Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning everyone,

Judy - I'm so glad you knee feels better today. No swelling at all?

Terry - I'm gonna try to email Josie just to make sure she's doing ok. Have you talked to Michelle? I've gotta get down to the bead store sometime this week. I've got five bracelets to make for Christmas presents. That's the only thing I know how to make right now but luckily they look so good that everyone wants me to make them one!

Pam - how are you feeling? Are you still on antibiotics? I'm still coughing and a little congested but I'm just trying to fight it with Theraflu.

TracyKs - does your son get along with Cody? Maybe having a little brother will improve his attitude.

TracyK - aaahhh, another relaxing day for you. I wish I had your job.

Speaking of jobs, I'm looking for a new one. I'm trying to figure out what my passion is. What makes me happy? Never thought that this would be so hard.

Jenn - Hugs to you. I'm so sorry about your aunt. Please know that at least her suffering has ended and she's free from illness and hospitals.

Janie - 2X pants are tight on me too. I can't seem to lose from my bottom half. What size are you on top? Right now I'm a 14/16 on top and a 22 bottom. Can you imagine how I look? That's quite a difference... Oh well, at least I'm not a tight 26 anymore. That's my only consolation.

Hi Laura! Are you back to doing Atkins? When are you scheduled for your next fill?

Michelle - Has your restriction gotten better or are you still able to eat eat eat? Mine is just a little bit tighter but I'd like to be even more tighter. I think I'm gonna stay here for awhile and see what happens. Any word on a fill appointment? Janie said Thursday, right? Let's hope she's right!

Morning Ladies.

Someone kick me, I forgot to do the list again! Gosh, my home life is too busy. What's silly though, I had to get up early this morning to let the electrician in to fix a vent in the bathroom, and so I've been up since 7am.. and I spent an hour on the computer, EVEN READING THE BOARDS HERE. Durrrr. Ok, seriously I am gonna get it done tonight. Sorry guys :eek:

I am kinda back on Atkins, like I'm not havin sweets with sugar, breads, or potatos.. But I'm having a V-8 for b'fast and it has 15g of carbs (-3 for fiber) so 12g of net carbs. That's higher than a true Atkins person, but I'm letting it slide.

I was 268lb this morning, I've been at this weight (no bouncing on either side) for days. My gym buddy is out of town this week, and I admit, I can't make myself go alone. My next fill is in Dec. I am confused with my restriction though. After the de-fill I was too loose.. about 5 days ago I am very tight all day (even into the evening). I thought TOM, but I have no indication of it being TOM. I had cramping majorly on Friday night, but that was it. No spotting.. no weird food cravings. So I don't know what's going on. I PB'ed last night on SF Jello & meatballs. And I was so hungry so I tried to keep going, but every bite, I just ended up spitting up. Weee.

So sorry for your loss Jen ((hugs))

Hope you feel better Judy!

Tracy you sound like you've got a lot going on all of a sudden, you're sooo brave, if DH had a kid (which I may not have dated him when I met him had that been the case anyway), I don't know how I'd handle letting them live with me!!

Just got back from a Taxing district meeting! We talked for a little over an hour on PARKING!!!

I think that what you are doing TracyKS is great, I hope Cody and his mother appreciate what you are doing!! Just remember another star in your crown!!

Jenn sorry about your Aunt.

Judy, I am glad your knee is fine, sounded like you took a serious tumble!!

Well I put the 3x top on I bought yesterday and it seemed tight, I know it is just mind over matter. Most of the time I am in a 1x, I even bought a Christmas shirt in xl. The pant situation is so maddening!! I only wear stretch pants from Lane Bryant, they are a 2x petite. I still have a slight bulge from where my hernia was, so no pants fit right. It is very frustrating to get pants...

Sending out powerful skinny thoughts to Terry, both Tracys, Denise, Panda, Michelle, Haydee, Pamela, Judy, Jennifer and anyone else I am forgetting!!

Jane

Janie,

Thanks for the skinny thoughts! I am feeling sooo bloated today, but, I just took the tags off a cute pair of pants that I bought in early Sept. and guess what...they are falling off me. I don't know why I even bought them w/o belt loops. I even have another pair just like 'em in black. They are a 24 and are soooo big, I feel like a hobo! I AM NOT COMPLAINING...JUST SHARING! I will try to wash them in hot Water and dry them. Then I'll be on here crying that they are too small, lol. Oh well, that is what I get for shopping anyway. I've got enough clothes for the next 60 pounds...nice clothes and house clothes (you know, comfy's that you wouldn't be seen in Walmart wearing). Anywho, just thought I'd share. Praying that TOM comes and comes fast. Cut the Crap day is a lot harder this time of month:faint:

I didn't get skinny thoughts!! :eek:

My restriction is really bothering me, I don't know where it came from :( I wonder if when he was de-filling, the suction pulls the saline into the tube (out of the band), and now it has settled back in finally?

I was eating a handful of Pork rinds, and got stuck. They dissolve into nothing! So I spit them up with a bunch of slime. 10 minutes later, took a swig of Water, and I swear INSTANTLY it came up, didn't have time to hold it in my mouth or get a trash bag, it went right in my hand. I don't understaaaand.

27 degrees here right now and it stormed like the dickens here last night. We're surrounded by snow on the mountains but just rain here in the valley. It's beautiful.

Yesterday I ate off of the vegetable tray for dinner. I must have had about a good cup size of carrots and dip. Got back to the motel and was regretting my decision, so I ate 2 small cups of WW lemon yogurt and went to bed. TMI, cleared my system out this morning and am feeling better. Not so bloated.

Thanks for the reminder about "Cut the Crap Day". I need to do exactly that. SIL is fixing vegetable Soup today so we are going over there and visiting.

Everyone have a great day. :clap2:

Hey girlies, I amBAaaaaack!!!!

Going to read up, willpost as soon as time allows---need to unpack, and make some calls---my pre op appt. is tomorrow, and surgery Friday.

I missed you all soooooo much!

Cousins transplants were successful---she is out of the hospital and in a hosp. apartment for awhile.

Within a few hours after the pancreas transplant her blood sugar dropped over 200 points, and the kidney began making urine before they could finish the transplant!!!

Be back in a little while!!!

Kat

(((((KAT)))))!!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!

Well, Unfortunately I needed to find some nice clothes to wear thurs & friday. My size 16 pants that were way too tight when I bought them a month ago fit and looked good with a tucked in shirt and my suit jackets that fit are now swimming on me. size 18 & 20 I was going to have them fixed but i don't think so. My size 18 dress that I had tailored to fit me 5 years ago does not really fit. from the front i look great and when I turned and looked, it was swimming on me. Yes I'm happy because I have a dress to wear to the Wake and pants for the Funeral which it is going to be snowing and only 38 here Friday. My last clothes that fit me. YIPEE.

You would think that would be motivation to get my ass in gear and lose more right??? we will see

I have not seen some of my family since surgery and some of them don't know I had surgery. As you know I'm not close with a lot of my family.

Welcome back Kat!!!! We've ALL missed you!!!!! Glad to hear the good news about your cousin. Amazing what they can do now medically.

Haydee.. I have a little bit of swelling in my knee, but not much more than normal. The fall was pretty comical.. sort of like a comedy skit. I took one step, touched the magazine on the stairway and it acted liked a snowboard. My right foot went straight out in front of me and my left foot bent back behind me. And I'm sure the look on my face would have been one to behold as I skidded down the steps. BUT, I'm doing ok today so just a lesson to be learned. DON'T put the Time magazine on the stairway.

We're off to the jewelry store to see about a new mounting for my wedding diamond. Long story, but I'm on about the 3rd style of wedding ring. Luckily the Bobster is pretty patient and understanding about my whims!

TTFN.

Hah, I don't know what your long story is but I keep thinking about getting a new ring. I thought about it since I got mine.

I wore a size 11 ring, and he wanted to use Shane Co. for whatever reason (I think because you could pick the diamond out specifically).

Anyway.. They said if I got a size 11 ring, they could NOT do any of the pretty bands. There was one I absolutely loved, but they said due to the size, the integrity of the band is compromised and the diamonds in the band would fall out. So I had to get the generic simple white gold band with diamond. To make up for the lack of excitement, I got a ring guard that is very pretty and has little diamonds in it.. But I still think about that one ring we picked out initially that they wouldn't make for me. I'm at LEAST a size 9 ring now. My mom is a size 7 and I am able to get her wedding ring 3/4 down my ring finger (even as a kid I could only put it on my pinky finger!).

Only problem is, I don't know what I'd do about my wedding band now. Can't change that.

I have decided to take up a new hobby. I always wanted to learn to decorate fancy cakes. The problem was 1. there is always left over cake at our family things and no one LOVES cakes.. they like it, but no one eats a lot 2. I LOVE cake and wouldn't be able to control myself

So.. decided to try cookie bouquets! I did a lot of online research on what I need and recipes. We're going to the grocery store and Hobby Lobby today to get supplies for me to start. I am going to do a test batch (or two) and then for T'day if I can figure this all out, going to do a HUGE bouquet of decorated Cookies for the desert table...leaves and pumpkins etc.

And if that goes well, going to give every group of family in my family a Christmas bouquet for Christmas.

I am excited! I am not a huge cookie fan, I can resist. I just love arts & crafts and this is something I've never tried.

DH is worried I'll pick at the Cookies. I promise to be good! I'm looking at this as an art project, not cooking. I will make sure to take pics if it turns out right and show you guys :rolleyes: