Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Girls, I just received some news, and I need some prayers from all of you.

A girl I babysit for, and was extremely close with her family, is missing with her family.

She, her husband and as I understand it 2 of their 4 daughters went up in the area Rick and our son got stuck in, to snow mobile. They were due back Friday, andhave not been heard from. The area has had over 4 foot of new snow, and has had several avalanches.

Their names are Shannon and Jason Groen....and I believe it to be Aspen and P'yton (Payton) that are with them.

This is just impossible for me to process. My friend Errol, the step Dad that raised her (long majorly disfunctional story until he come into the family) is beside himself, and his 2 daughters that I helped to raise he said are bordering on hysteria, because search crews cannot even make it to the staging area, and there is over a foot more snow due tonight.

I feel like there is something I need to be doing that I am not---and I don't know what it is.

Sleep is a long way off....

Thanks for adding them to your prayers, they are such a loving, close family. It makes me heartsick!

Kat

Hi all,

Happy Monday morning! And I really need to get to bed since I start back teaching tomorrow--luckily, my first class isn't 'til 11am and the last is over @ 3:50. Such a GREAT change from teaching in high school.

Sounds like almost everyone is back on track with our plans for the new us that we started with our lapbands. Come on, pounds, start a-droppin'.

The trip in May sounds wonderful! And I agree with the others, Jane--GO! I wish I could be with y'all, but already have plans to go on a trip that I am organizing to Israel and Jordan. Of course, I'm excited about going to the Holy Land, but dearly want to meet each of you as we Celebrate our new bodies.

Tracy, good luck with the job hunt with BP.

And Pamela, thanks for today's tip: It's a great one as I can never get enough Fiber and we know the problems THAT creates. TMI, right?

Kat, two or three bites of ice cream???

Judy, a small # of mints???

No sweat!!! Pounds, commence to droppin' !

love to all,

Cindy

Kat~ We are all sending purple power to this family! It is heartbreaking to hear this. I just said some major prayers for Susanne, as she decided to drive home @ 9pm tonight instead of 2am. I guess it will be easier for her to get a better night's sleep. I've included the Groen family as well!

((hugs))

Kat, that is horrible and frightening for them and all that care for them. I have never been in that position, but I think someone not being found is one of the scariest things ever!!! Prayers pronto!!!

I think I will go as long as I don't need sinus surgery. You guys are right, I am just being odd!! Now I feel stupid for saying something and calling attention to it!! So if I go pretend I never said anything!! If I need sinus surgery it is $2500 deductible and then $5000 out of pocket. Plus the time off work, although I think it will just be a day or two, but still. I am wondering if I do have this leak if it is something that you can live with, or if it goes away? I mean if you have your ears pierced and don't wear earrings the hole closes up!! I think it will be one where it hurts my bank account much more than it hurts me physically!

It is hot here!! It is the middle of January and St. Louis was 10 degrees on Wednesday and I think the high today was 77! I have my windows open with the fan running in January!!!! Wow!!!!!

Prayers and purple power to the Groen family and friends!!

Jane

OMG i'm so mad, I just lost my first real important post

Kat - my prayers are with your friends and their family. I think i just saw the story on my local news as I was reading your post... where are you?

So I got about 30 minutes of sleep last night, was up thinking about the dbf situation and I'll be contacting an attorney today. DBF is going to be finalizing his settlement for his accident and will have millions which I want to make sure the kids are taken care of when he gets his money and bails. I am not going to bring my atty to court unless I feel backed into a corner but I need to know what my rights are and be prepared for what is to come next week and in the future.

Pam - thanks for that great post. Fiber is something I need help with and there are some good ideas there.

Well, I'm going to drink coffee and put a little primer on my bathroom, it is going to be 60 here which is almost unheard of so I am going to get my bathroom done this week.

Jen!! -- "I have not heard from him since earlier which is not like him at all. and I am weak when it comes to him, so I may have to hire an attorney to protect myself." Honey, the entire time I've known you, this IS like him... whether it's because of his accident or not, he always acts like this! I'm sorry that he was in the accident & messed up so badly, but it's not your fault and you've got to finally stand up for your kids! Get an attorney. Use him/her! Take him/her w/you to court (whether you're "backed into a corner" or not -- why let it get to that point??)! Let him/her do their job! He should be made to sell the bike & keep his commitments to you & the kids! Or whatever else needs to be done. Do I need to come up there & open up a can of violet-whoop-ass on him (& you??). You've got to get it out of your head that you're somehow "doing" this to him -- you've got to tap into your momma-bear mode and do whatever it takes for your kids! Sorry, but this kind of stuff drives me crazy... and I want you to be strong & stand up for what is rightfully yours!

It has been him for the last year, but not him for the last 16. I will do this. My scope for this month has a lot to do with the 18 & 19th so I'm going to need super violet power to be strong when I go. And I agree, I had to get rid my bike, he is going broke but keeps spending... I split my Y membership which is 35 a month, he pays a full 70 plus goes bowling every monday which is close to another70 a month... no fun if you don't have it. I don't do anything else.

Anyway enough of that today is another day I just showered and now I am suddenly so tired. I have to get my friends dd on the bus this am and ds is going to the sitter. I have my new size 16 levi's on today (got them yest) and going to try to return my 18's i got the other day, they are way too big after they stretched out. Or maybe I'll wash them in hot Water and wear them to work.

Good Morning, Violets!!

Kat.. prayers being said for the missing family that they are found safe.

Jane.. prayers being said that you are able to be at the Bandiversary Bash with the rest of the Violets!!

Jennifer.. prayers being said for you in your struggles with your dbf

And prayers of thanks to all of you Violets for your encouragement during my negative time. This morning I was able to put that new angel charm on my Bracelet cause the scale said 173.6!!! I have a new resolve and know I am back on the right track. I wish the same for all of you. 130 days til we meet in person!!!!!

gotta go get dressed and head to my staff meeting, then to the jewelry store to get my former weding ring sized for my other hand and put stones in to make it a mother/grandmother ring.

Everyone have a good day. Drink that Water and exercise!! (that's actually directions for me, but you're all included!)

Water Patrol reporting in.

Water

Water

Water

Drink

Drink

Drink

This means you.

Hey Violets~

Well back to the grind! I DON'T WANNA GO!!! Especially since the last 3 days before vacation I missed as well because of my back! I have no idea what I am going to teach today, lol!

Was wondering...how much Water does everyone STRIVE to get in. What is your goal number everyday?

Add a piece of fruit today to lunch! You need the fiber. Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoox

Hmmmmmmm. 130 days ... that means if I lose 1.5lbs a week until then I will be at my goal weight.. can i do it??? yes i can or I'll die trying... LOL

funny, my goal weight is where Judy is now :) but Looking in the mirror, if my tummy was gone I would be so happy with myself right now and would probably put me in a size 12/14 where I've never ever been in my life!

Jen!! -- "I have not heard from him since earlier which is not like him at all. and I am weak when it comes to him, so I may have to hire an attorney to protect myself." Honey, the entire time I've known you, this IS like him... whether it's because of his accident or not, he always acts like this! I'm sorry that he was in the accident & messed up so badly, but it's not your fault and you've got to finally stand up for your kids! Get an attorney. Use him/her! Take him/her w/you to court (whether you're "backed into a corner" or not -- why let it get to that point??)! Let him/her do their job! He should be made to sell the bike & keep his commitments to you & the kids! Or whatever else needs to be done. Do I need to come up there & open up a can of violet-whoop-ass on him (& you??). You've got to get it out of your head that you're somehow "doing" this to him -- you've got to tap into your momma-bear mode and do whatever it takes for your kids! Sorry, but this kind of stuff drives me crazy... and I want you to be strong & stand up for what is rightfully yours!
This is so true, Michelle (and JENN!) Where is that Momma Bear??? SCREW HIM!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!! Sorry, but deadbeat dads are my huge pet peeve!! He doesn't even have relationships with them, for cryin' out loud! Accident or no accident, he knows he has children and they are HIS responsibility as much as they are yours. PERIOD.

One thing IS good about going to court...he will have to get caught up on his back-support that he owes you for sure. The judge may allow him temporary reduced support, but make it clear that you want to come back after his settlement to have in increased again.

Yes, you definitely need a lawyer.

Hey Violets~

Well back to the grind! I DON'T WANNA GO!!! Especially since the last 3 days before vacation I missed as well because of my back! I have no idea what I am going to teach today, lol!

Was wondering...how much Water does everyone STRIVE to get in. What is your goal number everyday?

Add a piece of fruit today to lunch! You need the fiber. Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoox

I get Sam's Club water at Walmart, a case of 24/20oz bottles are only $4 and I drink at least 3 a day but usually 4 and i add crystal light to go packs. They are not as strong in the 20 oz bottles.

Most water out there are in the 16oz bottles and that means I have to drink 1 more and the crystal light is a bit stronger and I don't care for it as much.

hope that helps... have a great first day back!