Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Hey Just checking in. I am in Nashville and just relaxing in the hotel room. I leave TUesday morning for the Island. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ready too.

OH can you believe it there is a scale in the hotel room. SIGH!! Can't seem to get away from it can I? LOL!! If I remember right there is one in the hotel room in Jamaica too. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a good girl and eaten moderately healthy. I am in the south by the way where Fried Foods is considered a second veggie. LOLOLOL!!!!!!!! Hey I grew up in the South so I can make fun of them. LOL!!!!

Saw my mom and she is looking good these days. I went with her to plan her burial (no she isn't going anytime soon). She wanted to get it done and out of the way so I didn't have to deal with it when the time came. We laughed the whole time making the plans and I think the mortician (who knows us both) thought we were loony. LOL!!! I kept telling Mom to jump in the casket to try it out. She almost did it too. LOL!!! My daughter went with me and we all three were running from one casket to the other feeling them and looking inside them, you know under the part where the feet and legs are that no one sees. LOLOLOLOL!!

I kept saying there is no way Mom would fit under there. We all rolled. LOL!!!! She is as skinny as a rail.

OK so that counts as my good deed for this whole trip I think. LOL!!

Exercise: getting up at 6a to go to the exercise room and do a whole hour on the treadmill and recumbent bike (30 min each) then to breakfast.

Love you guys.

Betty, the band gave me the kick in the rear I needed to get motivated. I've never been an athletic person, even in my skinny days. Maybe I'm just trying to make up for lost time.:D

Mornin Everyone!

Penni... tis good to see your post... so glad you are having a good time!

Marie... you are really pounding the pavement with that bike of yours! Dang... you are going to need new tires for Christmas!

Janie... Come back soon! Love your murals you talented lady you!

Well I guess my fill is working because I am down to 222! THat brings my grand total to 35 lbs lost! YAY! It took my stomach until Sunday to stop cramping but feeling pretty normal now. I was afraid to eat in the beginning but am back to solid foods and chew... chew... chewing! I am so happy to be restricted again!

No probs drinking water...

Went for a short bike ride Sunday but was just not feeling up to a huge amount of exercise this weekend. I'm feeling so much better today and plan on getting moving again!

Oh... good deed... bought more bird feeders for up at our cabin and filled them all before we left... we are going to have some fat and sassy birdies by next weekend!

((((hugs))))

Darcy

Hi Marie...

My wt last Monday was 227... so that's 5lbs down this week! Of course... I barely ate on Friday or Saturday so am sure that helped this weeks total! I am really hoping to be down to 219 next Monday... to be in the "teens" would really motivate me and not to mention how fricking happy it would make me feel!

I did get my gym... unfortunately... after much trouble getting it into the basement... the motor didn't work to set the tension. :D I was just a TAD upset. The Sears dude is coming this morning to hopefully fix it or at least figure out what is wrong so it can be fixed. My hubby and I are both looking forward to using it!

I was able to put on a pair of 18/20 jeans this weekend... WOW... freaked me out!

Darcy

Darcy, that is amazing!! 5 pounds! Wow! I hope you get your gym fixed or replaced without any problems.

I lost one whole pound this week. I need to improve my daily Water intake and exercise more regularly this coming week.

Marie - You have been doing so much bike riding, you are probably gaining a lot of muscle, and that would be one reason you didn't show more of a loss on the scale. I bet you are a lot more toned. You are doing great!

Betty

Thanks, Betty! I was really feeling discouraged. My mouth muscles are the only ones that have gotten a workout over the past years.:D

Marie... I am sure that Betty is totally correct about the building of muscle! Be sure to keep measurements... sometimes you will lose inches even when the loss isn't reflected on the scale. :D I bet your clothes are also telling a different story than the scale as well!

The guy wasn't able to fix my gym... he ordered new parts and they will be back next Wednesday to hopefully get it up and running. I could return it... but we would pay a couple hundred more for a brand new model. I think it will be worth the wait... crossing my fingers.

I guess I will have to do the treadmill and toning exercises as I was before... bummer... was really hoping for the change from the same ole routine.

Darcy - The same thing happened to us when we got our equipment, but they ordered the parts, came and fixed it and in 6 years we haven't had any more problems. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Betty

I sure hope so Betty! It's tough not being able to use it... I just looked at it longingly while doing 2 miles on the treadmill today...LOL. I can see my skin sagging already and since I don't think I can talk myself into more surgery... I'm going to hope that this machine will help minimize the sag factor!

So Miss Betty... when is your big day again????? Must be coming up pretty soon???? It seemed like forever when I was waiting for my surgery day but then whammo... it arrived quicker than I expected! Posting here really helped me through the wait.:D

Darcy