Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Darcy - I go for my first visit on Sept. 28th. When I talked to them the first time they said since I will be a self pay it would schedule fast, so we will see. I am ready to get it over with, I am ready to start this journey! You gals are so helpful, I am learning something everyday.

Betty

I'm thinking of going to AA meetings. I don't want to, but my party life has gotten out of control. I don't think I'm an alcoholic, but once I have one drink, I end up staying up drinking till 2:00 a.m. Not good. I had a 50 pound weight loss but have gained some back. I'm too tired to deal with it tonight, but maybe I'll start hitting an AA meeting just for sport. I love my nightlife, going to clubs, dancing, bands, but there's always drinking. Where are those dry clubs?

I'm a picture taking fool! I'll post tons of pics.

I'm not worried about today, but I am worried that I lost all restriction. I hope it's like it's been in the past where suddenly it comes back. I want my darn restriction back, but I'm afraid I may have stretched my pouchy. Poop.

Betty... Have they told you how far out they are booking surgeries???? Not that this will give you an exact date... my surgeon and his office staff told me they were booking two weeks out and my surgery was booked over a month out... but it might give you a better idea of the time frame. I am so sorry that you are paying out of pocket for the whole procedure... but you are right... it will be worth every penny!

Miss Lisa... I think a lot of us have an addictive nature... at least I know that I do. I have used food as a cure-all for everything! What I am learning is that I have to deal with the problems that lead me to self-medicate with food or any other substance. It seems easier to get that quick "feel good" response from food... alcohol... shopping... sex... etc... but in the longrun it makes our life so much more difficult and doesn't provide longlasting happiness. (((hugs))) I hope this will become a journey to a less self-destructive way of dealing with stress and core issues... I know it really has become that for me.

Darcy

Darcy - When I first called and talked to someone I ask how long would it take me to get in and she said "Since you are self pay, right away". It took them a week to call me with the appointment, so I don't know how long after the appointment. I wish I had thought to ask him when he called me. Maybe I will call back and see if I can get a hold of him again and ask.

Lisa - In the town you live in, it would be very hard not to enjoy all the party life. I know it is very hard to say no when everyone around you is drinking. I think the hardest part is saying no to the first one. I too love to dance and love the music too. I really hope you haven't stretched your band, maybe you have just felt like you have. Just start thinking about how great you will look in that black leather sexy outfit riding your Harley! lol When I was at the Harley store the other day, I saw a new hat they had out and thought about you. It says "harley girls rule" and it had bright orange lettering with a couple of rhinestones. Good Luck!

Betty

Betty, you're funny because I'm trying to downplay the whole Harley Girl thing. I laugh at our friend, Chuck, all the time. He's 60 years old. One day out of the blue he rode up on a brand new Harley - huge. One of those touring bikes. A month later he showed up on the bike wearing leather pants, leather vest with tons of Patches, Harley hat, huge Harley belt buckle, Harley boots. I call him Harley Barbie. I think he looks like an idiot but I love him anyway! Sorry, but this one got me cracking up. The bike is fun, and we did get a few patches for a purse and a welding cap, but I don't want to be a biker mamma! Chris even tried doing weird things to the beard he's trying to grow. I told him that if I wanted to marry a biker, I would have married a bad ass dude with tons of money! I don't like driving the bike because my fingers go numb (carpal tunnel) but I'm doing it to stand up for all women across the country - gotta teach men a lesson for all womenkind! He thought he bought himself a $30,000 toy. B.S. I gotta fight fire with fire, and it gives him grey hair every time I get on that bike. As soon as I'm licensed, I'll disappear for hours at a time. I'll probably just go to a friend's house and park it in the garage, but I'll tell him I took it to the mountains or something. He will NOT win this game!

I can't do the weekly weigh-in challenge. Too frustrating. I gained all my weight back that I lot in August, which means if I gain even one pound tonight, I'll have gained weight in August. I got up, walked my dogs, made my shake, had some extra Water and measured out a tiny little tuna lunch. My Portion Control has gotten way out of hand along with my drinking. I obsess over everything, so I've even exercised more than normal. Now I don't want anyone blaming my weight gain on muscle, cuz I haven't beefed up too much. Problem is I'm a compulsive overeater. The band alone isn't doing the trick for me, so I have lots of extra brain-struggling to deal with. It's all in my head. My big, fat, stubborn head!

I'm sorry to hear Lisa that you are struggling with mental issues..I know it is so hard..I too have times when I deal with mental hunger vs. pure physical hunger. For me getting on the scale once a week works, if I get on it everyday and I dont see a loss then I get frustrated and discouraged I feel like all of my hard work was for nothing and it makes it easier for me to binge or fall off the wagon thats just me though. Atleast you are exercising and maybe that obsession will turn things around for you. No you may not be building muscle right away but I know for me that when I start to exercise the first week or two I see no wieght loss becasue it seems as though my muscles are retaining Water or something, I can feel it (does that make sense?) maybe this is what you are experiencing or your body is in shock from all of the exercise. Hang in there, if this were that easy , no one would be overweight huh? 45 pounds in 4 months is fantastic and nothing to be discouraged about. You yourself said it, you set no goals, all you want is to feel better and be healthy..I'm sure with a loss of 45lbs you are experiencing both. Don't give up! Hey and remember you can call me anytime if you need to talk or if you need someone to keep you out of the kitchen!! :)

Leatha - I haven't found a place here to go, that is one of the things I miss most. In Indiana, there was a barand a band everywhere. I am wondering if when they pass the new liquor laws here if we might see some start opening up. It is so different here with the laws. How is the laws in Plano? It is so strange how one county can sell it and the other one can't. I live in Grand Prairie, but if I go 2 exits up into Arlington, I can buy it in the stores.

Betty

I am on the verge of giving up my daily (many times daily) bounce on the scale. :)

I have been more lenient with myself lately and think my weight loss has stopped. While this is not a catastophe, it does have me on an emotional roller coaster.

I am now ready to get serious about REGULAR exercise. I also am going to cut out the extra carbs. I've gradually doubled my intake in the past couple weeks.

My official weigh-in day is Thursday, the day I was banded. This Thursday we will be leaving town until Monday, so I will be away from the scale. It will be a good time to start. I think I'll move down to 2 times a week. Once on Monday and once on Thursday. At least that is progress.

For now, I am cutting the carbs and Snacks, unless a snack is needed. Deep breath....here I go....

Oh, I was thinking of getting a fill, but decided to make these adjustments first and wait another month. I still feel pressure/fullness in my esophagus and don't like the feeling, so I don't want to make it worse. I don't eat more than half a cup, usually, so it isn't pouch-packing, it's just that my throat is sensitive due to my hayfever and I think it is rather narrow. Anyway, trying to adjust my habits first, so I can tell if I need a fill.

It's so great to have these boards so I know that the ups and downs are normal. I wouldn't know what to do at this point if it weren't for others who are willing to share their experiences -- the good and the bad. Thanks to all of you for sharing. :D

So far so good today. I'm having my lunch. I use the Gerber Baby food containers - tuna salad in there. 6 baby carrots, 2 small celery sticks, 2 pieces of bread. Ha ha, not normal bread, just the little cocktail hors'dvours (sp?) ones. It doesn't seem like much, but I should probably eat 1/2 the tuna and 1 bread. But 2 tablespoons of tuna don't cut the mustard for me! I've never had a baby so I don't know how many ounces of baby food fits in this container, but I'm guestimating about 4 ounces.

Way to go Lisa..sounds like you are off to a good start today..if it gets unbearable tonight...CALL ME!! I know how the evenings are the harest for you..I think they are the hardest for most of us, you're not alone there!

Yup... and after that you can call me... we'll keep those lips a flapping... talk your doggone ears off!

Darcy

Lots of exercise for me today..it was a good day!

rode the stationary bike for 3 miles

then walked to pick up my 10 yr old at school 1 mile up the hill and one mile down the hill then jumped in the pool due to being overheated where I swam for 25 minutes..my legs feel shaky right now...but I feel good as I sit here and type drinking my last 24oz of Water rinsing out my pouch before I go to bed...hope you all had a good day too!

Well, I've really done lousy so far. But I've gotten a shot and some antibiotics so hopefully this will start turning around by tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my 32nd wedding anniversary!! Wow, that's older than many bandsters!:)