Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I understand what you mean on the weight loss' date=' everyone keeps saying, you look great! How much have you loss? Only a few people know I had the RNY, they still think I have the lapband and I don't feel like the conversion about their opinions, so I just leave it at that.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201[/quote']

I would too...that's personnel and I've been shocked at how nosey and judge-mental people can be.....

I would too...that's personnel and I've been shocked at how nosey and judge-mental people can be.....

I myself like to talk about the conversion, especially since the band has failed so many. People can be cruel no matter what. But unless they walk a day in our shoes, try have no idea what it is like..... Be proud of all you have endured! It's a proud moment to be able to talk about how you are bettering yourself. Ask them what they are doing to better themselves.

I hear Rhonda and the sad part is that those judge mental people are always people that are my size or heavier. I just want to say you deal with you and let me deal with me.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

I myself like to talk about the conversion' date=' especially since the band has failed so many. People can be cruel no matter what. But unless they walk a day in our shoes, try have no idea what it is like..... Be proud of all you have endured! It's a proud moment to be able to talk about how you are bettering yourself. Ask them what they are doing to better themselves.[/quote']

Hey Anne, I probably will share more with people who I know have the band and are curious for themselves and their decisions, but right now I'm not in the mood for their negatively. I think everyone knows when they can handle what they can handle :) I know me and I will spend more of my time defending why I chose RNY, right now,than focusing on whats important now,and that's how I'm adjusting.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

I myself like to talk about the conversion' date=' especially since the band has failed so many. People can be cruel no matter what. But unless they walk a day in our shoes, try have no idea what it is like..... Be proud of all you have endured! It's a proud moment to be able to talk about how you are bettering yourself. Ask them what they are doing to better themselves.[/quote']

The ones I did tell have been supportive for the most part but I want to tell people that surgery was a tool and this is still a daily struggle... your so right... unless you've had surgery... you have no idea! :)

hey everyone! I'm a little over a month post op. I did have one set back.. I was having terrible tummy pain and i threw up only to find blood. I went to the hospital and my stools turned to complete blood. They did a scope and found an ulcer in my intestine and one in my stoma. So they burnt the one in my stoma and i take medication for the one in my intestine for a month. Onto the better news! I am 34 pounds down. Doing well. Hope everyone else is doing well

when did you have surgery? I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and I am in terrible pain in my stomach. maybe I ate too much today and that's why? I had 4 ounces of mashed potatoes 2 oz for Breakfast and then 2 oz at lunch and just ate 2 oz of SF pudding

when did you have surgery? I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and I am in terrible pain in my stomach. maybe I ate too much today and that's why? I had 4 ounces of mashed potatoes 2 oz for breakfast and then 2 oz at lunch and just ate 2 oz of SF pudding

It could have been the potatoes. They have a similar affect to me.

hey everyone! I'm a little over a month post op. I did have one set back.. I was having terrible tummy pain and i threw up only to find blood. I went to the hospital and my stools turned to complete blood. They did a scope and found an ulcer in my intestine and one in my stoma. So they burnt the one in my stoma and i take medication for the one in my intestine for a month. Onto the better news! I am 34 pounds down. Doing well. Hope everyone else is doing well

Sad on the set back but glad ur doing better.

What medicine did they put you on for the ulcer in your intestine? Were you on something like Prilosec, nexium, or protonix after surgery?

wow we sure don't keep active on our October dates lol. well anyway I am a month post op today and just now getting that left side pain everyone talks about. I also have been to hospital once because thinking I had a bleed which cleared up but was dehydrated real bad and yesterday went to ER closer to home for Fluid. the past week or so I have been having some kind of attacks either foamies or gallbladder or something. so going in the morning to have a endoscopy to see if that shows anything. so how are you all doing?? really wish we all could be close like September and November post opers without the Facebook thing because I like knowing pre opers can learn from us. we can't learn anything from September post opers as they don't post on here anymore. BTW surgery was 10/29 weighed 276 and weigh 246 now HW was 287. was size 22 now in size 18 jeans. my shirts was 3x and now 2x (just bought 2 sweaters and I always like them big) but I bought a little cameo shirt to wear under one of the sweaters an its a 16/18.

Hello fellow October post ops :) can't believe it's officially been a month, surgery date 10.29.12. My pre op weight was 258.8, today I weighed in at 228.6. Got a bit more active this week with walking, am hoping to start Zumba or something fun soon :) I have just started with having difficulty w eating.. Getting nauseous, throwing up...I am having a hard time with getting all Protein in but I try so hard! Have that lower left abdominal pain, almost feels like the pain right after surgery :( I will be seeing my surgeon on 12/4 so I will discuss all of this w him.. Hope everyone is doing well on their own journeys!!

I've been doing good no problems or pain of any kind. I forget to eat slow some times and wind up up chucking what I stuffed in my mouth, but it doesn't happen to ofter. I really take my time when I'm out with friends as no one knows that I've had WLS. My date was Oct. 15, 2012 was 275 then today I am 239. Started my cycle a few days ago so I've been up and down two pounds which is cool I know that they will be off soon. I'm on Fb Nyree Smith is my name on there, I made a profile just for the WLS community that's where I share pics and other info. Hope everyone is doing well.