Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I have to thank you ladies for all your support and kicking my ass. Since I have had surgery and met my violet sisters, I no longer cry for hrs when something with him happens and I have all of this to thank you all for.

1. Support in getting me to a better place

2. Starting to think I actually look good and deserve to have something special

3. I am much stronger and take less crap

4. Have a fantastic group of people I am proud to call my friends.

the list goes on and on and on... I love you all... thank you for helping me this next couple weeks stand up for what is right

Jennifer: Yes, make sure that judge knows his financial status is getting ready to change.... OR send a letter in to the clerk and request a continuance..... I know that in KS you can only request a modification every 3 years. I would not be surprised if DBF shows up with representation since he also most likely has an atty hired for the settlement where millions are at stake. PROTECT YOURSELF PLEASE

Woo Hoo, Judy!! Here's a nanner for you -- you hung in there & earned it!!

:)

TracyKS -- Love seeing that "199" in your siggy!!

Just got back from the first Water aerobics class of the new year... it's been 3 weeks since the last one! :) & I felt it! Am sitting here in my wet suit (Santa brought me a new one just for these classes... it's a VIOLET Speedo that actually FITS! -- what a concept! lol!)... bbl!

OMG L Word started back up? FINALLY!!! I missed it waaaaaah. Hopefully it still comes on every night of the week, I missed that show.

Me and DH's falling out came to a head last night. Was an arguing match, and I said as much hurtful stuff as I could because I wanted it to hurt him. I regret that now, but then I was up till 4am crying in the living room. Now my eyes are all puffy, I guess it's lucky I'm sick, everyone thinks it has to do with how I'm sick.

I apologized to DH this morning and he apologized that he makes me so unhappy. I think the biggest problem is, there's no answer. I don't know what to do.

Back to burrying it all and going about our life.

Oh Laura, my heart goes out to you!!! Sometimes when I hear stuff like that I think I am lucky I am single.

Have a great day!!

Jane

Laura, "Back to burrying it all and going about our life." -- Take it from someone who's "buried it all" for 20 years now... that's not the answer. Yes, you can make a life... but sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't "settled" or didn't do what I was "supposed" to... if I had followed my heart, my passions... I guess that's life... you make a decision & that leads to one path, and you never know what "might have been"... then, like me, you make the best of the path you chose... but you're still SO young... unfettered (here meaning not tied down w/kids -- cuz' once you have them, your life is no longer about YOU but THEM...)... Right now the world literally is yours for the choosing... chose wisely, friend!

They found my friends!!! Well actually the families hiked to an empty train station, and managed to get in to the phone and called 911. They said they are all ok and uninjured, but it may take rescue another 2-3 hours to get to them----roads are closed, and there is no power to the area at all. The train station they are at has received over 6 feet of snow in the last 2-3 days. But they are inside, and together, and well enough to talk. I saw Shannon's Mom, Gail on TV----she looked just like a Mom who just got the wonderful call should look--CRAZY with glee.

Jenn--I am in the northwest corner of New Mexico. They went snow mobiling in north central NM, above Chama---which put them right on the NM/ CO border. In the mountains. Shannons Mom I mentioned lives in Chama, she and her late husband opened a medical center there, then he died, and she stayed there---so Shannons former step Dad (one of my best friends) raised her and a son Gail had from yet another marriage, as well as his own kids. Jenn--there are good men like him left in the world---who will love you and your kids.

Gail is a likeable woman, I always did like her, she just always has put herself first. She married young and had Shannon, divorced. Married again, had a son Chevis, and divorced. Married my friend Errol, had a Daughter Canyon--which is when they became more than my neighbors. I began keeping the kids---Canyon was a tiny baby, she went back to work when Canyon was 2-3 weeks old---not to say she was not a good Mom to her, she is just VERY work oriented---she drove home 3 to 4 times a day to nurse the baby, and she pumped breastmilk for her--I do not want to say in any way that she did not love her kids. She had been feeling really bad, and it got worse, so she woke up thinking she had a stomach virus, and went to the ER----thinking she had a twisted intestine due to the frequency of the incredible cramps----in the ER they examined this trained medical professional (literally award winning)--and put her on a life flight to Albq---to try to save her and her unborn 26 week into term baby! They could not stop the birth, and Tyne was born, weighing 1 pound and 6 ounces. I kept the 3 kids day and night for almost 2 months--there was of course time that one or both parents were here, but they also spent a lot of time in Albq. with Tyne. She was one of the first babies they ever used lung surfactant in---where they actually fill the babies lungs with an oxygenated water---as if they were still in the womb. Fast forward....and the baby thrives. She and her sister are 8.5 months apart! I had to take classes when she finally come home on how to work her breathing monitor. Then probably 2 years if that long later, Gail had met this Dr. And wanted to go build the medical center with him. Errol refused to let his kids move--so she moved. But she didn't only leave the kids they had together she also left the 2 she had prior! So Errol went on without skipping a beat, he raised all 4 kids. They went to see their Mama (they called her the Chama Mama) on weekends, and Gail would come see them, stay at the house! She and Eric the Dr. built the medical center, and married, and one weekend the girls were in Chama, and Gail heard a wierd noise, she spoke to Eric and he didn't respond so she turned on a light, and he was having a massive coronary--at like 38! She pulled him off the bed and began CPR, screaming at the girls so they could call the ambulance---but he died. She stayed there, and the girls come back home of course. Now Gail is married yet again, seems very happy. Errol married 3 years ago---in the most amazing ceremony!!! He owns a plastic welding business--they make Water craft---rafts etc. Also supply Disney with tubes used in creating rapids in some of their rides! And he coaches girls soccer at one of the local high schools which is where he met his new wife! She has a daughter Jennifer who falls in age right between his 2 girls!!! So now they have Canyon who is a senior in high school, and Tyne and Jennifer both Juniors!

He loves Shannon and Chevis like there is no difference, he loves the grandkids, and is a genuinely nice man! They are out there!!

I know your DBF has issues since the accident---and that is sad, Iunderstand them well with my brother, but the point is, he is not improving. He is not doing anything to try to help himself let alone you or most importantly his kids! I can easily see how difficult it is going to be to forget the good years---but your son deserves to have good times to remember too--and you really don't want him growing up thinking that is how he is supposed to treat women!

Hang in there Jenn--there are good guys out there!!!!!

Sorry for rambling! I am so wired! No sleep, and good news makes Kat a Krazy woman!!!

BBL~~

Kat

Kat! I heard that they rescued them on the national news report on the radio on the way home from the Y! I hoped they were your friends! Whew! So glad it ended well.

That is great Kat!! Now we will all shift the purple power to JEN!!!

I called my Dr's office about my CT scan and they told me they would discuss it at my next visit! I didn't know that and I don't have another time scheduled! They told me that is why she has office hours!!!!!! The NERVE!!!! I then said I want to find out today and would appreciate a call. She said the Dr. was in surgery but she would leave her a message. The Dr. was very nice and I liked her, but if that is the way the practice works i will find someplace else! I think I paid enough at my first visit to get a phone call that tells me my results!!! Can you tell I am mad!?!?!?!

Well off to do lunch and then a bunch of errands!!

Glad they foound your friends again Kat!!!

It took almost 30 minutes for my message to post--and then it posted 3 times!

I deleted the others.

Jane I agree totally---I hate that---I find a great Dr. and the office staff is crappy!

Oh----I ate too fast in my happy mood, now I am hurting!

I cannot tell you girls how incredibly happy I am! It is snowing hard! I don't mind so much now except I am due in Albq. on Thursday---for Dads surgery on Friday, and this storm is supposed to be followed by another on Wed. dangit!

There are still 2 young men missing---they were headed up to snow board from Albq. and have not been heard from. That one is scary.

With Jason, and especially with him taking friends, and wives, and kids, I knew he would be as prepared as possible for the weather, he is just that kind of guy---but Water and Snacks do squat against avalanches----so I was scared! These boys who are missing, I have no idea if they were equally prepared. And their ages, they are at the daredevil, immortal feeling time of their lives. Scary----think I am staying in!

Thanks so much for your prayers!! I know somewhere along the path they hiked out, they ran onto purple snow!!

Kat

Great pix...love the silver! What are your accents?

Hey everyone, I started a new thread. This one is soooo slow and it taking forever to load. I hope it is ok w/ the group. It is called Shrinkin Violets- part 2.

Tracy...you look great!