Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurricane Charley - PRay for my family

OK I need all you to pray for my daughter, her husband and my 16 yr old son that are in Orlando Area. I just got a call from her saying they are heading to her Mother in laws house cause the storm is supposed to hit in an hour.

My daughter works at a vet's and saw a tornado outside their window about three miles away. IT did not touch down but they closed the office and told everyone to go home and be safe. It is a category 4 now. I am so worried about her. They predict the storm will last for at least 3 hours when it does slam them. So for the next 4 to 5 hours I will be on pins and needles.

My daughter also told me that Disney and Orlando both were hit by tornadoes today. Not sure of the damage. She just heard it. She was on the phone for a short time as they were in the car heading to safety.

Pray for them and everyone else to be safe.

Oh Penni, you must be a nervous wreck. I will pray for them and you. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Please keep us posted on them.

Betty

I will definitely keep positive thoughts about this storm for your family. My mother also lives in the area and I am concerned also.

Carol

Big (((hugs))) and lots of prayers... please update us once the storm passes!

Darcy

I will definitely keep them in my prayers. I'm hoping she'll keep you updated and it all blows over with no harm to them or anyone in it's path. I know how terribly scary it can be worrying about your kids safety from so far away. Hugs to you, Penni..

Leatha

Penni.... you know you have MY prayers.

I have TWC on right now. I very seldom watch tv and was SHOCKED to here that it hit land at a cat. 4! WOW! Thats a powerful storm!

My wife and I will send up a prayer, too. To keep your family safe. Her uncle lives in the Boca Raton area, so we'll be praying for some more as well.

OK have been in contact with my ex and his wife. They are ok and made it through the storm. They live about 40 miles south of my daughter. I still have had NO contact with my daughter since earlier today. I know in my heart they are fine but I wanna hear their voices. I have been trying all day long to call on her cell phone and on my sons as well and can't get through. I would bet the lines are down. I am going on the assumption that all is well till I hear differently, but damn this waiting is for the birds.

I would usually be attacking the frig at this point with the stress level so high, but can't even resort to that anymore. LOL!!

I know the last I heard that Orlando (45 min North of my daughter) had experienced winds of 105 mph and had reported damage to the Airport. Lots of Tornadoes reported as well.

I know that my daughter does not have any power but her husband (my son in law) works for the Electric company and would most likely have power repaired for them first. Privilege does have it's perks. LOL!! But there is also the worry of him working with live wires and doing repairs. They have only been married since June.

My mind is doing major tricks on me at this point. I have to go read a book or something to get my mind off this.

When I know something more I will fill you guys in.

I am sending up Prayers for everyone that was affected by this storm. Let's remember the three that have already lost their lives from this storm. And the many more that were injured or lost their homes or businesses.

Thank you for all your support. I am so glad again that Darcy told me about you guys. So double thank you again Darcy.

Penni, I'm hoping you've gotten in touch w/your daughter by now. If not, it could be that she just can't get access to a good phone line right now. Also, her husband is probably very busy helping other people get their power restored. Best of luck to her and all of these people hit by this disaster.

Wow, I was just watching the news and this one looks like it left MAJOR damage in its wake. I'm sure your family is fine, Penni, but please let us know when you find out.