Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I want to say goodnight to all my banding sisters and brothers. You are all in my thoughts tomorrow and every day.

I have had a crazy few days so spend most of the time on here getting caught up. Everyone is so wonderful and I love seeing that you are all getting home the same day and doing well!

Ok the panties thing... cracking me up! I never thought about it. and thank goodness I won't have to worry about the other thing... but i do have to worry about how i'm going to get my body jewelry out, which is almost as bad - LOL

Still no word from Sara Mos, huh? I forget, maybe she had to travel or had an overnight stay or something? I wish she'd post!!

Okay, I've been pretty calm up to this point, but I have to say that I am indeed pretty nervous now. I don't know how I"ll ever sleep. I'm loading up on Water and (since I'm not on liquids) went out for a nice LC dinner but only ate a small portion. I really am OK, but nervous. Not overly so, but nervous. There is no argument that this is a life-altering surgery and I suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I guess I'm not exactly "excited" at this point...not like I was. I only want this next month or two to be over with. I made the FATAL mistake of browsing the "complications" threads last night only for a short while and that's what got me going. If I weren't 1000% confident in my surgeon I'd probably be having major apprehension now. But he is the best there is and I live in a city that is home to some of the best hospitals in the country. I'll be fine. No, I'll be better than fine. I just need to get this part over with. How am I going to sleep???

ShineOn and I have the same surgeon and the same date....but different hospitals!! Can you believe that? Shine--I go in to Park Plaza at 8:30...so I'm after you. I wish we could be in together...that would be very comforting. I hope you'll check in tomorrow afternoon so I'll know you're ok.

I can't believe how our "family" has grown!!! Thanks everyone for everything. Ya'll are just the greatest. :D

TERRI: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm excited for you!

This time tomorrow you'll be in band land telling us all about how you can't quit burping and farting!

ShineOn: Your prayer is great, and you will do fine!!!!!!!!!!!

Squale: Glad to see that you are doing great and just to let you know we really appreciate Lorraine taking the time to post for you! (THANKS LORRAINE!!!!

Everyone else: Have a great night. I can not believe it band time!

Wooooooohoooooooo!

Well everyone, this is my last post until after surgery (if I am able to get to a PC). I leave for San Diego tomorrow morning at 5:00 am and have surgery Thursday morning.

I'm extremely nervous since I'm going alone... but am sure things will be ok. Please keep me in your thoughts! :nervous

YOUR DAY HAS COME! LET THE LOSING BEGIN!

:clap2: :happybday: (Thats Band Birthday!)

TerriDoodle - 04/04

TexasP - 04/04

SkinnySomeday -04/04

Wannabethin - 04/04

ShineOn - 04/04

LJWILGeNHOF - 04/04

(((((Tracy))))) Thanks so much for always being SO supportive and being our very best cheerleader! :cheer2: You are a doll.

Only Me: hey I think your surgery center has internet! Post when you feel up to it, and be safe in your travels. Although you are going alone... WE WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU!

Terri: Yeah well you better be still around the boards when my time comes! I may just do a superfreak :D

As a rule I stay away from the complications board........ I figure if I stick to the bandster rules and don't try to stuff cheeseburgers down my throat, I will be ok.......

I read this really cool reference from a local doc, and they explained that our opening (when adjusted correctly) is about the size of a pencil eraser!

That was eye opening to me............ cause you tell me how you are going to stuff a piece of french bread down a hole the size of an eraser!

No WONDER it hurts and feels like a golf ball!

I can NOT wait til its my turn... even though I will have to give up caffienated coffee for a month! (THE HORROR)

And if the cheerleader suit would fit, I would dang sure wear it! LOL

How's everyone doing on their pro-op diets (those that have to do this)?

I started the diet early due to very bad eating recently, and I lost 7 pounds in 4 days! If I had known I could lose that much so quickly, it would have made the first 2 days easier.

Just want to give some encouragement to anyone who is struggling with this.

How will tomorrow be? I don't know. But I am stickin' to it!

When somebody asked in our seminar about pills, Dr. Spivak said something like "as a general rule, don't swallow anything that won't go through a straw"....so that 'fits' with your eraser analogy, Tracy. That 'visual' has helped me when I've been practicing my chewing, chewing, chewing.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! It really helps to know you are thinking about those of us in surgery tomorrow.

Terri - Good luck to you. Spivak will warm up with me then I will send him over to you. :D I will post as soon as I am able.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Keep the prayers and positive vibes coming!!

Ok I am offically freaking out! Suregeon's office called today to say EKG from pre op test was no good I needed to get another one to be cleared for surgery. Went to my PCP and got another EKG this one was bad as well!! He then had me have an echo cardiagram and I have to see a cardiologist tomorrow!! I have never had heart trouble, blood pressure is fine, EKG says it looks like I have had a heart attack. I have never even had chest pain.

I am staying on liquids and continuing to prep for surgery on Thurs. Hopefully the cardiologist can clear me and there is nothing wrong with my heart!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will let you know how I make out.

SchexyMomma: I am DONE with day 2!!!!!!! we shall see what the scale says in the morning.. and I am in MAJOR ketosis and if you don't believe me.. well you should come a little closer to your PC screen so that I can BREATHE ON YOU! :D lovingly referred to as KETOBreath, DragonBreath.. by low carbers.......... LOL

I LOVE IT BECAUSE it MEANS that I've started burning fat for fuel.....

BRING ON THE BADBREATH!!!!!!!!!!

They sell the Protein Powder at Walmart? Thats soo good to know becuz ive been wondering where to get it from!!!:clap2:

Also, Sam's, GNC, on line I foud this great site vitamake.com and they have great prices. I purchased some "Any whey Protein" that is tasteless and can be put in anything. You can even bake with it!!!

I purchased the 2lb size and it was $13.95 plus shipping. Other places and sites sell it the 1 lb size for the same amount. Try there.

:hungry:

Gr8ful gal: HUGS!!! Please let us know what happens!

OK>. I'm going to bed now!

Dragonbreath signing offffffff............