Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

I am starting this so all of us who are beginning 2013 in a big way can share stories, advice and experiences.

My surgery date is 1/21/13 and this has been a year long journey for me. I began last December with a physical and my Dr. and I decided it was time. I had to go through 6 months of weigh-ins and visits with the nutritionist before I was even allowed to see the surgeon. I finally met him in July and then was given a whole new list of tests and appointments that needed to be done. My insurance finally approved me earlier this month, but only for surgery after January 1, so January 21st it is.

I am so excited to start this journey and thank you all in advance for sharing your experiences here!

Hi! I've been on this journey since June when I decided to attend a seminar. After that, I found out I had to do 6 months of weigh-ins. I also had to have a psych eval, meet with the nutritionist, attend two support groups, two sleep studies, cardiology consult, pulmonary consult, sonogram of abdomen to rule out gallstones and see the liver, upper endoscopy, and I think that was it!

Everything is completed!

I have my LAST weigh-in Monday at 1:00pm. Once my PCP faxes over my documentation for 6th weigh-in to my surgeon, the process of reviewing my chart and sending it to my insurance begins. My insurance promises a decision in no more than 2 weeks.

I have no date yet because I need an approval before getting a date, but it should be within the first week of January. At this point, it will DEF be in January!!! Very exciting to have a new years resolution that will actually happen....and a new start to a new year!!! :)

I'll update in here when I get my date :)

Hi lovealways! Our journey's are so similar, I went through all of that as well. What made the process come to a stop in August was the pulmonary consult. He refused to give me clearance until I did a sleep study. Well, as you can imagine, that sleep study confirmed I had sleep apena, so I had to go for a second sleep study to calibrate my Cpap. To make matters worse, the pulmonologist refused to clear me until I had been on the Cpap for 30 days. It was awful, I cried for days I was so angry. I had hoped to have all of this done and have had the surgery in September and he screwed it all up. I have gotten over all of that and know that he did me a favor, but it was really hard at the time.

I am so excited for you! Good luck at your weigh-in on Monday and please keep me posted once you get your surgery date!

actually the surgeons office has to provide a surgery date to insurance for the approval process. cause I got a call from my insurance company saying I was approved but they can't move forward without a surgery date. so I made sure it was taken care of within 30 minutes after talking to them lol.

actually the surgeons office has to provide a surgery date to insurance for the approval process. cause I got a call from my insurance company saying I was approved but they can't move forward without a surgery date. so I made sure it was taken care of within 30 minutes after talking to them lol.

Oh really? I was told I'd receive a date after approval! I am hoping for 2nd week in January. It should def be in Jan if approved though :)

your surgeons office won't give you the date but will to insurance company then finalize it with you upon approval probably. what insurance do you have?

Ok lets get this party started, my date is one year from when I started jumping through all the hoops. And sucessfully, I might add without snappling out on any of the people that I had to work with. God bless the child. Amen and Amen

:D January 31, 2013!!!!!!!!!

your surgeons office won't give you the date but will to insurance company then finalize it with you upon approval probably. what insurance do you have?

United Healthcare Community Plan

Ok lets get this party started' date=' my date is one year from when I started jumping through all the hoops. And sucessfully, I might add without snappling out on any of the people that I had to work with. God bless the child. Amen and Amen

:D January 31, 2013!!!!!!!!! [/quote']

Woooo!!!! Congrats on the date! I can't wait for mine!! 2013 here we come :)

Well, my chart is complete! I finished my 6 months of weigh-ins yesterday. My chart is being submitted to insurance this week. Fingers crossed for an approval. Right now we're looking at the 2nd or 3rd week in January if approved. I can't wait! So nerve wracking though. Good luck everyone!!!! Lets keep this thread active with January dates as they come in!

Yay - you are almost there!!!!!!!! Believe it or not, insurance approval was the quickest part of my entire journey. I hope you hear back quickly and get a date on the calendar soon. I can't tell you how much better I felt after a year of waiting to FINALLY get that date confirmed. Keep us posted!!

Ok lets get this party started, my date is one year from when I started jumping through all the hoops. And sucessfully, I might add without snappling out on any of the people that I had to work with. God bless the child. Amen and Amen

:D January 31, 2013!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!! What a great way to start the new year! :)

I new here I had lapband surgery 12/2011 needing a revision surgery bc of gerd band slipped hernia band up in my esophagus Weightloss failed

Vomiting all the time stomach sore got a second

Opion said he would do a RNY now waiting on insurance approval

Good luck to everyone!! Happy Holidays

My surgery date is January 7th. I'm sooo freaking excited. Been going for it since February

Hope my date is in January! !! Need to feel better

keep in touch