Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just starting out

Hello all. I am 28 from Illinois. I am just starting out and go to my first informational appt on the 16th. I am 270 lbs with a bmi of 42. I would love to keep in contact with people that have gone through the process.

Hello Amanda and welcome! That's exciting you had your informational meeting. Do you have a time frame for when you may have the surgery? Do you have a 3 month, 6 month wait? Everyone is super helpful here so feel free to ask anything!

Thanks for replying!

I have to see a nutritionist for 6 months. Not sure what goes on during that.

Thanks for replying!

I have to see a nutritionist for 6 months. Not sure what goes on during that.

Omg not looking forward to that. I am calling around to some of the weight loss places to see is I have a 3 or 6 month consecutive weigh in with them to knock off some of the time. I am so eager to have my surgery. I can't see myself like this for another 6 mos ( sad face )

Hello all. I am 28 from Illinois. I am just starting out and go to my first informational appt on the 16th. I am 270 lbs with a bmi of 42. I would love to keep in contact with people that have gone through the process.

Hey Amanda, you have to be patient although its hard. My process was only 3 months because I have Tricare. That wait was long enough so I understand. I had my surgery Dec 7, 2012. Still all very new. Patience will be your best friend. Also use the time to research and changing your eating, so the transition will be easier. Good luck!!!

Hi amanda I know how you feel. I'm 29 and I am just starting. I have done my siminar and am now waithing for my consultation. I think waiting might be the hardest part. I am in fl and would love to hear what people went through.

how was your seminar?

Exactly one year ago I went to my first seminar and it seemed like such a long and almost impossible process. Hang in there and don't stress over it too much. The time will fly! Tomorrow is my six month surgiversary and have lost 113 pounds :) it's not always easy but totally worth it! Good luck you guys!!

Wow! That is a ton of weight in such a short amount of time! I just can't wait to jump in there ya know.

I too can't wait for my surgery date. Congrats on the weightloss.

Hi Amanda,

I'm in Illinois as well and my RNY is Monday. Where are you having your surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I am having mine done at new life center in herrin illinois. How about you

Hey Amanda' date=' you have to be patient although its hard. My process was only 3 months because I have Tricare. That wait was long enough so I understand. I had my surgery Dec 7, 2012. Still all very new. Patience will be your best friend. Also use the time to research and changing your eating, so the transition will be easier. Good luck!!![/quote']

And how have u been doing in your journey?

:-)

My seminar with doctor Bass was awsome. He was helpful and patient with all my questions. I see my nutritionist. 2/19. Have to see her 3 times then surgery in may or june! I'm excited!

Awesome!

Sounds like you don't have to complete a 6 month diet thingy.

I'm about a month into mine. I've done my labs, ekg, and chest xray. I need to get a script for vit d deficiency. My doctor requires patients to go to 3 support group meetings, and I've went to 1 so far.

I am trying to be more active. Lately it's been getting colder (down in the 30s) so it makes it hard to want to get out and move. I did purchase a recumbent bike, can't wait to get that!!

Hope everyone is well!!