Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

@wheathin I am also going tomorrow and the surgery isn't what I have concerns about.

I am less than 24 hours away from my RNY and to be honest I don't know whether I'm scared or not. The biggest part of me is just ready to get the ball rolling and have that part over with. The other part of me is wondering what happens to my family if for some unknown reason that I don't make it out of surgery. Is anyone else or was anyone else worried about this as well? We all know that there is a risk' date=' but I pray that the benefits far outweigh the risks for me. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am for my 7:30am surgery which means the hubby and I have to be on the road by 4:00am. Ugh! At least I will have more time to recover which means I will work my butt off to come home on Wednesday.

My prayers are with you all, as always, but especially my fellow surgery buddies that will be going in tomorrow. I will try to keep you guys updated the best I can. dde0a[/quote']

My prayers are with you! No, you are not the only person with these feelings, I am extremely scared, feelings are all over the place.... Just know it's in Gods hands and were headed to a new beginning! Please keep us updated. I'm scheduled for Thursday @ 1030!

Mine is also less than 24 hours away. I am scared, nervous, and excited!!! I kept worrying that something is going to happen and I will leave my son without a mother. But on the other hand know that without this surgery my health will start to decline. I have pcos and if dont change things soon will end up being diabetic, have hypertension, and more health issues. I just can't wait to be done with the surgery and starting a healthier life.

@wheathin I am also going tomorrow and the surgery isn't what I have concerns about.

My prayers are with you sweetie. :) Are you worried about the anesthesia? That is what worries me.

No about if I am going to throw up or diarrhea or anything weird like that. I had back fusion surgery three years ago I can take the pain and anesthesia.

I am less than 24 hours away from my RNY and to be honest I don't know whether I'm scared or not. The biggest part of me is just ready to get the ball rolling and have that part over with. The other part of me is wondering what happens to my family if for some unknown reason that I don't make it out of surgery. Is anyone else or was anyone else worried about this as well? We all know that there is a risk, but I pray that the benefits far outweigh the risks for me. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am for my 7:30am surgery which means the hubby and I have to be on the road by 4:00am. Ugh! At least I will have more time to recover which means I will work my butt off to come home on Wednesday.

My prayers are with you all, as always, but especially my fellow surgery buddies that will be going in tomorrow. I will try to keep you guys updated the best I can.

OMG Are you in my Head??? I have been thinking this exact same thing. I know that it is unlikely to happen but what if it does? I am scheduled for Wednesday at 7:30 a.m . I am excited and scared.I am worried about complications and how I am going to feel after the surgery. My prayers are with you . We are going to be fine and we need to think positive about this.

I wasn't worried about the pain, the puking, anything. I was ready for it all. I was terrified of leaving my daughter at my dads the day of surgery and never seeing her again. I was terrified! It's normal I think. I woke up from surgery and I fought my ass off to get home to her as soon as possible (less than 24hrs after surgery I was home). I'm 2 weeks post op today and have had a seriously smooth ride. I've lost 21lbs since surgery almost 18in over all. And I was out and about slowly but out with my daughter the day after I came home.

I hope this find you coming up for surgery a little less overwhelmed and frightened.

Hi! I was scheduled for 1/4 but when I went to my pre-op on 12/26 my bloodwork showed that my thyroid was way, way too low. It quir working about 25 years ago and I take 250 mcs of Synthroid daily, but due to sleep deprivation and some other issues, my med schedule got all messed up and they canceled the surgery! I have faithfully been taking my regular dose plus an extra 25 mcgs. I had labs done Thursday and it is now normal. My doc has approved it and I have a call into scheduling. They are scheduling into March and April right now, but I am hoping they feel sorry for me and give me the first cancellation date. As soon as I have this surgery and recover enough, I have to have a big surgery which is going to put my out of commission for quite some time and I am hoping to be all okay by summer.

Hey everyone! Released from hospital yesterday afternoon so only there Thurs-Sun. I can't say this surgery was anything easy. First, the gorked me out of my mind with PCA fentanyl and a fentanly patch. Made me so sleep I could even get up with out almost passing out. So finally Friday after noon (i think) they switched me to liquid Vicodin which still knocks me out but at least not trying to put ice chips in my eyeballs.

Nausea was also terrible. They gave me zofran, vistirl, compazine, reglan. FInally Saturday about noon my nausea subsided and I was able to actually look at really attempting the liquid meals they brought up..

I still have considerable pain under my rib cage left side and left side is the worst side as this is where all the equipment goes. JP drains I had 2 were taken out before I left and that was the only time I cried because when they pulled them out together the left burned and felt like it ripped through everything inside me. I am happy I had them but boy not fun to have taken out.

I also had a hard time with IV's as they would n't last long due to all the meds they were giving me and the speed in which they gave them. I did learn to love my IV tylenol... Made me feel the best.

I am home and just working on getting liquids down as to not become dehydrated. I do have an abdominal binder that is starting to drive me crazy so that might have to go and my doctor said that is okay. My throat was sore for a few days post op due to tube and coughing up anything is a nightmare. Thank goodness it is over -hoping everyday is better. I have follow up appointment on Feb 5 and am full liquids no cereals til then. No appetite at all so I know I wont go nuts... Just thought I would check in... Hopefully as the drug fog leaves me I will converse more but boy am I still out of it. Having my mom go get just plain Tylenol elixer for pain to see if that helps.. And yes,, walk.walk walk and sit up in chair as much as you can. I was compromised most of Thursday and Friday due to nausea, dizziness and being to gorked to know what i was doing .. Good luck to all the future surgeries....

Ok my time tomorrow is 530 in the morning. Excited, nervous,and anxious. Just want this over with.

I wasn't worried about the pain' date=' the puking, anything. I was ready for it all. I was terrified of leaving my daughter at my dads the day of surgery and never seeing her again. I was terrified! It's normal I think. I woke up from surgery and I fought my ass off to get home to her as soon as possible (less than 24hrs after surgery I was home). I'm 2 weeks post op today and have had a seriously smooth ride. I've lost 21lbs since surgery almost 18in over all. And I was out and about slowly but out with my daughter the day after I came home.

I hope this find you coming up for surgery a little less overwhelmed and frightened.[/quote']

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I too am terrified of leaving our four year old son in the morning and never seeing him again. I got very emotional while tucking him into bed last night, so I am sure that tonight will be even worse. However, I know that if I don't do something to help me get the weight off that I most likely won't be here to see him graduate from college or get married. I have vowed that I WILL come home on Wednesday even if I have to walk my legs into bloody stumps. LOL Your post has reassured and comforted me. Thank you!

Thank you' date=' thank you, thank you! I too am terrified of leaving our four year old son in the morning and never seeing him again. I got very emotional while tucking him into bed last night, so I am sure that tonight will be even worse. However, I know that if I don't do something to help me get the weight off that I most likely won't be here to see him graduate from college or get married. I have vowed that I WILL come home on Wednesday even if I have to walk my legs into bloody stumps. LOL Your post has reassured and comforted me. Thank you![/quote']

It was an emotional week the week before. I kept saying little things to her all week about mommy wisdom stuff. You will be fine. You will wake up, groggy, but awake and ready for a new life with your son! I'm here if u need anything. Again, I'm only 2 weeks post op. but I am always here. Stay positive and strong and determined. Fight through the pain and walk. Walk walk walk. Walk for ur son. Determination helps!

I am less than 24 hours away from my RNY and to be honest I don't know whether I'm scared or not. The biggest part of me is just ready to get the ball rolling and have that part over with. The other part of me is wondering what happens to my family if for some unknown reason that I don't make it out of surgery. Is anyone else or was anyone else worried about this as well? We all know that there is a risk' date=' but I pray that the benefits far outweigh the risks for me. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am for my 7:30am surgery which means the hubby and I have to be on the road by 4:00am. Ugh! At least I will have more time to recover which means I will work my butt off to come home on Wednesday.

My prayers are with you all, as always, but especially my fellow surgery buddies that will be going in tomorrow. I will try to keep you guys updated the best I can. ?de0a[/quote']

it is always a risk but u have to calculate yur age current weight and what comorbitities u have into regard.... if like myself i am 29 weighed 292 and only had htn and osa as a comorbitity that i was fairly healthy so i wasnt as worried as most ;)

Neek----->DOS: 1/22/13

My prayers are with you all, as always, but especially my fellow surgery buddies that will be going in tomorrow. I will try to keep you guys updated the best I can. ?de0a[/quote']

i wish the best for u..... and hope to see u on the losing side ;)

Neek----->DOS: 1/22/13