Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

I too was told that the heaviest instruments are used on the left side and that they have to go through muscle on the left side as well. I am still very tender there, especially when getting up and down out of a chair or our bed. It burns more than anything else right now but I am sure that it will be better within a few more days. I am only four days post-op right now.

I too was told that the heaviest instruments are used on the left side and that they have to go through muscle on the left side as well. I am still very tender there, especially when getting up and down out of a chair or our bed. It burns more than anything else right now but I am sure that it will be better within a few more days. I am only four days post-op right now.

I am also tender in this area. I finally feel human again today. I am home and finally got a shower. I sitting up and feeling pretty good. pushing getting my fluids in and eating 2oz every 2 hours until I can get everything in. I am getting a bit tired now but I expect that as my body is recovering. It is so cold here. I can hardly wait until I can go outside and walk. I think that will help me a whole lot. :)

I had my revision on Thursay jan.31' date=' the surgery went well. I do have JP drain and a q bag, last night the pain was in bearable under my left breast, I was admitted back to the hospital last night... I hope it's just gas but it hurts....especially when I inhale. Has anyone experienced this?[/quote']

Several times in the hospital last week with the hysterectomy, the gas pain came on so fast and became so unbearable that I couldn't breathe. But the pain with this complete hysterectomy has been nothing like the RNY.

I had to have my daughter help me out of bed this morn. I swear if my bladder gets so full, that's even more pain. It's like the gas just wraps around my bladder and makes it very difficult to get up and walk. The pain unbearable.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Slept most of today and didn't get much food Fluid in. Let alone any Protein. Got weak today when I was holding the door open at a store I fell. Been having my fiancé drive me to local stores so I can walk.

Slept most of today and didn't get much food Fluid in. Let alone any Protein. Got weak today when I was holding the door open at a store I fell. Been having my fiancé drive me to local stores so I can walk.

It has been difficult for me to get all of my fluids in too. I feel full sometimes after drinking my Water, so I try to "save room" for my Protein. My husband and I went to Wal-Mart this evening and I was fine until the walk to our car. I started to get worn down and sore then but I'm fine now. Maybe we overdid it? You fell?! Are you okay?!

I am fine from the fall. Just shocked that it happened. I probably overdid it. When I got home I ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Having a hard time not being independent. So far today I have got 8 ounces of Greek yogurt, 46 ounces of Water, and 12 grams of Protein. Still have to get my last dose of Calcium in.

I finally came home, had my band to bypass revision on 1/31. I discharged Friday and was re-admitted Friday night... Thanking everyone for placing me in God's hands!!!! I still have the drain but removed the Q-pack this morning... My discomfort is now how I hear everyone else saying the burning and tenderness to the left side.... Just do glad to be home....

I had RNY on Weds. I have had no nausea since coming home. No real problem eating what I am suppose too. But I am having miserable pain in my left side. Makes it really hard to walk. It is low in my pelvis. like just about my hip bone. Any suggestions.? I am really hurting. I need to be up and walking . HELP

I had RNY on Weds. I have had no nausea since coming home. No real problem eating what I am suppose too. But I am having miserable pain in my left side. Makes it really hard to walk. It is low in my pelvis. like just about my hip bone. Any suggestions.? I am really hurting. I need to be up and walking . HELP

It is either gas which can hurt very bad in that area or the left incisions and the muscles around those incisions which were affected due to most of the work being done in that area. So they will hurt longer than right incisions. That seems to be the consensus. Try walking as often as you can but don't hurt yourself by doing so.

Last week when I had some of the worse pain imaginable after the hysterectomy, I swore gas was trying to force it's way out of one of my sutures. And that was exactly how I described it to the nurse.

I finally came home' date=' had my band to bypass revision on 1/31. I discharged Friday and was re-admitted Friday night... Thanking everyone for placing me in God's hands!!!! I still have the drain but removed the Q-pack this morning... My discomfort is now how I hear everyone else saying the burning and tenderness to the left side.... Just do glad to be home....[/quote']

Most of my tenderness has subsided but the burning on my left side has not. It burns worse when I sneeze, some positions that I move, and sitting down. Thank the good Lord that I have had no complications, but boy is the burning something else. I try to walk as much as I can. I even managed a trip to Wal-Mart last night. What is the deal with the burning?!

Most of my tenderness has subsided but the burning on my left side has not. It burns worse when I sneeze' date=' some positions that I move, and sitting down. Thank the good Lord that I have had no complications, but boy is the burning something else. I try to walk as much as I can. I even managed a trip to Wal-Mart last night. What is the deal with the burning?![/quote']

The burning could be a pulling on stitches. I get that on my right side w my newest surgery. Hurts A LOT :-( Maybe someone in the medical biz could give us am answer. Mine is just a somewhat educated guess.

I am starting this so all of us who are beginning 2013 in a big way can share stories' date=' advice and experiences.

My surgery date is 1/21/13 and this has been a year long journey for me. I began last December with a physical and my Dr. and I decided it was time. I had to go through 6 months of weigh-ins and visits with the nutritionist before I was even allowed to see the surgeon. I finally met him in July and then was given a whole new list of tests and appointments that needed to be done. My insurance finally approved me earlier this month, but only for surgery after January 1, so January 21st it is.

I am so excited to start this journey and thank you all in advance for sharing your experiences here![/quote']

I also had my surgery Jan 21,2013 in Miami, how is your post op diet going? I'm on liquid diet for another month or so then I can move on to puree once nutritionist plays it .

I love coming back to read this blog

So it's official I can have veggies and some fruits. I have lost 36 lbs in three months and now don't have to see the surgeon until my year mark. I have a total of 30 lbs to go.