Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tada......January 2013 Post-op!!!!!

Here were are on the losers bench (well not me yet but almost)...Let's keep up the super-amazing support we started with Wdwfreak's help! Post away ladies and gents: anything you want/need to talk about, vent, ask others, think might be helpful to share. What an awesome place to find/be a resource. :D

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3, Federal Way, WA

Thynnlynn - Jan 4, Ypsilanti, MI

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7, St Vincent, Camel, IN

Truebind - Jan 7

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9, San Antonio, TX

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

Lovealways - Jan 15, Long Island, NY

Mrs.mda - Jan 15

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Dotie316 - Jan 21 - Germany

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22

Workingmotherofthree - Jan 23

Niemie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Aimee - Jan 28

PianoMom1 - Jan 29, St Vincent Carmel, Indianapolis IN

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

Jessica9190 - TBD

Thanks for starting this thread! Please keep us posted on how you are doing once you feel up to it. Good luck tomorrow!!!!!

Haha, if I took nothing else it would be my phone and charger so I can keep in touch! Oh, and clean chonies! But who am I fooling, I'm packing those three items plus a robe, socks, brush and hair tie, chapstick, earplugs, and sleep mask. If I need anything else my hubby can fetch it. :]

BTW-what I wouldn't do for a candy bar right now..... grrr :blink:

Went in to surgery about 10:30 and was in my room around noon. Had to have two different IVs. I hate needles. Woke up feeling pretty good. Bruises all over my arms. The tried 6 different places to get an Iv. The surgical team prayed with me before I went under. Woke up ready to start everything new. I was ready to walk. They said usually people only walk from their bed to door and back at first. I walked 2 laps then my second walk was 3 laps. I walked over 2 miles in the time I was there. My first IV busted today in my hand,pain...wow. Plus my hand looks horrible. Gross. Had a lot of blood taken

It wasn't horrible but man I'm I happy to be home. Having some more intense pain. Have good meds. My Tate buds have already changed. Jello is way to sweet and the yogurt that I tried was sweet as well. Gained almost 10lbs in the hospital due to all the fluids they pump into you.

Haha' date=' if I took nothing else it would be my phone and charger so I can keep in touch! Oh, and clean chonies! But who am I fooling, I'm packing those three items plus a robe, socks, brush and hair tie, chapstick, earplugs, and sleep mask. If I need anything else my hubby can fetch it. :']

BTW-what I wouldn't do for a candy bar right now..... grrr :blink:

I would only take a change of clothes, chonies, personal hygiene stuff, phone, and charger ..You won't be there long enough... Best of luck!

Was it a 2 or 3 day hospital stay for those who are post-op?

Went in to surgery about 10:30 and was in my room around noon. Had to have two different IVs. I hate needles. Woke up feeling pretty good. Bruises all over my arms. The tried 6 different places to get an Iv. The surgical team prayed with me before I went under. Woke up ready to start everything new. I was ready to walk. They said usually people only walk from their bed to door and back at first. I walked 2 laps then my second walk was 3 laps. I walked over 2 miles in the time I was there. My first IV busted today in my hand' date='pain...wow. Plus my hand looks horrible. Gross. Had a lot of blood taken

It wasn't horrible but man I'm I happy to be home. Having some more intense pain. Have good meds. My Tate buds have already changed. Jello is way to sweet and the yogurt that I tried was sweet as well. Gained almost 10lbs in the hospital due to all the fluids they pump into you.[/quote']

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. Please keep us updated on how you are. Be safe and congrats!!!!

Went in to surgery about 10:30 and was in my room around noon. Had to have two different IVs. I hate needles. Woke up feeling pretty good. Bruises all over my arms. The tried 6 different places to get an Iv. The surgical team prayed with me before I went under. Woke up ready to start everything new. I was ready to walk. They said usually people only walk from their bed to door and back at first. I walked 2 laps then my second walk was 3 laps. I walked over 2 miles in the time I was there. My first IV busted today in my hand' date='pain...wow. Plus my hand looks horrible. Gross. Had a lot of blood taken

It wasn't horrible but man I'm I happy to be home. Having some more intense pain. Have good meds. My Tate buds have already changed. Jello is way to sweet and the yogurt that I tried was sweet as well. Gained almost 10lbs in the hospital due to all the fluids they pump into you.[/quote']

Yikes-seems like a lot of needle issues for someone who is so afraid of them! But-sounds like you did awesome from what I just read. Congrats. I bet you didn't even need my gooberish distraction techniques! Lol take care and quick healing to ya.

Joining in on the post-op group. I feel amazingly well and my pain is minimal. As I said in the pre-op post, the coolest/weirdest part is how I can only hold a sip every 15 minutes. I feel actually full as if I had eaten 6 plates at a Chinese buffet. I look forward to all the posts, I never imagined that an online support group could be so comforting.

OMYGeee...The day has finally come!!!! Heading to the hospital in an hour, my surgery is at 9:30am. After that, make room for me on the losers bench cause I've got a hot date with a thinner, healthier me!

I'm prepared, (I think) and excited, nervous, ready for it, but it does feel surreal.

OMYGeee...The day has finally come!!!! Heading to the hospital in an hour' date=' my surgery is at 9:30am. After that, make room for me on the losers bench cause I've got a hot date with a thinner, healthier me!

I'm prepared, (I think) and excited, nervous, ready for it, but it does feel surreal.[/quote']

You'll do great!! How long will you be in hospital?

You'll do great!! How long will you be in hospital?

Thanks. He said 1-2 days, kind of depends on the hernia and all that. Hoping for just 1, I can never rest with all the beeping and lights. I'm prepared for the walking but sleep in between will be appreciated. :)

I'm finally on the losers bench.. Doctors say I may go home today.. I can say this has been an experience that will change my life forever. I now understand what the others are saying about the pain.. Gas pains! Wow! Just glad the hard part is over.. Please continue to pray for a full recovery

Yikes-seems like a lot of needle issues for someone who is so afraid of them! But-sounds like you did awesome from what I just read. Congrats. I bet you didn't even need my gooberish distraction techniques! Lol take care and quick healing to ya.

I did think of ya. Lol. A lot of needles. My veins were running for the hills. I was sooo mad with myself. But oh well. Lol. Thanks for the help. Yesterday was a very painful day.

Frogjr you are a champ!! Walking that much right away!!! I was so tired couldn't keep my eyes open to sip or walk. The meds kicked my butt!!

I'm one week post op and had post op blues pretty bad day 3,4 and 5. I haven't cried the past 2 days, so that is good news!! Stopped taking pain meds on day 5. I'm so tired of Jello, broth and popsicles!!! Powerade helped getting extra liquids down. I've had diahhrea every day since day 3. This morning I don't even want to drink cuz it cramping. My Dr said I might have an infection in my colon so I have to go back in. I did try some foods yesterday so I wonder if its the dumping?? It's been a crazy week but I'm glad to be post op now!!!