Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went To Doc Today Bmi Is Borderline :/

Guess I shouldn't be complaining but.. I go to doc and my BMI is borderline to low. While doc will do bypass he says the girl who handles insurance blew the wind outta my sail.. My BMI was 39.5 I hve no comorbidities ... She need records showing my past 3 year weights ( can't remember back that far what my BMI would have been... I know I was over weight tho! Keeping my fingers crossed it was an exceptae BMI ... Uggh all my life my weight has been an issue !! Now it maynot be?? Seriously:( I know I should like a whinny baby I'm just so worried I won't get approved any one else been thru this? Btw my screen had disappeared. So I cannot see what I'm typing! Sorry if there r miss spellings or sentences that are strange!!

I dont know if this means anything, but i had bmi of 42, lost weight and it went down to 39 and i was approved. I also have no comorbidities but was borderline high lood pressure ( not sure if it counts)

I'm nervous I have a bmi of 37.5. Ibhave high cholesterol and gerd. But is that enough for approval.? I have major back problems which is aggravated by my weight. I have pcos and am 1 point away from type 2 diabetes. But I'm 18 pounds away from a 40 bmi. This is so stressful. I'm so scared that I will be denied. Any advice

The worst part is even with a lower bmi I have over 100 pounds to loose

Mommy I'm like 2 points away! Uggggh! But I am doing my "6 month diet" and according to that doc my BMI is like 40.2!! Which is what I have it at! So frustrating I'm going to another surgeon on dec.4 because the girl who handles the insurance stuff is a major major TURD! The surgeon is great but her ha! She's a nightmare! The surgeon I'm going to see the 4th is great I hope his staff if helpful! I'm so worried about not getting approved! I have 100 # to loose as well I'd like to loose about 120? But that would put me at my lowest weight for my height and I'm tall! But hey I'd certainly take that!! Lol

Me too. I'm 5'8". It stinks I feel like I need to defend a low bmi to insurance but 105 pounds to loose.

Joy I think you need to start eating lol never did I think I would be too think. I'm 18 pounds under

I'm 5'8 also!! Yea me either! Never did i think mu weight would be to light for anything!Lol yea I've been eating lol my new surgeon @ seminar if ur borderline do the diet but dont!! So that's what I'm doin...my doc who's surpervising my diet said same thing he's awesome!

My BMI is 34.9 + high blood pressure + high cholesterol + GERD and insurance said "no." So I am self-pay.

I was just at 40 when I went (if my doc went with saying I was 5'8 instead of 5'9!! Haha. But I had comorbities...diabetes II, etc. etc. So I could have gotten away with a BMI of 35 I think. I feel for you guyz. I would say keep trying for all the proof you can for past weight issues and diet failures. How about a good therapist's recommendation? does that help?

Doesn't it sound crazy that if you have over 100 pounds to lose that you're FAT enough? I mean, no offense, but I know what you mean...I guess my insurance is super good!

I wish you all the best, best, best!

<3

FIGHT!!

It's your life...your health! They should be happy you're going for it BEFORE they have to pay lots of $$$$ for your comorbidities!

My BMI was 40 with HBP, HC, and sleep apnea. Went to doc with one visit and rather adamantly requested surgery referral. Ok, no problem. Referral went through in 3 days. Tricare paid all but 25. I guess they view it as cheaper now with surgery than to have issues later with other weight related problems.