Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Whosyadaddy, I see a scooter. Where's the motorcycle??? (sorry, I had to say it. hehehe) Nice putt putt! However, I did notice the SNOW still on the ground. We've got flowers blooming around here ! ! ! And all the trees are leafing out. I believe it is suppose to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 degrees today . . .

Helloooooooo!

Just checking in! It's been a while! Been busy riding, working on my bike, and general domesticity. Life with the lap band has been awesome! Absolutely no problems. Just had my second fill. I've lost 47 lbs since my initial pre-op visit and 54 lbs from my highest last October. 53 more to goal! The most amusing thing has been having to buy new jeans all the time. It's a good problem to have.

I'm loving my Fat Bob and trying to figure out how to come up with all the money it's going to take to do everything I want to do to make her my own LOL The modifications are never done it seems!

Glad to see that everyone is starting to get out and ride. I know it's been a long cold winter up north but it will warm up soon!

Ride safe!

OK, where can I pick up a fur lined jock strap. These lower 40's mornings are putting the package in the deep freeze! ! ! Good thing I only have ten miles to ride, back to the house. And the ride TO work has been pretty nice...low 70's.

Hey Everyone...DH had been doing alot of riding here in New England lately. We've been very lucky with the warmer weather. We went out on the bike over the weekend and it was great. Well yesterday I finally got myself a ride...now it's probably a wimpy bike to most of you shifting gurus but, I get so dang nervous trying to shift, clutch, break, balance, watch traffic all at the same time....newbie rider I guess huh? Anyway...I've been eyeing the QLink Legacy for a while and finally did it. It's an automatic and I'm so excited. I've been wanting to ride on my own. The dealer said alot of new riders like them so they can concentrate on the road and traffic and get used to how a motorcycle feels...then they move onto bigger bikes. Me...I'm thinking this will be great to putter around town with, simple chores that I need to get done and if it comes to longer and/or highway rides well I'd be hopping on my DH's bike anyway.....just so comfy and spoiled sitting on the back of the Midnight Venture...speakers playing yeap. Anyway....just had to share my news...I'll post a picture when I get it. I read here all the time how much fun everyone is having and I hope to be joining you:) Here is a link to the bike...I got the black one ;)::QLINK MOTOR:: hee hee get to pick it up this week.

Sherry, very nice. Reminds me of the Honda Rebel that I had several years ago. And I'll bet it will have plenty of what you need it for. Congratulations!!

Thanks Randy! I was able to pick it up yesterday after my Band Doc visit. I'm really happy with it and drove it around my yard yesterday. Going to get it insured and registered today.

Went to my band doc yesterday and got a fill. I'm now close to 2cc and yeap I was up really late (1am) because I tried to sleep but the reflux is back and now I'm up early (5:20am) because it woke me up again even through I tried to sleep in the lazyboy recliner :redface: . I need to find a solution to this reflux because the med my doc gave me isn't working. Going to have to call her today to see if she'll prescribe something else to try UGH. This prilosec prescription didn't work the last time I tried it and I ended up with almost a complete unfill. I need this fill to help me in the right direction but, I'm praying the lack of sleep doesn't continue. Anyone have suggestions on how they get ride of their reflux/sour stomach?

Hey super cool about the Qlink. My wife wants a motorcycle but she too is super afraid of changing gears.

How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking...keep me posted on it:)

Sherry, my wife had a little indigestion/reflux trouble a while back and she treated herself with Tagamet OTC. I guess it did the trick. She hasn't had any other problems since.

Whosyadaddy, have your wife check out the Silverwing from Honda. Auto tranny, 650, step thru, storage. Look under the "Scooters" links on the left side bar.

Yea my hubby suggested a scooter too but, I really wanted the look and feel of a motorcycle but really wanted an automatic. Well the Honda DN1 looks awesome but, it's not here yet and a Ridley is way out of my price range. I figured this was a great starter bike to see if I really enjoy riding on my own or not.

MyKidsDad - I've tried Pepcid OTC, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Rolaids and a prescription Pepcid with no luck so far :rolleyes2: Might have to try this tagament. Can she take the pill with no trouble? That's another worry...some meds we can't take whole like that.

Whosyadaddy - I got it brand new for $3250 in NH. I think most dealers sell it for that price. I don't know where you're located but, you can go to the website and find a dealer near you. I just got mine registered and insured today so hopefully the weather will hold out so I can try it out tomorrow :cry_smile:

Hi All,

Glad to see a biker site, I ride a 08 street glide and was banded on 4.8.8 a birthday gift to myself. I put my bike in for dservice right before the surgery so I wouldn't be tempted to ride and the day the doc gave me the ok I took off down the coast to San Lous Obisbo. I'm not sure how I will handle the temptations at ralleys and the like but I guess with a lot of will power and the lap band it will work.

Roxanne

Havent posted on here in a while, but I hope everyone is doing great. Leaving next week for North carolina and the dragon again. A nice plus to losing weight is the bike is much faster now...LOL

We clocked her with me riding Sat night with a gps at 205 going over a local bridge and there was more to go, but my nerves could'nt take it. Now time for some twisties and nice mountain scenery to enjoy for a while. Hope everyone is getting in some good rides. If you are up in NC next week, tap your horn when you see me.

Roxanne, welcome to the boards. And about those temptations, me and Dave won't mind if you feel the need to whip off your shirt and flash us. We'll just have to bear up under the pressure. LOL

Dave, I'm jealous. The Dragon is just a bit far for a weekend run for me. I certainly did enjoy my one trip thru there a while back. Even though the Roadking isn't exactly a "cornering" bike. But all those curves at 30 and 35 were a blast. And since I went down on a Wednesday, I had it mostly to myself.....very cool.

Sherry, yes ma'am, she was able to get it down with no problems.

Edited by MyKdsDad

Greetings to all and happy Spring! Well, we're in the 80's already so for some of you, happy summer....lol I've been running around and have not taken the time to share my news. And if I could remember how to attach a picture I'd put one on so maybe someone will remind me how. The link in the reply section never works for me.

I have a new love. He's a big daddy. Weighing in at around 800 pounds. His name is Elvis and he's my new 08 FLHR Road King standard. He's got a custom paint job and he sparkles like a jewel in the sun. I put 1100 miles on him in the first week. This is the beginning of week three and I'm right at 2500. Now, the trip to Big Bend last weekend with my HOG chapter helped put on the second thousand. I really think I should slow down...hmm....nah....lol If you really want to see him you can check out some pictures at bikerornot.com under the same screen name as here.

I traded my Babee in so my Sportster's out there somewhere waiting for a new owner. I'm hoping to see her again someday but I'm really enjoying Elvis in the meantime. Why Elvis? Cuz I'm riding the king of course!! :cool2:

This weekend it will be the Texas State HOG rally in New Braunfels. I'll be there from Thursday through Sunday. Should be a lot of fun and great riding weather. My chapter's hosting one of the guided tours on Friday to Bastrop so if you're on the ride look for me and Elvis. He's a royal purple with sparkly metallic flake in red,green, blue and gold.

I hope everyone's doing well. See you on the road sometime!

:coolgleamA:

Carol, sounds like you've been having plenty of fun. Congrats on the new Roadking. I know how much I enjoy mine. I really need to see a picture, though. Those colors sounds sort of strange...LOL

Are you planning on making it up to ROT this year. Joy and I have our tickets and reservations. Three Dog Night and Charlie Daniels this year.

I made a trip down to Lake Somerville for the Hawgs of Texas rally over the weekend. Had a good time. Hooked up with a couple of guys from Waco, had a couple of brewskis, sat on the Roadking and watched all the bikes and babes come and go, bought the t-shirt. I had enough sense to backtrack into Bryan for the night. Good thing, they had some major thunderstorms that night. I was snug in my hotel room....LOL Next up, Republic of Texas rally...