Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Ok so was your stomach after surgery one huge bruise. My incisions are find but the middle of my stomach has the hugest bruise ever

I did read that book, Hippie and enjoyed it, very informative! They also have a numerous weightloss surgery cookbooks. I also enjoyed "Okay, I've gone through weight loss surgery, Now What Do I Do..... I love the information out there but I always use this forum for the information my mind needs! Security blanket! LOL Oh Yeah, and that bruise....had one just like yours, my doctor saw it and apologized. Asked him if something got stuck and he used his foot on my stomach for leverage to remove it.....he's got a great sense of humor, too!

Not having such a great day I know I am getting all my Vitamins and nutrients throught my bag of stuff I have to be on 12 hrs at a time through my at home PICC line but I just have been really nausious and in pain thank god for my husband who keeps trying to convince me I did the right thing for me and my boys who thinks there huggs and kisses are a cure for anything boy I wish they were

I had my 3 week postop today. I had a desolvable stitch from inside, come outside which is why I was having some discomfort around the incision on my left and the doctor removed it. Everything going well so far. I need to drink more and he said to up my Protein to minimum of 50, hopes for 60. Anything less than 40 he said I will have Hair loss around 3 months, so keep it high daily. Water intake was ok. He said to start all my other Vitamins now, so I took those today. I was only taking my mutlivitamin twice a day after surgery and a shot of B12. Major concentration is protein and water and my nut said to start a little weight training since muscle burns calories and most people plato faster, around 3-4 months if they are not doing any weight training. So something to add to my list. He said my energy will increase within the next month as I start eating more. I am only doing about 500 calories right now, so low which he said was ok, but by 6 weeks when I am on regular food he wants to see about 800 and by 1 year around 1200-1500. I hope everyone elses postops go well. I am at 250 according to their scale. Mine says 252, so I will just go off mine for now since that is my weekly weigh in :) I can't wait to be in the 240's :)

here is my first vid post op

Your poor stomach looks so sore, I am happy it doesn't hurt. I didn't get much bruising, but luckily it is only temporary for those who did. I am glad you are doing well!

Not having such a great day I know I am getting all my Vitamins and nutrients throught my bag of stuff I have to be on 12 hrs at a time through my at home PICC line but I just have been really nausious and in pain thank god for my husband who keeps trying to convince me I did the right thing for me and my boys who thinks there huggs and kisses are a cure for anything boy I wish they were

You poor thing, I do think a few months from now when you are all better you will be happy you made the decision. I am so happy you have a great support system. I have boys too, they are the light of my life for sure. I am praying you have a fast recovery. I am happy they have the PICC line in right now for you so you can concentrate on healing and not worrying as much about nutrition. I hope you are better soon, you are in my thoughts!

I got my ice cream..

post-206012-13813132828186_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]2106[/ATTACH]

post-206012-13813132828186_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]2106[/ATTACH]

Yumm, I like that gum. Just remember don't swallow it :) My doc says to not chew much if it causes me to burp since I am getting too much air in my pouch, but if you are not burping he says it is fine, just don't swallow :) Enjoy your ice cream!

Stealing an idea off eggface's website. She makes her Protein Shake into ice cream with an ice cream maker. Might not feel good if cold stuff gives you pouch spazms like me, but one day :)

There is also the weight loss surgery for dummies and it is very good and informative. The guy who wrote it has been spot on with me. I downloaded it on my IPad

There is also Weight Loss for Dummies Cookbook...very informative

I want cheesy carbs and sweet tea. And soda soooo bad' date=' a nice cold coke.[/quote']

I am so in agreement with you on the sweet tea and salad.< /p>

SimplySouthern, you are so strong. Hang in there. It will get better. Are you in less pain now? What did they find out on your last trip to the hospital? I continue o pray or you daily.

I would trade my first born for a coke. True story

Tell on myself...do not know what I was thinking... I got some ginger ale and for what ever reason in my mind thought it was not carbonated. I drank about 2 drinks and realized my mistake but at that point I seemed to have no ill effects...at that time... went to bed at almost midnight set straight up in bed with the worst pain and thought I was dying. It felt like little air bubbles bouncing around in my stomach. I could not burp that was the most miserable pain I have ever felt. I blame it on the drugs that is the only thing I can think of. I will never drink a carbonated drink again.

Hi everyone! I am four weeks post op, my surgery was on 12/05/12. I have lost 43 lbs since surgery and 77 all together. I am finally feeling a little better, I had a tough first 3 weeks. My dr finally put me on anti nausea meds, they work wonders!! My nausea has been so bad non stop for four weeks... Anyways I am happy to have found this forum!!

here is my first vid post op

http://youtu.be/abhvbAYJzxg

You win, my stomach was bruised but more horizontally and not as large of an area. Amazing, but yes it will fade. By the looks of it, could be a while. I still have incisions that are not fully closed, but bruising finally fading. You look marvelous! So glad you are healing well!