Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

4th glass almost done!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle: Like You I'm floating today (trying to flush out all that crap I ate over the weekend) I want back in the 240's and I REALLY wanted to be in the 230's for my June 1 pic! If I don't get on the ball now.. I won't be there.

Kat: That sounds like an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats Angie for making it to the 180's!!!!!!!!!

Ok..must p

Hi Tracy,

My name is Stacy i am a wife and mother of one. I am 32 years old and was just banded on April 30th 2007. Today i am two weeks post-op. I was banded in Atlanta Ga. By DR. Edward Lin. My journy has be wonderful so far. I really just wanted to know how to get added to your Shrinking violets list.

Thanks

Stacy

I keep thinking I will catch up reading, but then something is going on, and I cannot get the next page to load up---must be working on the site still. What a process!!!

Judy---yea!!!! DH got approved, I am so glad, it will make such a difference in his life, and that of y'all together. I am so happy for you!!!

Lunasa---hang in there. Marriage is not always easy. We are continually changing, and we have to work the changes out. With your surgery, the changes may come fast and furious for awhile. Find some common ground and at least talk about that. It sometimes makes getting around to talking about the hard stuff a little easier. We have some good friends, who are having serious problems...and there is nothing anyone can do to help at this point. He was tragically paralyzed from the neck down in an accident 2 years ago. She has been right there, but he is becoming so despondant he is verbally abusive to her and their teenage daughter. They also have a 22 year old son, who is away at college, and furious with his Mom for contemplating her options at this point.....All we can do is support her as well as him in any way possible, it is a difficult situation. As I am sure yours is....I will be thinking good thoughts for you and your DH and that you can find a common ground to reconnect on.

Jennifur----hoping you find the rigth job for you very soon. I will PM you my home #....if you ever just need to talk. Actually any of you can have it....I would enjoy talking with any of you!!! And btw---thanks for worrying about me while I was out of touch---that was sweet!!!

Pamela---I am SO SORRY about your Dad. I cannot imagine getting that news. I am sending you a giant cyber hug.....know you will always have us your LBT family as well as your partners family. I do know it isn't the same. But you can never have too much love....so know we are here to help you through these hard times. Big giant hugs to you.

When I can get back to read some more, I will---but right now I am being recruited to push the granddaughters swing. She has been such a sweetie today I simply cannot say no!!!! BBL

Kat

Hi Tracy,

My name is Stacy i am a wife and mother of one. I am 32 years old and was just banded on April 30th 2007. Today i am two weeks post-op. I was banded in Atlanta Ga. By DR. Edward Lin. My journy has be wonderful so far. I really just wanted to know how to get added to your Shrinking violets list.

Thanks

Stacy

Welcome Stacy!! If Tracy hasn't added you already, I'm sure she will as soon as she gets back here. Nice to have yet another Shrink'n Violet join our group!!

Just got back from Curves and had a half cup of DH's beanless chili with some cheese melted on top. Dessert was a snack cup of mandarin oranges.. yums. I'm off to another rehearsal tonight and then will have my yogurt with Fiber Sure for my evening snack while I watch King of Queens.

Everybody have a great night!!

Oh one more thing! Who was getting in the 70+ grams of Protein a day and how?

I roughly get 70 grams of protein a day. 1 New Whey Liquid Protein for Breakfast (42 grams), 1 Low Carb SlimFast (20 grams) for Snacks and then whatever protein I can fit in for meals. I still can't fit more than 1/8 - 1/4 cup of solids per meal in yet (was banded April 11), but I am getting plenty of protein. If you drink the New whey bullet, it really is not difficult to get what you need daily.

I'm with Bubbles.. I drink the IDS New Whey Protein test tubes.. 42g in a bullet, so I drink half in the morning, and half at night if I didn't get all the protein I needed throughout the day (from meat or whatever). I don't do Protein Shakes since I got the new whey stuff. I can do 1/2 test tube in 2 gulps now, so I just take my 2 gulps, chase it with Water and I'm done. Glad you brought that up, I need to re-order.. all I have left are the 25g test tubes, and getting a whole one down (of the blue flavor, which I do NOT like), is rough. Had to hold my nose, made me gag.

Just some info on my weird day. We've officially started planning the wedding. I had been collecting ideas since we decided Dec. this year (we decided Dec. of last year). I've narrowed the place down to 1 really, I called around a few places I was thinking about, and I only really liked the answers of one --

Annabella Weddings-Photos5

It's called Annabella.. it's up toward the mountains.. I originally wanted it ON the mountain, but everything for weddings is outdoor, and outdoor on a mountain top in December is just asking for something to go wrong.

Annabella has a nice indoor area, for wedding (it says 'and/or' reception).

I want the wedding AND reception there, but after wedding, where would people go in between time while they set up? I'm going to tour the place tomorrow night to get more information, if it all checks out, enough room, etc.. that's where we're going to book it.

Then I realized there's sooo much to get together.. some places in TN offer like everything in a package.. Annabella only includes the place, chairs, and tables and they set that stuff up.. but I have to get my own caterer, cakes, flowers, minister, etc..

We don't go to church so I don't have a minister, so that's a big issue for us right now. I sent e-mails to a DJ company, cake company, flower company and caterer this morning to get more info.. DJ company and flower company only ones that got back saying to call someone else for info...this is going to be a big headache, day 1 of thinking about it and I'm already stressed! :eek:

We started compiling the guest list too.. I didn't think we'd have that many, but just between he and I and our work friends, we came up with 80 names.. that's not including my parent's friends or his family's friends..

Laura - I coordinate special events for my company and I know how complicated this can get! Have you considered hiring a wedding planner? They are wonderful sources because they've got so much experience and know the good venues, good caterers, the good DJ's, the good florists, etc. They really are worth their weight in gold.....IF THEY'RE GOOD at their jobs. Ask for references, talk to the brides who've worked with them. They work on a sliding scale of what things they arrange....all or parts.

I tried to post this morning, but couldn't get through. I gained one pound this week. Monday is weigh in day for me. So far I am up 3 pounds the past two weeks. When I saw the Dr. last Thursday I was still down 17 pounds since I last saw her, so she is okay with that. My problem is that I am eating WAY TOOO MUCH. I have no restriction, and I feel like I am reverting back to my old ways. I have a fill scheduled for the 24 of the May, so that is soon. Plus I am starting back to work tomorrow. I wish I had another week or two off work to recover from this hernia repair, but I don't, and if I did I would probably just eat. Don't feel great, so I am just kind of laying around watching tv, and thinking about food. Plus I am ready to start anyday now, I am late, but that is too be expected I am sure after the lap band and the hernia repair. Maybe I am just on a low spot, and this will pass.

I am so glad that I have this site to unload. I live by myself and am not dating anyone right now, so only the dust bunnies hear me, and I am not sure they are good listeners. It is nice to have the encouragement of Tracy to drink our Water, and a sounding board for Pam to talk of her Dad, not to mention Kat who keeps up inspired while handling her struggles with words of knowledge not to mention wisdom. I am glad I found this site and look forward to reading all the posts and if I don't comment know that it is a silent bit of encouragement or a small prayer.

Jane

Hi everyone. Just checking in for the night, Tracy, you are silly with the Water challange, but good motivation. That is one thing I've been great at doing.

Kat, so glad you are back and you had a good weekend. Thank you, I'll look for your number, I might take you up on that.

Laura, I guess your life is crazy, just as crazy as mine, just different. I think the wedding planner idea sounds perfect for you. With weight loss, building a new home and planning a wedding all at the same time, plus work!!! man, that makes me tired thinking about it.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good night. Stay strong, you are all wonderful people!

I actually enjoyed the cruise very much, even the meals. I just ate a little bit of each course and was satisfied & full. Plus they had light options which tasted great. The hardest part was refraining from drinking liquids, but I did it. I am just happy this is working! :-)

I have to ask - Just HOW MUCH food is everyone able to eat?? I ate a baked potatoe (small) and 2 chicken wings (meat only) tonight for dinner....very easy.

It's weird because I don't feel hungry, it's just that I know I need my nutrients (I know, I know....then why eat a baked potato?? It was yummy?)

I think I just need a fill so that I CAN'T eat that much...I've been counting calories and I'm taking in about 900-1100 calories a day...I also seem to be stuck at - 12 lbs. I'm still at 242 for the past week...I continue to exercise and stay under 1200 calories a day.... *sigh*

Any advice or input? :help: