Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All...so I'm writing this here because there is no way I'm going to disclose this issue to my Dr. or anyone else at their office.

Here goes, I can't eat. Everything I try and eat feels HUGE or for you other lap band to RNY converts..."stuck". Here's the worst part, when I feel this way....I make myself throw-up. Yes, I am purging. Right now my goal is to make it just one day without purging. Yesterday I lasted until 4 pm. Today, I've had only 4oz. Of yogurt that took me 30 or so min. to eat. It's now 1pm and so far so good. I'm thinking about going back to puréed foods and very slowly working my way toward solids...one tiny step at a time.

Please feel free to discuss, chew me out, kick my behind...go, give it to me good..I so need scolding. I need to hear it all, please don't hold back.

My stats: weight before lapband-289, weight before lap band had to be emptied-185. Weight prior to 8/27/12 RNY-228. Current weight for last 3 weeks-206.

I think you should talk to your doctor. You could have a medical issue that is preventing you from eating normally.

As for the purging - was this something you have done before the surgeries? Either way go speak to someone about it. There might been hidden reason behind all of it that is easy to fix. Have you ever thought that you are setting yourself up for failure for a reason?

My advise is to do some soul searching and reach out to medical professionals. That is what they are there for.

You should talk to your Dr and not be embarrassed about the purging. It's not like you are doing it on purpose or whatever. You're doing it because the food is uncomfortable and it needs to be thrown up! I've done this. Not every day, but quite often. Ask your Dr and see what they say. It may not be as uncommon as you think. But if you ARE purging on purpose to only lose weight then yes that's very unhealthy and you may need more help.

Kerrie-Ann..please do speak with your doctor or nutritionist at least. I hear you on the not being able to eat and it does sometimes happen due to "female" issues and swelling, I find...but, it shouldn't last as long as it appears it is lasting for you. Throwing up or purging as you say isn't good for your esphogus at all and you could be potentially bringing on more medical issues other than the one causing it by doing so. If you're not comfortable with your surgeon's office...maybe find one that you are comfy with? You should never feel that you can't talk to them. Please for your health sake.....let them know.

Hello All...so I'm writing this here because there is no way I'm going to disclose this issue to my Dr. or anyone else at their office.

Here goes' date=' I can't eat. Everything I try and eat feels HUGE or for you other lap band to RNY converts..."stuck". Here's the worst part, when I feel this way....I make myself throw-up. Yes, I am purging. Right now my goal is to make it just one day without purging. Yesterday I lasted until 4 pm. Today, I've had only 4oz. Of yogurt that took me 30 or so min. to eat. It's now 1pm and so far so good. I'm thinking about going back to puréed foods and very slowly working my way toward solids...one tiny step at a time.

Please feel free to discuss, chew me out, kick my behind...go, give it to me good..I so need scolding. I need to hear it all, please don't hold back.

My stats: weight before lapband-289, weight before lap band had to be emptied-185. Weight prior to 8/27/12 RNY-228. Current weight for last 3 weeks-206.[/quote']

How long since surgery? I had this issue for 7 days at 2 months after surgery they did the endoscopy & wala problem solve. My stomach close so tight they open it just a little. I feel 100% better. Don't be afraid to tell your surgeon.

How long since surgery? I had this issue for 7 days at 2 months after surgery they did the endoscopy & wala problem solve. My stomach close so tight they open it just a little. I feel 100% better. Don't be afraid to tell your surgeon.

My surgery was 8/27/12. I really appreciate everyone's comments. I'm going to try and just go back to puréed foods and see what happens. There is no way I'm telling my surgeon. Heck last time I was there, the freakin receptionist, somebody who has zero business scolding me did so for like 10 min. because I ate 1/2 a saltine. The acid level my stomach was so horrible that day I had to put something in there....I was dry heaving it was so bad and my nausea meds were at home =[ she even scolded my friend who had gone with me!!! No way in telling anyone in that office what's been going on.

My surgery was 8/27/12. I really appreciate everyone's comments. I'm going to try and just go back to puréed foods and see what happens. There is no way I'm telling my surgeon. Heck last time I was there, the freakin receptionist, somebody who has zero business scolding me did so for like 10 min. because I ate 1/2 a saltine. The acid level my stomach was so horrible that day I had to put something in there....I was dry heaving it was so bad and my nausea meds were at home =[ she even scolded my friend who had gone with me!!! No way in telling anyone in that office what's been going on.

My surgery was 8/27/12. I really appreciate everyone's comments. I'm going to try and just go back to puréed foods and see what happens. There is no way I'm telling my surgeon. Heck last time I was there' date=' the freakin receptionist, somebody who has zero business scolding me did so for like 10 min. because I ate 1/2 a saltine. The acid level my stomach was so horrible that day I had to put something in there....I was dry heaving it was so bad and my nausea meds were at home =[ she even scolded my friend who had gone with me!!! No way in telling anyone in that office what's been going on.[/quote']

Strictures are a very common cause for not being able to keep things down. You're risking becoming malnutritioned and making yourself very ill by not calling your Dr. Can you call your dietition??

I am four years out and I hit the biggest plateau for a min, but here it is and now I try and eat. I cant keep anything down either and I have lost 60 pounds in just two mo. I know its not good to lose like that but I cant call my doc ciz hes a major duche bag, guess ill just be sick I really hate it that people think im bulimic now.

I couldn't eat for the first month after I got my surgery and purging can lead to more medical problems. I think you should call your doctor office and ask then to have the doctor call you directly or the nutritionist, but don't speak with anyone who makes you uncomfortable. You can also ask your insurance company if they have a Health line where you can speak with a nurse or nutritionist over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I had this for about 2 weeks recently...My surgeon slowly backtracked me to liquids because that was the only thing I could keep down. I was there for about a week before I slowly progressed to soft foods where I should be....Try doing just liquids for a while but definitely talk to a medical professional about this.

What I hear is that you do not like your surgeon or their office. Why not try calling another doctor. Maybe your PCP or go to another surgeons office. In my area there are about 10 docs that do the surgery and I made sure I was picking the right one for me.

Don't be scared of calling for help - your life could be on the line. There could be so many reasons medically why you are having these issues. Do you want to play with you life before you have had a chance to live it. don't let the doctors office speak to you like that. We all trip and stumble during this time. The doctor office should be there to support you and guide you like a parent during this life changing operation.

I was thinking like Music, it may be time to see if you can find a different doctor for after care. You shouldn't be afraid or uncomfortable to call them or anyone in their office. Think of it this way, if you moved out of state you would need to find a new doctor why can't you just find someone you can trust and depend on and feel comfortable with locally. Your health both emotionally and psychically is too important to have to hesitate for a second to contact your docs office when something doesn't seem right.

My concern is that this sounds like a possible stricture. This has happened to a few people I know and your symptoms sound similar. This means that the opening to your stomach is basically closed or too small to allow your food to go down, which is why it feels stuck to you. It is a very common complication that has nothing to do with your eating habits etc. The only way to fix it is that endoscopy (normally 3 to 5 times) and then you will be back to normal and no need to throw up etc.. get it checked out... this is a serious issue that can become life threatening. Plus you are not purging this is a different thing altogether!!

Find another doctor that takes your insurance that will make you feel comfortable seeing. You want to be safe then sorry. We have to be very careful when it comes to surgery.