Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date - 10/1/2012

Today I am actually feeling the best I've felt since before the surgery. However I am not able to drink liquid Protein shakes, Jello and broth. Luckly my NP has approved for me try yogurt, cottage cheese, and split pea Soup. Yogurt and Soup is good how im still scared to try the cottage cheese. Total lost since surgery is 8 pounds. My last weigh-in was on Monday.

I read this and wanted to post it for my October surgery buddies' date=' and for everyone else. It really hit home for me!

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” ~B. Moawad[/quote']

Love it!!

I read this and wanted to post it for my October surgery buddies' date=' and for everyone else. It really hit home for me!

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” ~B. Moawad[/quote']

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using RNYTalk

So now im starting to regret having this surgery...

I hate feeling sick 24/7 :'(

All I want to do is cry.

All I want to do is cry.

When was your surgery and what happened?

surgiversary 10/09/12~235 lbs

All I want to do is cry.

I have had a lot of not feeling well, I have been told it gets better with time. With everything your body has to adjust, I'm sure it will get better mine has.

My surgery was 10/1/2012 and I am so weak. My NP to me I need to get my Protein in however last night I tried cottage cheese and woke up with back pains and cramps and all I could do was cry. I want to get my required protein in so bad but i can't tolerate Protein Drinks anymore. Everyone says it gets easier but, WHEN? This is hell for me.

My surgery was 10/1/2012 and I am so weak. My NP to me I need to get my Protein in however last night I tried cottage cheese and woke up with back pains and cramps and all I could do was cry. I want to get my required Protein in so bad but i can't tolerate protein drinks anymore. Everyone says it gets easier but' date=' WHEN? This is hell for me.[/quote']

I'm so sorry, I wish I could say that it gets better but my surgery was after yours. Have you tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury? I will be thinking of you and hope you feel better soon!

surgiversary 10/09/12~235 lbs

My surgery was 10/1/2012 and I am so weak. My NP to me I need to get my Protein in however last night I tried cottage cheese and woke up with back pains and cramps and all I could do was cry. I want to get my required Protein in so bad but i can't tolerate protein drinks anymore. Everyone says it gets easier but' date=' WHEN? This is hell for me.[/quote']

Have you told your doc about this? You shouldn't be in that much pain all the time....maybe your stoma is to small or something happened. Better to check than be sorry....I still have pains when drinking if I get a little air or too much at once, it's so hard to push through and drink but you gave to, don't feel like a failure if your not getting all of your protein yet, it takes time. Just get as much in as you can and I found that cottage cheese was not for me. Try mixing your Protein powder in some unsweetened applesauce....it might help. I had my surgery 9/25 and it has gotten much better but I still struggle. I'm praying for you and that things get better for you.

All I want to do is cry.

Did they check your gallbladder again? My friend was having the same problem and come to find out that was the problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using RNYTalk

Clair you can do this, pick ur self up brush ur shoulders of Nd keep it moving, you can do it we know u can. We or you drink, ur Protein, sip, sip, sip, sip, walk walk sip.