Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Is Slow

Hello FamiIy,

I had surgery October 17th and I have lost 28 pounds. Today is my 4 week post-op. So I know that 28 pounds in a month is really good and I am happy for that but I was wondering if it is normal to be losing slow right now. I lost 20 pounds in the first week so that means I lost the 8 pounds in 3 weeks. Is it normal to lose slow like that in the beginning or am I doing something wrong? I guess I was expecting like 3-5 pounds a week at least. Any advise. Thank you

Hello FamiIy' date='

I had surgery October 17th and I have lost 28 pounds. Today is my 4 week post-op. So I know that 28 pounds in a month is really good and I am happy for that but I was wondering if it is normal to be losing slow right now. I lost 20 pounds in the first week so that means I lost the 8 pounds in 3 weeks. Is it normal to lose slow like that in the beginning or am I doing something wrong? I guess I was expecting like 3-5 pounds a week at least. Any advise. Thank you[/quote']

That's pretty much what happen to me dos 9/11/12 lost 22 pounds the first two weeks but still 20 pounds a moth is great

YEP I SAW MY NUT THIS WEEK AND SHE TOLD ME THAT I WAS ON TRACK. AND TO LOOK AT A 2 LBS LOSS EVERY WEEK. IT IS SLOW BUT WE WONT HAVE LOOSE SKIN, WITH THE EXTRA TIME IT WORK OUT. KEEP UP WITH YOUR Protein.< /p>

YEP I SAW MY NUT THIS WEEK AND SHE TOLD ME THAT I WAS ON TRACK. AND TO LOOK AT A 2 LBS LOSS EVERY WEEK. IT IS SLOW BUT WE WONT HAVE LOOSE SKIN, WITH THE EXTRA TIME IT WORK OUT. KEEP UP WITH YOUR Protein.

You have lost 33 pounds in a month. How did you lose that much more? What are you eating right now? Are you exercising? Do you count calories? :)

I was. 276 at surgery in October 29 and now 250. so 26 pounds in less then 3 weeks. but now I am where I can't eat as I experienced dumping today and now I am scared to eat anything.

I was. 276 at surgery in October 29 and now 250. so 26 pounds in less then 3 weeks. but now I am where I can't eat as I experienced dumping today and now I am scared to eat anything.

That's good. The weight loss part not the dumping part. It was horrible I am assuming? What did you dump on?

I have no clue!! unless I am

now lactose intolerant...I had 1 ounce cottage cheese for Breakfast and for lunch I had 8 ounce of 1% milk with a scoop of body fortress chocolate Protein Powder and it started after eating a sugar free orange popcicle. and I have had all this before and after surgery so I don't know what made today different and yes it is the worst feeling ever. I thought I was dying!!!

You have lost 33 pounds in a month. How did you lose that much more? What are you eating right now? Are you exercising? Do you count calories? :)

Theby you're doing absolutely great! Relax a little and trust the process and your body to find it's own way in its own time. Comparing your weight loss to mine (or anyone else's) is pointless and a sure recipe for frustration. The fact that your weight loss is different from someone else's weight loss means absolutely nothing. We're all individuals and we're all different. There are just too many variables. Focus that energy on following the protocol, getting in ALL of your Protein every day, staying active and staying away from the scales for at least a week and two would be even better. This is a journey, not a marathon. You're gonna love the new you!!

lol, no I was 276 day of RNY today I'm 247 I'm down 29lbs

Theby you're doing absolutely great! Relax a little and trust the process and your body to find it's own way in its own time. Comparing your weight loss to mine (or anyone else's) is pointless and a sure recipe for frustration. The fact that your weight loss is different from someone else's weight loss means absolutely nothing. We're all individuals and we're all different. There are just too many variables. Focus that energy on following the protocol, getting in ALL of your Protein every day, staying active and staying away from the scales for at least a week and two would be even better. This is a journey, not a marathon. You're gonna love the new you!!

Thank you DLCoggin,

That makes me feel a lot better. I know you are right and I have to relax. I think the fact that I am just eating and not drinking my shakes have thrown me off thinking that I am not going to lose if I am eating my Protein now and not drinking mainly shakes. I don't know it's probably in my mind but I am going to do what all you say and relax and just give it time and try to stay off the scale. It's only been a month since major surgery. Thank you again I appreciate the encouragement! :)

I had my surgery on October 18, and I was able to lose 22lbs since then. Now I feel like I'm stuck as well. So I get your frustration. Thinking about just going back to liquids for awhile. Idk if this will work or not. Hoping that it will though. I want to be in onderland by the new year.

I had my surgery on October 18, and I was able to lose 22lbs since then. Now I feel like I'm stuck as well. So I get your frustration. Thinking about just going back to liquids for awhile. Idk if this will work or not. Hoping that it will though. I want to be in onderland by the new year.

I was wondering that too but my bariatric nurse said they want you to be on food as soon as you can and after your stages of course and being safe about it. But my point is they want you to eventually get all your nutrition fromfood and we should lose faster too. So I don't know whats better. Maybe ask your doc or nurse. It is annoying though. :(

Many rny patients end up lactose intolerant

Many rny patients end up lactose intolerant

I have heard that too. I have always been ok drinking milk. Can I become lactos intolerant just like that? I thought if I was it would start from the beginning?

With this surgery anything is possible but I'm thinking it might have been an off day. You know where everyday for months you can eat chicken and turn one day you can't buy a week later you're good. Wait a bit and try again. When you're home near the facilities though lol.