunny side up egg on half of a sandwich thin that was toasted. I topped it with homemade pick de gallo! Didn't eat the whole thing but was so good and sat really well. Gonna be my go to meal from now on!

I made homemade pico de gallo tonight also!!! Great minds think alot..plus my hubby is hero worshiping me cause I grew it all except the lime and garlic hahaha

Can I ask some of my post-op friends how they got past the extreme head hunger?? I'm seriously almost in tears! All I want is a big' date=' juicy burger, but I'm on clear liquids for another week, full liquids for 2 weeks, and then puréed for 2 weeks. I know this is only temporary and will be worth it. I'm just mourning food right now, I guess.... Lol[/quote']

Even if you had a big, juicy burger in front of you, you would be able to eat only a few bites. And it would probably make you feel sick and regret it! Hang in there cuz it will get better.

I really never got the head hungry the smell of food made me sick.

Last night i had bean dip. Refrued Beans salsa amd cheese dip with lite kick and dip fritos in it. Felt so good not to vomit for once

Grilled tuna steak (2oz) with steamed broccoli

Mashed meatball with a little sauce. Glory hallelujah, real food!!!

I'm still on chili. Ground chuck, chili Beans and kidney beans with all the spices. My pouch loves it.

Chili from wendys sstayed down thankfully

Having clear chicken broth my first meal out of the hospital.

That clear broth tasted awesome for first few days. I still like it when it's cold... like today!

I had 1/2 mashed meatball with extra sauce, Parmesan chz, on two saltines. Real food... Yum! :-)