Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I gotta tell ya Tracy... the lady in your avatar looks way older than the girl in the green t-shirt!!! She could be your mother!! Woooo hoooooo!! You look great. I sure can see the difference in your face from last month..

Surgery on 4/24/07 starting weight 325 current weight 264.5 WOO HOO. no fills yet. Please add me to the shrinking violets:)

Lost_Secret

Surgery on 4/24/07 starting weight 325 current weight 264.5 WOO HOO. no fills yet. Please add me to the shrinking violets:)

Lost_Secret

That's GREAT! Good for you! I had surgery on 4/26/07 and had my 3rd fill today. Sometimes I think part of my weight loss has been my own doing and not the band since I've not felt a lot of restriction through this whole ordeal (until today).

I ate dinner tonight and can definitely feel the restriction (for now)...I ate 3 oz chicken breast (boneless/skinless), most of an artichoke (couldn't eat the heart darnit and that's my fav part!), and a small wedge of seedless watermelon. I was full!!! Had a little bit of a time getting the chicken down for once and it was very moist and tender, so I know that I have restriction....

Hopefully now I will get back on track losing some weight! woohoo!!!

Welcome to the April 07 Bandsters!!!! :)

Great, Denise!! Now....remember....take it slow. Especially with risky foods (high Fiber, fresh veggies, meats, etc) take a bite or two and then WAIT to see how it does. Go really slow between bites until you KNOW it's ok. Trust me on this. And remember...things can change at any time! You may find that you get more restriction over the next few days and then it may ease up again. It's a whole different ball game with real good restriction and you do have to be careful to avoid sliming. What you ate today may not be ok tomorrow but will be ok again in a week. It's crazy.

Tracy - If you look that good after push mowing your lawn, then you DESERVE to post that picture in your signature!! You are just so cute and you have beautiful eyes!

Where is Laura? I thought she was back???! :) Guess now that she's a sophisticated married lady she doesn't need us anymore. Or did she go on a honeymoon somewhere...after Vegas?

Wonder how Sara is doing.

I'm pooped. G'night all.

I'm so happy for you. I am only eating 3oz of chicken and salsa, sometimes 1/2 cup lettuce and I'm full... full.... full...

I think that is my problem, I'm not getting enough variety.

so I just got back from the grocery store - got cherry purnes, ate 3 and they went down, had to chew. got some oj - so i can have a serving a day, got these great whole grain pita's i'm going to try to eat they are great, 45 cals for the entire thing - 4g Fiber, 1gfat so that should accomplish lots of things. I also got some sun chips. 16 chips in a serving high fiber, low cal... how can you go wrong? I'm going to try to revamp tomorrow now that I have the right stuff. I'm going to write everything down and count calories so if it works I have some real info, if not... well i have real info. keep your fingers crossed

Where is Laura? I thought she was back???! :) Guess now that she's a sophisticated married lady she doesn't need us anymore. Or did she go on a honeymoon somewhere...after Vegas?

I'm pooped. G'night all.

Terry - you are so funny, I love your sense of humor

so I guess I"m not going to convince everyone for a cruise out of VA? LOL

Hey All~

Tracy...you look so much thinner. Look at your first pic in your signature, and then this one...OMG!! Your amazing.

Have a great night!

I would love to get the copy of your nutritionist's eating plan.

Is it all typed out so all you have to do is photo copy it?

I am not sure how much one would charge me here to see one.

They only have them at the hospital, and I am sure it would

be expensive. I am pretty broke right now, but also depressed'

to know everyone else is losing like crazy and I have been stuck for

2 months. :help: Denise

No problem, PM your address and I'll put it in the mail, OR you can wait until Jennifur post the one I'm sending her.

hi everyone...what a day

i had half my fill removed and feel like a million dollars. in fact i had my first meal without having to walk around since i was banded.

anyway just wanted to check back in and will speak tomorrow

Good morning violets!! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

TracyKS-you are just too cute! Big differences! Congrats!

Josie-I am happy after my unfill too! Hope yours continues to be good for you!

Judy-Beautiful flower beds!! Lots of work I am sure, but they are beautiful! I was not blessed with the green thumb my mom has. I had a cactus once and it died! lol

Denise-glad to hear that your fill is working so far! Cool!

Terri-hiya chickkie!!

Pamela-It is so good to see you back and posting regularly again!

Kat-is Kinsey fully recovered now? I sure hope so! Did you write out the 0.00 check? lol

Everyone have an awesome day! And remember what Judy always says....

Good Morning everyone! Thanks for all the kind comments on my pic...

Terry: I got up and went to the gym this morning!

Judy: Your flower beds are so pretty!!!!! I love the tree face planter very whimsical.

Jennifur: congrats on the mini skirt!

I really toned down my carbs and upped my Water yesterday and I think I'll take the lost pounds!!!!!!!!!! I know I will be stalling before too long, so I'm enjoying the ride down while I can... at 4:20 a.m. I weighed 237.6! My next fill is in two weeks I hope he still gives me one even though I'm going to show around 15-20 lbs lost since my last one.. (I was really water bloated after my trip)

Have a great day, I'll be back later to check in.

Good morning all

I'm up and about not sure about the plan for today. I have to be to work at 4 so who knows. I think the gym fits in there somewhere.

Looks like everyone is off to a great start today. i am going to have a scrambled egg with veggies in it for Breakfast, my plumbing is finally working and I am going to work hard to keep it that way.

today is day 1 of a 1400 cal diet so I'll keep you posted. I am back down to 218 today so that was good to wake up to.

Morning ladies!

Thought I better check in before yet another day gets away from me as they have been doing!!

Kinsey is so much better! She did not complain of her tummy hurting at all yesterday, and all but ate me out of house and home! She is a bottomless pit suddenly!!! And she has 0 patience, she asks for whatever she wants, for instance she wanted some toast yesterday morning, so I put the bread in the toaster, and she keeps telling me "Please Granny, I hungry, I want toast." I think she believes we are reverting to our ways in the hospital, and ignoring her hunger! Today I am taking the 2 girls to get some pictures done. We were going to do the pics around the 4th of July in some outfits my Mom got them, and with Kinsey in the hospital, we are just now getting them done. Better late than never I suppose.

So Terry, did you call about your brown spot? I have a darker spot on my stomach that I have had since my teenage years, it is a pigmentation abnormality of some sort. Now it is not bad, but I was horrified by it as a kid---and refused to show of some seriously defined abs!!! If I had them now, I'd paint my belly all different colors and show it off!!!! Let us know what you find out!

Tracy, your face really has thinned down! I feel like mine has some days, others....I feel like I did 2 years ago! Wierd how the mind works, gives me a much beter understanding of anorexia....kinda scary.

Hope all of you meeting Texans have a great time, can't wait to see the pics. I am going to do my next set of progression pictures in 3 more pounds. I need to update my ticker to show the last pound I lost---I am much more careful not to regain it, if I show it, but I refuse to show it until the weight stays off for a couple of days. Anyway, when I lose those 3 pounds, it will make 100. That seems big to me! I also find myself wondering about celebrating it---like I shouldn't Celebrate it, I should never have let it get that out of control. But it is IN control again, so celebrate I shall! I am finally learning to celebrate with something other than food! It is no wonder I got so fat! 100 pounds is going to find me on the massage table!!! Ironically then I will regain 3-4 pounds for a day or so until the Fluid retention my muscles go into balances!

Judy, the flowers look wonderful! Mine are surviving. The week before my big anniversary party for my parents, Rick was fertilizing the yard, when he lets out a gasp, he had grabbed the wrong bag, and "fed" my flower beds, weed & feed! We flushed them, repeatedly, and only ended up losing some of the pansies---they seemed pretty delicate, and affected more by it. I am just glad the rest made it! I have bought a couple more bags of bulbs...I am stockpiling, and come fall I am going to be planting for hours!!! I love lillies, so I have kinda gone overboard! But they are so pretty, and soooooo easy! Let us know how your garden tour turns out!

Well I made it to Curves yesterday---and found out they sold to a new owner. She has lots of new plans she said, for more fun things to do. I am glad I just bought the new shoes, she prefers no street shoes....so I at least have that covered! I'll just wear my flip flops til I get there and change!

Then I come home and scrubbed down a trailer for DH. He built this awesome trailer to pull behind our big bike, for long trips. He went into the bike shop and got the color code for our bike which is 2 toned, dark cherry red, with metal flake. Went to the paint store---got the paint, come home, prepped the trailer, and got the compressor set up, the garage draped, and opened the paint to find it purple! He called the paint shop, the guy told him it would change with the top clear coat, to the deeper color.........wrong! We had a PURPLE trailer, he was irate to say the least. We left and went to dinner, and to the car show, but he kept looking at his hand where he of course got paint, and shaking his head. So we took it in yesterday, and the woman was very nice, and admitted it was her mistake right away, and went about figuring out what she did...she entered it in the computer as a RT219 and it was supposed to be a RM219. So she gave us new paint, and catlyst, and all the supplies we wasted, and apologized repeatedly. It was so nice to have pleasant help, and someone who admitted a wrong instead of passing the buck!!! It did take the wind out of my sails though I went in prepared to battle it out!!!! So I come home and wahed it, and roughed the paint, so Rick could paint it the right color! Which he did last night, and it looks AWESOME!!! He also painted my black helmet to match. It is an open face and so much cooler in the summer....except it was black, which is not cool in any way! Should be some better now. He was so happy it matched finally!!! We want to use it this weekend for the rally we are going to.

Well I better go get girls in the tub so we can do pcitures in a bit.

Everyone have a great day---good luck with the new fills, and the nutrition appointments....will be thinking of you all!

Kat

Morning Violets~

Well I woke up at 5:30, and thought I was gonna go to gym. Susanne was gone, and I went down the hall way, only to find her painting the closet ( I have this huge room I've converted to a closet, had Closet World come and do some great built-ins). So I will be helping her today. No gym, but that is ok. I did great yesterday, and will go tomorrow beofre my fill!

Yesterday, we cleaned this closet out...until 8 last night. I was so tired and starving...ate left overs of chick, cauliflower, and mashers. But we cleaned out so much crap, old clothes and old shoes...felt great to get rid of that.

Ok, I should get off the puter and help Susanne, lol. I don't think she even noticed I've slipped out of the room, haha.

Have a great day ladies! Hugs to all!

Good Tuesday Morning, Violets!~~

Today was weekly weigh-in day & it read 285, which is down 2, so I'll take it! We're all just shrinking away!

And speaking of shrinking... TRACY! You go girl! You look fan-tab-u-lous... but please... act happy & SMILE next time!

Jenn... your plan sounds great & glad to hear about the plumbing! :)

Judy... Your gardens are amazing! It must be all the TLC you give them!

Kat... So glad Kinsey is doing well! You're always so busy, I never know what to comment on!

Hi Pam!... I definitely think painting counts as exercise!

Hi other Tracy... Have a great day!

We're back home & the place is a shambles... I've got to work AND clean the house today... oh, and laundry!... & the kids will want to go to the pool... if only I could clone myself!

Make it a great day, everyone!